AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmmm, correct me if I am wrong, is that dial button a direct link for the phone?

Two of the pictures are labeled speedometer, I believe the dial button cis linked to the first speedometer picture.

Yeah, IDT already told me that he has problems linking the phone to the NAV, I was just hoping that it was figured out.

It doesnt matter anyways because I cannot get this mod to work with DPHursts schemes. All is fine and then I hit the NAV button, and the system just reboots.

ah damn your right... According to this there is some person name Extra that owns that section. ;)

You're. :lol:

Thanks again for all of your work. :)

LOL!!!! Wow! I laugh because usually I am the one catching people doing that. Pet peeve to have people not use your, you're; two, too, to; there, their, they're; etc. correctly. Well at least I always notice it. Apparently, I am getting increasingly more dumb as I get older. ;) I look back at what I typed above and I even left the "d" off named. I'll chock that up to a typo. Nah, I am mildly retarded. :P I need more sleep. Speaking of, I am going to try to work on only that for the rest of the night. :)

I am just reading through this long thread and had to add my comment. It should not be "more dumb" it should be dumber. It is OK though, you are doing great work and may be getting tired.

If you load different mods is it the same?

That's a good idea, but I'll have to try it out later. Too many deadlines with work right now...

aa

Trust me.... I understand. Try having deadlines and trying to mod a complete set of mods. ;) I was up till 1:30 last night and am not moving all that fast today.

Ok, I have a situation and hope somebody can shed some light on it. I am using Diaftia's mods and the hacked ezrider with the newest maps. Here is the dilemma: I go to seach by POI around GPS (or other options) and I will type in "Burger King." In the past it showed many locations near and far for just Burger King, but now all I get with every search is the listing of every business out there from near to far. Something has happened since the ezrider and new maps have been installed. Any thoughts?

Ok, I have a situation and hope somebody can shed some light on it. I am using Diaftia's mods and the hacked ezrider with the newest maps. Here is the dilemma: I go to seach by POI around GPS (or other options) and I will type in "Burger King." In the past it showed many locations near and far for just Burger King, but now all I get with every search is the listing of every business out there from near to far. Something has happened since the ezrider and new maps have been installed. Any thoughts?

I had this too. I search for a restaurant in Redmond, WA and I had the name, but it gave me a list of stuff without that search criteria as far away as Los Angeles. I finally gave up and used Google-411 and got the address and manually put it in.

I had this too. I search for a restaurant in Redmond, WA and I had the name, but it gave me a list of stuff without that search criteria as far away as Los Angeles. I finally gave up and used Google-411 and got the address and manually put it in.

So if you use the blanket search from the quick menu its going to search everywhere in a large diameter since its not given any constraints. If you go to the route plan screen and start a search from there it will be focused around whatever criteria you select (GPS, Destination, etc).

This will be cleaned up in the new version to hopefully be made clearer.

Hmmm, correct me if I am wrong, is that dial button a direct link for the phone?

Two of the pictures are labeled speedometer, I believe the dial button cis linked to the first speedometer picture.

Yeah, IDT already told me that he has problems linking the phone to the NAV, I was just hoping that it was figured out.

It doesnt matter anyways because I cannot get this mod to work with DPHursts schemes. All is fine and then I hit the NAV button, and the system just reboots.

I had asked before if you could tell me what schemes are not working or what the most popular ones are since I don't use them all that often. I would be happy to look into what is not working and try to make it so it does.

So if you use the blanket search from the quick menu its going to search everywhere in a large diameter since its not given any constraints. If you go to the route plan screen and start a search from there it will be focused around whatever criteria you select (GPS, Destination, etc).

Hi Alex,

I think the intention of searching in a wider area is good. But it returns all listing including those not matching with the searching criteria is bad.

Hi Alex,

I think the intention of searching in a wider area is good. But it returns all listing including those not matching with the searching criteria is bad.

So you are saying, for example, that if you do a search for plumber it will come back with returns for everything including book stores?

Hi Alex,

So you are saying, for example, that if you do a search for plumber it will come back with returns for everything including book stores?

Yes, sir. That's why I keep saying it "lists" all the POI instead of searching.

I had asked before if you could tell me what schemes are not working or what the most popular ones are since I don't use them all that often. I would be happy to look into what is not working and try to make it so it does.

thanks, I think that it may be another problem. I will have to do some testing when i am off and find out exactly what the problem is. What scheme is the default in your mod? I do have a question though, what is the dial button? is it for the dial pad of the phone? and another question, are there house numbers displayed in this mod?

I really think this should be a mod fork, as it has a pretty different look. I really dislike all the transparency. I love all the new features but I'm sticking with the previous mod because of the look. It's really what brought me here in the first place. Thanks for making the version I'm using so great before changing the look, Alex, you did a fantastic job.

FF

Agreed.

Was not able to get out to test the MSN version today, Alex. Hopefully someone else was able too.

Fixed. Newest version allows the user to toggle between transparent and the old solid backgrounds.

Speaking of... I need some testers. Too much in this release to do myself. I would call on the old ones but had to clean out my PM box. :-/