AVIC411.com

3.0 Retail, Official, Legit install experience

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I received my update today and was about to load it when I saw on another thread that the pass word generator was down and may not be up for a couple of days. So my question is will the unit work after the first disk of the update or do you have to complete the whole update before the unit can be used?

I, too, am getting hit with:

Input device number is not correct.

(Error Code: 1)

I've already installed SD Card #1, and things seem to be working fine as is. I am still pissed that I'm unable to get an unlock code... I guess that I'll also have to wait until Monday for Tech Support to open again...

I too am getting the Invalid Device Code problem. I have a 0 in mine as well. The worst part is that it took UPS all day to get mine delivered. It was out for delivery at 7:30 AM this morning and usually they by 1:00 PM or so, but not today. They didn't get it here until 6:30 PM... way after the tech support office closed. Looks like I too am going to have to wait until Monday to get it straightened out. I can't believe after all this waiting for a legit update that something so simple as a password generator would be the problem. So frustrating!!!

BK

Is everyone's device code the same or is it your serial number or something?

My device code is: A085F0420EADE1ED

The interesting thing is that it actually forces you to put that code in under the *************** so you can't even see what you put in. Brilliant. I guess they are afraid someone will look in your back window and copy down that long ass string of numbers and put it in their unit? I mean wtf.

Anybody wanna sell me their copy? D12dirtydozen@verizon.net

Cant sell it to you. You will not be able to install it. Once you put in the codes and have Pioneers web site generate your key that media code for the sd cards are now locked to the unit code that the original person provided to pioneer. Now if you can hack it more power to ya.

I wonder how many times people are going to ask this. Awesome way to get burned. Its well worth the 70 dollars, granted I haven't seen any difference thus far from the x series 3.0.

Best bet is to just grab a copy of that call it a day rather then beg someone for their sd card that is locked down.

I it was faster and easier anyway to just drag and drop the x series files after formatting the drive. Everything was just done in one shot. None of this lets put in multiple sd cards, update the software twice, and install the map update software. Not to mention deal with the activation server.

Way to encourage going legit Pioneer, especially when there are ways around it that people just don' tknow about.

Anybody wanna sell me their copy? D12dirtydozen@verizon.net

Cant sell it to you. You will not be able to install it. Once you put in the codes and have Pioneers web site generate your key that media code for the sd cards are now locked to the unit code that the original person provided to pioneer. Now if you can hack it more power to ya.

I wonder how many times people are going to ask this. Awesome way to get burned. Its well worth the 70 dollars, granted I haven't seen any difference thus far from the x series 3.0.

Best bet is to just grab a copy of that call it a day rather then beg someone for their sd card that is locked down.

I it was faster and easier anyway to just drag and drop the x series files after formatting the drive. Everything was just done in one shot. None of this lets put in multiple sd cards, update the software twice, and install the map update software. Not to mention deal with the activation server.

Way to encourage going legit Pioneer, especially when there are ways around it that people just don' tknow about.

I wonder how many times he is going to ask the same question before he realizes he is being a moron.

Actually I don't see why someone can't upload the content of SD disk 1 for others to download. There's no passwords until you install the second disk.

I just put mine in and it updated just fine but now I'm stuck on that damn incorrect disk error thing :x

Looks like disk 1 may just be the bug fixes and wince upgrade but not positive and it only changes the version number to 2.1 not 3 but anyone should be able to use it.

Hi,

I got this error too when trying to get the password this morning.

The Pioneer website returns "Error Code 1. Input Device Number is not correct" .

There is no explaination of the error code.

I am entered exactly the device code my F90BT unit is reporting with all letters in CAPS.

Sti Robot: I put the update on over Maverickster's mods without reverting back to original 2.0. As far as I can tell, the second SD card replaces the old data.zip file completely. I then replaced the new 3.0 data.zip with ulmer's updated version of Maverickster's mods located in this forum on a thread in the mod section. Worked flawlessly.