AVIC411.com

CNDV-90MT are NOW POSTED

I would like to thank everyone for all the informative info. After taking 6 days to get the file from mininova. Extracting this whopping 8gig ISO to a folder, I tried burning the ISO on my IBM Thinkpad t60 with Roxio Easy CD Creator 2010. All I got was errors, I tried Nero and got the same thing. I went to my trusty Mac Pro and tried to use Disk Utility and got the same errors like windows. I finally got it to burn under Apple Roxio TOAST 10. I burned it as image file, it took about 45 minutes and completed without any problems. I used MEMOREX DVD DL 2.4X from Fry's. I hope this helps anyone that's trying to burn this big image. :D

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would like to thank everyone for all the informative info. After taking 6 days to get the file from mininova. Extracting this whopping 8gig ISO to a folder, I tried burning the ISO on my IBM Thinkpad t60 with Roxio Easy CD Creator 2010. All I got was errors, I tried Nero and got the same thing. I went to my trusty Mac Pro and tried to use Disk Utility and got the same errors like windows. I finally got it to burn under Apple Roxio TOAST 10. I burned it as image file, it took about 45 minutes and completed without any problems. I used MEMOREX DVD DL 2.4X from Fry's. I hope this helps anyone that's trying to burn this big image. :D

Yeah, it can be a PITA sometimes. I had a hard time with last years update, getting the right combination. This years i used the same program and discs and everything went great.

Why do they say that these ISO images should be burned @ 2.4X..? I burned them @ 8X to Verbatim DVD+R DL discs and they are working just fine.

All depends on the disks you are using and there rated speed.....

If the disk is rated at 8x then burn at 8x

There a reason they put the spec on the disks :D

Sorry for stealing your text.. it's just that I'm always burning everything at MAX speed and having absolutely NO problems. This kind of information just makes me wonder that why slower speed is some how better...

No offence, just curious :)

And thank you for your upload!

Sorry for stealing your text.. it's just that I'm always burning everything at MAX speed and having absolutely NO problems. This kind of information just makes me wonder that why slower speed is some how better...

No offence, just curious :)

And thank you for your upload!

The only reason i say burn at the slowest rated speed is you will have more success and less coasters.

I do this for a living . But if its working for you that's fine.. you will find over time what works best for you and the equipment you have..so stick with it !!

PS everybody has an opinion :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

SWDW, you the man!! I got the DVDs in no time and it looks so GOOD!! I can't believe how good they look!!!! :D

Also it runs great!!! The XM channels now show the right labels and I can use POI search again(Didn't work on my D2 when I upgrade to 2008)

Here are some pictures I took with my Phone to show how Great they look!! :mrgreen:

IMAGE_097.jpg

IMAGE_096.jpg

IMAGE_098.jpg

IMAGE_099.jpg

IMAGE_100.jpg

IMAGE_102.jpg

IMAGE_103.jpg

Mike, thank you!!