How To: Complete TA 2009.6 Map Upgrade Guide - Please Sticky

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 rwelzel

rwelzel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 06:08 AM

Is there any other sources for the updated maps? I downloaded all 16 files and got a CRC error message. After double checking the password I figure I must have a corrupted file. I am not waiting 45 seconds and typing a code for each downloaded file again. Comcast also has no news server, so I can't use the nzb file. (edit -- I did try downloading the part 1 file again (and from another source), but get the same error, so either the password is wrong or maybe a corrupt file has replicated through the file sharing sites??)

This forum is great and I really appreciate the effort put forth by those who contribute (thanks LTDan), but these download sites are retarded. I don't do that kind of stuff often enough to justify a membership, and since one such site I signed up for years ago kept charging my credit card for over a year with me calling them month after month to cancel, I just don't bother with them anymore.

Enough whinning, though, is there another source of the maps, or perhaps a torrent?

Alternatively, can I buy upgraded maps from IGO8 or Pioneer? I saw that Pioneer has updates, but since I did the 3.0 upgrade on my F900BT, would I have to order the maps for an X910BT?

Thanks

#47 cigga24

cigga24

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 04 February 2010 - 01:35 PM

Is there any other sources for the updated maps? I downloaded all 16 files and got a CRC error
Enough whinning, though, is there another source of the maps, or perhaps a torrent?

Alternatively, can I buy upgraded maps from IGO8 or Pioneer? I saw that Pioneer has updates, but since I did the 3.0 upgrade on my F900BT, would I have to order the maps for an X910BT?

Thanks

Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality. Did you make sure the password was CAPS?
Avic F900BT fw:3.0 w/ 8GB SDHC (Diaftia 3.4, 2010.6 maps)
HD Radio, XM and 30gb iPod for movies

#48 rwelzel

rwelzel
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:39 PM

Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality. Did you make sure the password was CAPS?

You are a hero; it was the caps issue; it seemed like a password thing, can't believe I missed the "in all caps."

Thanks

#49 zach5555

zach5555
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 11:03 PM

Hi, i have the X910bt, i have made a backup of my maps and am ready to copy the new ones. Do the names of the files have to be the same? Because the ones that are on the x910bt right now are called, for example: USA_Indiana.fbl and the ones from the download are called, for example: USA_Indiana83TA_2009.06_090710.fbl
I just dont want to mess anything up

Oh yeah, before i forget, does anyone have the modified samantha tts files that dont make samantha sound so robotic?
Thanks,
Zach

#50 sajin

sajin

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 17 February 2010 - 05:25 AM

Hi, i have the X910bt, i have made a backup of my maps and am ready to copy the new ones. Do the names of the files have to be the same? Because the ones that are on the x910bt right now are called, for example: USA_Indiana.fbl and the ones from the download are called, for example: USA_Indiana83TA_2009.06_090710.fbl
I just dont want to mess anything up

Oh yeah, before i forget, does anyone have the modified samantha tts files that dont make samantha sound so robotic?
Thanks,
Zach

^^^ what he said

#51 m5james

m5james

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationEdmonds, WA to Alexandria, VA - Currently Mill Creek, WA

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

FYI for those who haven't done this yet. Apparently the rapidshare.de site is going to close it's server on the 1st of March.

To the OP, I see more than 16 rar files, some seem to have the same names. I hopeI'm downloading the correct ones.
282hp 01 X5 4.4i - pre-VANOS intake manifold
F90BT running FX3.1, Kicker L5 8" in modified stock .60 enclosure, hardwired V1

325hp 98 740iL converted to ///M5 6spd - tweaked a lot
340hp 91 ///M5 - tweaked a little
135hp 01 TL1000R - tweaked a lot

#52 sajin

sajin

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

i'm also curious if i should replace the POI files from the 400 meg file listed there on the site... any one do it? or just the maps?

#53 swissmike

swissmike
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hi Guys

I'm looking for the 2009.06 Europe Maps.

Anyone can help me please?

Greetings from the Swiss Alps
Mike

#54 dewitteman

dewitteman
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 06:29 PM

Hi, everything is working fine.
But I live in Europe.
which one of you can give me a link to the Western Europa maps?

#55 shleppy

shleppy

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

Bummer.. the link to download the newez4avic.zip file no longer works. Anyone know of a different source for this file? (Edit).. The link is back up.. hooray!!

Although that link is up.. it looks like the password for unzipping the .rar files is hit and miss. I tried to unzip the "83_Cont_USA_2009.06_TA.part01.rar" file and it errors out half way through the uznip. The password is initially accepted (and yes.. I typed it in all caps), and the date uncompresses but after about 10 seconds when the unzip is almost done I get an error that says.

"CRC field in encrypted file '83_Cont_USA_2009.6_TA\content\dem\NorthAmerica_low_2008_03_25.dem'. Wrong password.

Same problem with the prt02.rar...

#56 PigMan9080

PigMan9080
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 March 2010 - 12:28 PM

Anyone has the link for EZrider? Link seem dead

#57 mikeinnj

mikeinnj

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

Anyone has the link for EZrider? Link seem dead

Here you go, I just upped it to my rapidshare. Along with it are the License files you will need to get new maps to work.

http://rapidshare.co...651/EZRIDER.zip

#58 UllSang

UllSang
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:24 PM

When i try to download the 16 files from the link it says the files are unavailable, anyone have a copy I can get?

#59 Chuck88

Chuck88

Established Member

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:25 PM

Dude i think this is the only way, I did see another post about navteq maps but i think you lose the highway signs functionality.

Hmmmm... I live in Canada, and the Navtea maps does provide highway signs, but the TA map doesn't.

Are you from the States?
Chuck88
---------
Enjoy every bit of life but don’t take it too seriously, because you won’t make out of it alive anyway!

#60 cigga24

cigga24

• Members
  • 219 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 08 April 2010 - 03:31 PM

yes
Avic F900BT fw:3.0 w/ 8GB SDHC (Diaftia 3.4, 2010.6 maps)
HD Radio, XM and 30gb iPod for movies

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users