AVIC411.com

Password Generator Site Down?

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too - another fine feather in Pioneer's cap. What a POS.

ummm, how is it their falt that they had an earthquake where there servers are located. I mean really guys, there are some things you just have to not blame on them as being their fook up.

Are you crazy! if an earthquake was the problem then you would not even get the page to input the codes to begin with!! This is just typical Pioneer bull sh*t! I will never never buy a pioneer product again. It is getting time to start a class action suit.

Are you crazy! if an earthquake was the problem then you would not even get the page to input the codes to begin with!! This is just typical Pioneer bull sh*t! I will never never buy a pioneer product again. It is getting time to start a class action suit.

Go right ahead, file your suit, and make those lawyers lots of money, since it will never get you or any other consumer any benefit. And feel free to never buy anything Pioneer makes again, we won't miss ya..

Stuff happens, servers crash, processes don't always work the way we want, be a grown up and just wait it out instead of it all being about "me me me me" and "now now now now" it's the real world, we're not all winners, and we don't always get ice cream, and occasionally we buy something that later on we decide we don't like.

Me too - another fine feather in Pioneer's cap. What a POS.

ummm, how is it their falt that they had an earthquake where there servers are located. I mean really guys, there are some things you just have to not blame on them as being their fook up.

Are you crazy! if an earthquake was the problem then you would not even get the page to input the codes to begin with!! This is just typical Pioneer bull sh*t! I will never never buy a pioneer product again.

Exactly. From a technical perspective, layers 1-7 of the OSI model all have full connectivity. If the earthquake really took down the server you wouldn't even be able to ping it, much less pull up a full web page that says you have an invalid device number.

Earthquake = not related to this outage by any stretch of the imagination.

If i paid for a service, i should have full access to that service. You can file a complaint with the BBB or some consumer advocate agency, but this is getting to be rediculous. This is the same instance of going to restaurant. They screw you over; they must compensate you, its calle best business practices.

Web pages don't necessarily have anything to do with the systems they're displaying, they can be on opposite sides of the world for all we know.

That being said IF the earthquakes brought everything down and they really had no DR plan in place then that's just stupid.

The worst part about this is v2.10 sucks! My unit now has crippling issues. The graphics driver is not refreshing the screen and playing MP3's from an SD card is painful. There is a one minute or so pause between every song and the ID3 titles don't update unless I push a function to force a refresh.

So in short to those of you that have not started the process yet. Wait until the server comes back up so you won't be stuck using 2.10.

Are you crazy! if an earthquake was the problem then you would not even get the page to input the codes to begin with!! This is just typical Pioneer bull sh*t! I will never never buy a pioneer product again.

Exactly. From a technical perspective, layers 1-7 of the OSI model all have full connectivity. If the earthquake really took down the server you wouldn't even be able to ping it, much less pull up a full web page that says you have an invalid device number.

Earthquake = not related to this outage by any stretch of the imagination.

This is not necc true. Just because the website that is hosted on US soil is giving us a page. A backend datasource that could be anywhere in the world(Japan?) could be offlined.

The fact that there is not backup to that datasource is just poor design. It is horrible design to have an application querying data from all of the way around the world. It is so easy to replicate data and have it available in multiple locations.

This is not necc true. Just because the website that is hosted on US soil is giving us a page. A backend datasource that could be anywhere in the world(Japan?) could be offlined.

The fact that there is not backup to that datasource is just poor design. It is horrible design to have an application querying data from all of the way around the world. It is so easy to replicate data and have it available in multiple locations.

Amen... this is just extremely poor design. It looks like the frontend website simply checks for formatting before calling the database (in Japan)... Definitely looks like it was rushed together without a lot of planning - probably by the same group that wrote the original version of the F-series O/S :shock:

The worst part about this is v2.10 sucks! My unit now has crippling issues. The graphics driver is not refreshing the screen and playing MP3's from an SD card is painful. There is a one minute or so pause between every song and the ID3 titles don't update unless I push a function to force a refresh.

So in short to those of you that have not started the process yet. Wait until the server comes back up so you won't be stuck using 2.10.

+1 if you haven't started, DON'T