AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Just want to say this mod is awesome. I was wondering if there is anyway when you do your next update if you could add a signal and battery meter to the home screen for bluetooth connected phones. I had it it on a Pioneer CD player i had and i liked it. Figured everybody else would like that to. Thanks in advance if you can make it happen.

I would love to but there is no way to do that at this point. Those are all pioneer based polls for information. The only real thing known at this point is the BT status. If we figure it out I would be happy to add it as I think it would be useful.

Has anyone asked for the speed warning scale to be changed form percentages to actual mph over the speed limit? How about on city streets vs highways?

Where I live, drivers regularly drive 9 - 14 mph over the speed limit on the highway, but i'd like to be warned differently if I'm say 4 mph over the speed limit in the city.

Just a thought....

Hmmm... I will look into it. I see your point. 10% of 65MPH is 6.5 MPH but still. Sucks to have to do math.

I believe the streets and street names are done through the mapping software, in this case Teleatlas. We can't change that

That is correct. Your only option here is to use a hacked ezrider.exe and use navteq maps. Either that or contact Teleatlas and put in for a change.

Larger nav text on left.

How do we enable the larger text on the left. I have a 700bt if that makes any difference. Also i am not getting the mute and cancel nav buttons on the navigation screen like shown.

Great mods by the way.

I think you need to delete your save files. Either that or you are in full screen cockpit mode.

Larger text is enabled by default. This is the old:

And this is the new:

post-26802-12872760909659_thumb.jpg

post-26802-1287276091547_thumb.jpg

Larger nav text on left.

How do we enable the larger text on the left. I have a 700bt if that makes any difference. Also i am not getting the mute and cancel nav buttons on the navigation screen like shown.

Great mods by the way.

I think you need to delete your save files. Either that or you are in full screen cockpit mode.

Larger text is enabled by default. This is the old:

[attachment=1]IMG_0343.JPG[/attachment]

And this is the new:

Ok .. i had full screen cockpit enabled haha. So i got that figured out. My next question is more of a functionality question than a question about your mod but how to do you lock it down to the low level view like show in the pictures. I found that clicking on the compass switches the view around but it never stays there. Also whenever i have it locked on the car it goes to a top down view. (ive only had this a few days so if this is a dumb question im sorry) Thanks

Has anyone asked for the speed warning scale to be changed form percentages to actual mph over the speed limit? How about on city streets vs highways?

Where I live, drivers regularly drive 9 - 14 mph over the speed limit on the highway, but i'd like to be warned differently if I'm say 4 mph over the speed limit in the city.

Just a thought....

Thanks for the donation BigLou! Always appreciated. :)

To answer your question no I dont really have a document of hidden features. I can try to put something together now though. ;)

Lets use the picture below as a reference.

1. Touching the next street while navigating will repeat the last voice prompt in your route.

2. Touching the "Your Speed" sign will bring up the speedo

3. Long pressing the your speed sign will bring up the cruise dial.

4. Touching the Bluetooth icon will dial the number you have programmed in as a home #.

5. Touching the big direction icon will bring up the route avoid screen.

6. Touching the secondary direction icon will bring up the route details screen.

7. Touching the time to destination will switch it between time to destination and time at destination. This will pass on to the speedometer screen and be saved when rebooting.

8. Touching the speed limit sign when up will allow you to add a speedcam in the current GPS location.

9. Touching the time at the top of the screen brings up the trip computer.

Not too many hidden features in my mods. The quick menu makes it so that everything is pretty much out in the open. :)

Hope this helps.

post-26802-1287276092185_thumb.jpg

Just a thought....

Hmmm... I will look into it. I see your point. 10% of 65MPH is 6.5 MPH but still. Sucks to have to do math.

NM - found it under alerts. Just had to keep playing.

Great MOD btw. Sent you a little something.

Just a thought....

NM - found it under alerts. Just had to keep playing.

Great MOD btw. Sent you a little something.

Sorry I misunderstood your question. Yes it will alert you based on speed over the speedlimit. ;)

Thanks again for the donation! Quick hint guide above.

Diaftia, I would sincerely like to thank you for all your contributions.My 900bt is so much better than the unit i purchased, thanks to you. I have a queston and i hope it worthy but i have read all your posts and can not find the answer. I probably missed it but i have loaded every update of yours since December 01 and i never get clouds. i get the sky but no moon or clouds when i pan? Any simple answer? sorry if to noob but i just cant' get it. i had it with a different mod but i cant get it to work with yous. thanks for any help and i will test anything you need tested. i would really like to learn from you if you are willing to mentor. if not thanks for all your contributions. you absolutely are the man as far as i am concerned.

Diaftia, I would sincerely like to thank you for all your contributions.My 900bt is so much better than the unit i purchased, thanks to you. I have a queston and i hope it worthy but i have read all your posts and can not find the answer. I probably missed it but i have loaded every update of yours since December 01 and i never get clouds. i get the sky but no moon or clouds when i pan? Any simple answer? sorry if to noob but i just cant' get it. i had it with a different mod but i cant get it to work with yous. thanks for any help and i will test anything you need tested. i would really like to learn from you if you are willing to mentor. if not thanks for all your contributions. you absolutely are the man as far as i am concerned.

Thanks for the kind words man. I appreciate it. I am always willing to help out whenever possible.

When you say you don't get clouds, do you mean as in the picture I posted a few posts above? I think I know what you are talking about. You can do 1 of 2 things. Either go into the smart zoom settings and adjust the tilt parameters to the far right, or turn off smart zoom and touch the screen to bring up the 3d controls. Tilt the setting to where you like it. With smartzoom off it will save it where you leave it. I personally like smartzoom so i would just adjust the sliders to the far right.

Damn, I didn't even know that there was 'smart zoom settings'. I have usually just shut 'smart zoom' off. I will look for them and play around as I would like smart zoom, but also want the sky more

I will try to add this to the FAQ today. :)