AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V1 - UPDATED: 12/1/09 FINAL

Rob-

I don't get it man. You are having problems with areas I have not touched. Well, bypass no, text yes. I am going to ask this only because you are talking about code that was not changed. Did you run a mod in between and delete your save files? Actually do it anyway this time in your case even in between versions. Also, bring up the speedometer and let me know if that screen is doing it too.

Do you have a 700?

Didnt/Dont run any mods other then this one. And deleted all save files(sans favorites). What I did was completely reloaded my original My Flash Disc. Added the newest maps, ezrider and license files(guess this would be considered a mod but you had told me they would work with your mod). Then DL'ed your latest mod version and added it. Deleted the save files. Then rebooted.

I'll check the Speedo and see what happens next time i get a chance. And yes, its the 700Bt.

Thanks

Interesting... I have some reports from a friend that his 700BT is doing this thing where its supposed to have an "EXIT 71" for an exit sign for example in the shielded text and it just colors it in.

Tell me this... when you upgraded to 3.0 did you do the Pioneer update to 3.0.1?

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, I did the legal, ordered from Pioneer update.

Ok, took a drive, opened a hole can of worms. First, I'm guessing because the bypass doesnt work, i cant use ANY on-screen "buttons" to change any settings(the dropdown menu, view mode( 3D 2D etc ) or anything else). So i pulled over in a parking lot. Put the brake on and changed to the speedo screen to test that. White square still appears on that screen where the road name should be. Sometimes its not there, sometimes it only covers half the road name, sometimes its nothing but a white box. Depends.

Think thats about all. I'll post more if I forgot something.

Rob

Yes, I did the legal, ordered from Pioneer update.

Ok, took a drive, opened a hole can of worms. First, I'm guessing because the bypass doesnt work, i cant use ANY on-screen "buttons" to change any settings(the dropdown menu, view mode( 3D 2D etc ) or anything else). So i pulled over in a parking lot. Put the brake on and changed to the speedo screen to test that. White square still appears on that screen where the road name should be. Sometimes its not there, sometimes it only covers half the road name, sometimes its nothing but a white box. Depends.

Think thats about all. I'll post more if I forgot something.

Rob

Its so odd... I just checked and the proper value is in there:

[pioneer]

parking_break_speed=256.0

I am going to have to look into this more. Not sure what to do about it if the parameter is in there and your unit is choosing to ignore it. Maybe some other 700 users can chime in and let me know if they are having this problem?

Can you verify that the correct model is in the sys.txt and that you have TestMode in the Regional Settings OFF?

Does it look like this (top and bottom):

file.php?id=8554&t=1

Just chiming in as a 700 owner.

It's working fine for me (except one thing I'll mention below). I can do anything while driving, no white spaces.

For my system, I did put the "pre-release" 3.0 on. I have since purchased the Pioneer version but have not put it on yet. Just not sure I want to take a chance on messing with things, since it is working now.

The one thing that I have noticed, as someone else said, is that the speed cameras are a ways off. From the looks of it so far, they are all to the east of where they should be. Several hundred yards, putting some of them in unlikely places.

aa

It's working fine for me (except one thing I'll mention below). I can do anything while driving, no white spaces.

For my system, I did put the "pre-release" 3.0 on. I have since purchased the Pioneer version but have not put it on yet. Just not sure I want to take a chance on messing with things, since it is working now.

The one thing that I have noticed, as someone else said, is that the speed cameras are a ways off. From the looks of it so far, they are all to the east of where they should be. Several hundred yards, putting some of them in unlikely places.

aa

Can you verify two things?

1. Testmode is off

2. Sys.txt is set correctly

Also, are you using the non-msn version?

aa

Can you verify two things?

1. Testmode is off

2. Sys.txt is set correctly

Also, are you using the non-msn version?

Non-msn version.

Testmode is off.

What should I check in sys.txt?

aa

Non-msn version.

Testmode is off.

aa

Device ID in sys.txt

Rob/Andy-

Are you using the ezrider that is modded for elevation or the standard ezrider or standard hacked ezrider?

Can you try the MSN version and see if it fixes either of these things? I am wondering if something went screwy in the zipping process. It has happened before.

Thanks,

Alex

Hey Alex,

It it possible to change the default zoom level? I changed: defaultzoom2d=1000 to 2000 on the sys file but I did not notice a difference. Also, I noticed in 2d mode the arrow goes from center to bottom center when a freeway sign pops up. Any way to keep the arrow at center?

Thanks,

Bryan

Hey Alex,

It it possible to change the default zoom level? I changed: defaultzoom2d=1000 to 2000 on the sys file but I did not notice a difference. Also, I noticed in 2d mode the arrow goes from center to bottom center when a freeway sign pops up. Any way to keep the arrow at center?

Thanks,

Bryan

As far as I know that is all done in the sys.txt. I cant say that I have messed with those settings all that much. Just do some searching. I am sure there are several threads on it. If all else fails you can turn smartzoom off and it should stay at whatever elevation you choose.

I was able to replicate the problem with the signposts. I will take a look at it. Thanks for finding it. I cant say I ever use that version of the 2D map so I appreciate it. As a workaround you can turn signposts off to keep them from coming up and throwing the map off until I fix it.

Non-msn version.

Testmode is off.

aa

Device ID in sys.txt

Rob/Andy-

Are you using the ezrider that is modded for elevation or the standard ezrider or standard hacked ezrider?

Can you try the MSN version and see if it fixes either of these things? I am wondering if something went screwy in the zipping process. It has happened before.

Thanks,

Alex

I'm using the ezrider that was hacked for elevation and for maps. However, the cameras were off before I put that on.

I did get the MSN version on, but haven't gone anywhere yet. I'll be going out in a couple of hours so will see how that works.

Andy

Hey Alex,

Thanks,

Bryan

As far as I know that is all done in the sys.txt. I cant say that I have messed with those settings all that much. Just do some searching. I am sure there are several threads on it. If all else fails you can turn smartzoom off and it should stay at whatever elevation you choose.

I was able to replicate the problem with the signposts. I will take a look at it. Thanks for finding it. I cant say I ever use that version of the 2D map so I appreciate it. As a workaround you can turn signposts off to keep them from coming up and throwing the map off until I fix it.

Thanks for looking into it. One more question. Is is possible to remove the speed camera icons from the map. No speed cameras where I live, it just points out traffic cameras. I did disable the warning and stuff but the icon is still there. Thanks for your help.

I really think this should be a mod fork, as it has a pretty different look. I really dislike all the transparency. I love all the new features but I'm sticking with the previous mod because of the look. It's really what brought me here in the first place. Thanks for making the version I'm using so great before changing the look, Alex, you did a fantastic job.

FF

I really think this should be a mod fork, as it has a pretty different look. I really dislike all the transparency. I love all the new features but I'm sticking with the previous mod because of the look. It's really what brought me here in the first place. Thanks for making the version I'm using so great before changing the look, Alex, you did a fantastic job.

FF

Agreed.

Was not able to get out to test the MSN version today, Alex. Hopefully someone else was able too.