AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Hi Alex,

I think I found a minor bug. This is related to the "overview mode".

I use 3D mode with overview mode. When switches to overview (2D N-up), the map is not center to the current location. The location arrow will stay at the lower 1/4 of the screen. Same problem is NOT found when actually using 2D N-up mode.

Thanks.

Hmmm.... Map should be offset it one of the 2D modes. I will look into it. I dont use the overview mode that often so I might have missed it.

Btw, scrolling text looks great!

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bypass doesnt work anymore. It worked for me with the 9/15 and 10/10 releases but no longer works with the 11/5 update. Any ideas?

Hmmm didnt change anything with it. Does it just not re-route or does it do something else? I will try to look at it on the way home from work. I have actually been thinking about making that different. I actually like the mode where you get the list of all the streets you are going to take. You then select the street and click avoid. Seems like a better solution. You can currently get to that by touching the secondary direction icon (small one). My thoughts are to reverse the two so its easier to access the route.

I'm talking about the software bypass that allows you to edit stuff while driving. 8)

2 other problems I'm having since the 10/10 update. On the top left where it shows the road name. Sometimes it just shows a white square instead of the name. And also speed cameras are WAY off. They arent close to where the map says they are. They're off several hundred feet.

Thanks

Hey Diaftia,

new version installed and working on both cars. Only bug i've found is the search. as with the older version i could put in a name of a place in So Cal and it would find it with me being up in sacramento. I know you said it should return more results but i still only see about 200 miles away. Can you tell me what changes the way the search is done with respect to how long it keeps searching to find places further away that meet the criteria?

thank you once again!

Hey Diaftia,

new version installed and working on both cars. Only bug i've found is the search. as with the older version i could put in a name of a place in So Cal and it would find it with me being up in sacramento. I know you said it should return more results but i still only see about 200 miles away. Can you tell me what changes the way the search is done with respect to how long it keeps searching to find places further away that meet the criteria?

thank you once again!

Interesting. I took the script that ran the search that you liked from the old set of mods and put it into this set of mods. All things should be equal at this point. Did you set your state as CA? I think by default it does a all states search. Not sure if it needs that to narrow it down. Feel free to look at the scripts. They are in the navigate.ui file. You can see what script is being called from the button that is being pressed. I will take a look at it again myself when I get a chance.

I just went through Boris' post with andr2000 and Stanislavovich's comments. Here are all of the usage items relating to settings I could find. I have kept their respective quotes since it was all their provided information. I have made some changes since some of the original information did not apply due to the changes I have made:

Here's an official description of the mod:

- Cockpit design:

* Trip Computer output is not adjustable:

"destination ETA" or "current time" (if no route).

"distance to next via point" is toggle-able to time to next via point.

* Clicking Maneuver - choose/cancel detour with mute and delete route functions

* Clicking the Compass switches: "3D navigation with track up<->2D navigation with North up", 2D Standard

* Clicking the Plan Route button (via quick menu) switches to "Map" mode. Return to Cockpit mode is always possible with the "Map" hard button.

- In "Map" mode

* Button on the left displays 2D zoom presets. Save zoom adjustments with long click. Preset buttons disappear automatically after a few seconds.

* Button on the right (flags) shows/hides route planning buttons/

* Button below it displays vehicle type and route calculation method. Clicking displays method selection buttons. Those disappear automatically after a few seconds.

- In the Route menu

* Itinerary - Route description with via points -- how far and when you'll get there. From there you can visit via points on the map and select to avoid a street in a route.

* Multiplan -- only alternatives, preserving via points..

Settings features:

* "Next Info" in "Screen setting" - What to display in the upper line of the Cockpit -- next street or next via. !!! Via's NOT displayed in simulation!!!

* "Guidance superiority" in "Sound Setting" - force camera sounds off if it overlaps routing directions. There's a bug/feature in iGO 8: cameras turn route directions off, author chooses to sacrifice cameras instead.

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* Diaftia added voice warnings.

Lane warning is a beep that plays when lane info changes on screen. Because lane info (stay in left two lanes etc.) does not usually prompt voice announcement but is something you want to know, this mod, and few others, add an option of having an audible warning when that information is updated. (this can make the unit beep constantly at times like when in cities)

Overview mode is the same, basically, as in factory skin -- when does the unit switch to large-scale 2D mode when there's a long distance to the next maneuver.

TMC button must be in the Destination screen. it is unhided if vBeta equal 1 or 2 (EW or AU), Please check that you do not switch on TestMode in the Regional Settings. it must be OFF.

To run any application you must copy it in any next folder

\Storage Card\Programs\

\Usb Disk\Programs\

\My Flash Disk\Programs\

and rename it into "application.exe"

it will run :-)

Re: Speedcam Warning settings:

"Full" and "On" are the standard behavior of iGo speedcam warning system. "On" warns only if you are overspeed, "Full" - forever. The way how to warn, sound etc are managed by exe and sys.txt.

"Custom" is fully mod-designed warning completely substituting standard one. In fact "custom" switch off standard speedcam warning and the mod produces own logic and mod-determined sounds.

Hey Diaftia,

thank you once again!

Interesting. I took the script that ran the search that you liked from the old set of mods and put it into this set of mods. All things should be equal at this point. Did you set your state as CA? I think by default it does a all states search. Not sure if it needs that to narrow it down. Feel free to look at the scripts. They are in the navigate.ui file. You can see what script is being called from the button that is being pressed. I will take a look at it again myself when I get a chance.

I'm not sure this is the same problem as mentioned but this is my observation on searching POI:

First, it works fine if starting the search from a map screen (press the small arrow, then POI, then SEARCH). Second, if starts the search from the "Destination" menu (that is pressing MENU, DESTINATION, POI, SEARCH), then it will only "list" but not "search".

Hey Diaftia,

thank you once again!

I'm not sure this is the same problem as mentioned but this is my observation on searching POI:

First, it works fine if starting the search from a map screen (press the small arrow, then POI, then SEARCH). Second, if starts the search from the "Destination" menu (that is pressing MENU, DESTINATION, POI, SEARCH), then it will only "list" but not "search".

That is by design. The search from the POI menu is a more targeted search around the cursor, gps location or destination.

The search from the menu is the custom one that I just added and is more of a blanket search everywhere.

So, if you want a broad search with no criteria use the one from the quick menu. If you want a more specific search use the one from the POI menu.

Hey Alex,

Great job with this mod. I just added it today and it looks great! I do have two questions. Is there a way to desplay the current street name? I noticed the option in the steetings screen but it did not do anthing. Also, when I press the map while driving it does not show the street name but they street that I started from.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hey Alex,

Great job with this mod. I just added it today and it looks great! I do have two questions. Is there a way to desplay the current street name? I noticed the option in the steetings screen but it did not do anthing. Also, when I press the map while driving it does not show the street name but they street that I started from.

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan-

Hmm that is not the expected behavior. The current street should show along the top when not navigating and along the bottom when navigating. Turning it off will make it and the background disappear. Did you delete your save files? I have a custom setting for this and I have seen one other person have the conflict you are having when that is not done.

Thanks,

Alex

That is by design. The search from the POI menu is a more targeted search around the cursor, gps location or destination.

The search from the menu is the custom one that I just added and is more of a blanket search everywhere.

So, if you want a broad search with no criteria use the one from the quick menu. If you want a more specific search use the one from the POI menu.

This is the thing; I don't think it is searching at all. I tried, for example, press POI, AROUND GPS, SEARCH, and typed in "fry's electronics"...it returns with a long list of items that has nothing to do with "fry's". Then I tried again but search for "taco", again I got the exact same list which has just about everything on it, taco or no taco.

Hey Alex,

Thanks,

Bryan

Hi Bryan-

Hmm that is not the expected behavior. The current street should show along the top when not navigating and along the bottom when navigating. Turning it off will make it and the background disappear. Did you delete your save files? I have a custom setting for this and I have seen one other person have the conflict you are having when that is not done.

Thanks,

Alex

Deleting the saved files did the trick. Thanks for your help and again great job putting this all together!

Bypass doesnt work anymore. It worked for me with the 9/15 and 10/10 releases but no longer works with the 11/5 update. Any ideas?

Hmmm didnt change anything with it. Does it just not re-route or does it do something else? I will try to look at it on the way home from work. I have actually been thinking about making that different. I actually like the mode where you get the list of all the streets you are going to take. You then select the street and click avoid. Seems like a better solution. You can currently get to that by touching the secondary direction icon (small one). My thoughts are to reverse the two so its easier to access the route.

I'm talking about the software bypass that allows you to edit stuff while driving. 8)

2 other problems I'm having since the 10/10 update. On the top left where it shows the road name. Sometimes it just shows a white square instead of the name. And also speed cameras are WAY off. They arent close to where the map says they are. They're off several hundred feet.

Thanks

?? :cry:

Rob-

I don't get it man. You are having problems with areas I have not touched. Well, bypass no, text yes. I am going to ask this only because you are talking about code that was not changed. Did you run a mod in between and delete your save files? Actually do it anyway this time in your case even in between versions. Also, bring up the speedometer and let me know if that screen is doing it too.

Do you have a 700?

Rob-

I don't get it man. You are having problems with areas I have not touched. Well, bypass no, text yes. I am going to ask this only because you are talking about code that was not changed. Did you run a mod in between and delete your save files? Actually do it anyway this time in your case even in between versions. Also, bring up the speedometer and let me know if that screen is doing it too.

Do you have a 700?

Didnt/Dont run any mods other then this one. And deleted all save files(sans favorites). What I did was completely reloaded my original My Flash Disc. Added the newest maps, ezrider and license files(guess this would be considered a mod but you had told me they would work with your mod). Then DL'ed your latest mod version and added it. Deleted the save files. Then rebooted.

I'll check the Speedo and see what happens next time i get a chance. And yes, its the 700Bt.

Thanks