AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

Hi gays, I'm in touch with a polish gay that said he manage to use mapchanger on the AVIC with additional maps stored on the external USB or SD card. I sent him here to tell us more on the topic, however he is not interested in community sharing of his mod. I'm thinking of buying it so maybe I be able to help.

Interesting is also that he said he manage to install and start MIO Pocket with full integration of avic (eg: radio, phone is working).

I am looking at getting some of those half patches into my mods. Wish they were in there before I integrated all this stuff in by hand in the past. ;)

I can see how the map changer is useful but I wonder about the storage aspect. I guess the maps have to be loaded onto a flashdrive since there is no space available on the AVIC.

The road block stuff is in there already (or at least something similar). Its in the route menu.

To be honest I am taking a little break from coding for a bit. I will get back to it I just need to make sure I balance what I am doing on here for free with my real job (that pays the mortgage) and family life. I have been full steam ahead on this stuff for a while and have to tend to some stuff.

I am having a strange issue with the latest version. Occasionally when the unit turns on it shows the loading screen (like it normally does), the XM screen appears then it flashes back to the booting screen for a second or two and the screen goes blank. Usually, if I wait long enough the destination menu of the gps shows up, except it shows an MSN Direct button (I have the version w/o MSN). If I click the screen it selects something on the XM screen.

At this point, either I can just press the back button and everything is ok, other times it stays on the XM screen with the top bar missing and I can't switch to anything else (I can control the XM though). The only solution is a reboot.

WTH is going on? I don't even know if it was this latest update or if it has to do with the XM addon I just purchased. Also, when I select destination normally the MSN direct doesn't show up.

post-30287-12872760978883_thumb.jpg

This looks amazing. New on this, installed a few hacks on my F500 (V3.0 stock) but will use this one when the new EU TMC version is there. Quetion I have, in plan mode you show a number of options to calculate the route (fastest, economic etc) Is there a mode that looks at traffic jams or are these the standard modes in the pioneer/Igo app.

What annoys me using the pioneer compared to other nav programms is, that there is no choice to manually confirm or cancel the reroute/recalculation because of traffic.

I would very much want to be able to decide myself at the time a traiic congestion is announced for a reroute, or to cancel the reroute and continue the original calculation (without traffic jam).

Opening a window like plan mode and having there an option to calculate the route around the traffic would solve my issue.

Hmmm interesting theory. I agree sometimes you are on a route and it would just recalculate and not tell you what changed. I will have to think about this. Its no small amount of coding to accomplish.

FYI the only way to go in and look at traffic jams is to go into the MSN Traffic screen.

Thinking about what would be a use case that would not require much work but what would help the end user.

I have a european model so not the msn list but the tmc list, Which does not make a difference with regard to functionality. What I did (original screen) was I created a direct button to the TMC list.

Now if I look at e.g. Navigon, how it works there: you see the traffic jams on your route, then there is a button beside each jam indicating if it is avoided or not, pressing the button means a recalculation.

Also you want to have a manual option showing a pop-up on the screen that there is a traffic congestion with the question whether or not to avoid it.

That is how it should work I guess.

Well what would help initially is to have 1 button on the Traffic MSN/TMC screen that says recalc with avoiding (all)jams or recalc without avoiding.

For this you could use the general Traffic setting. Just toggle this value with the button on the tmc list. What do you think? Is this is hard to realize? Would it be of generic value?

To me combined with the direct access to the Traffic list from the map this would work

If you have ideas how to..feel free to share them, If I find time I might fool around with it a bit

Alex -

Still enjoying this latest set of mods. One thing that my old factory GPS used to do that I'd like to see on the F90BT is what happens if I don't hit any buttons during the boot sequence. In other words, if I didn't hit okay on the nag screen within 60 seconds, it would switch to a screensaver (clock). If I wanted to navigate, I'd touch the screen, and it'd bring me back to the nag screen.

Think this is do-able? Especially cool with MSN Direct running...

That screen (to hit OK at the prompt) is a function of the commonlib.dll. You can see carvers thread on how to remove that nag screen altogether. If its removed via editing the code in that binary I am sure the redirect would be part of it too. I loaded his stuff and it always goes to the last screen I used. In my case usually the map.

Alex -

Tried copying the commonlib.dll from carver, and still get a nag screen. Tried it by itself and with the two other files. What location did you download the files from? Any suggestions as to what I may be doing differently?

In the mods - the zip file is copied; does this mean that each time the F900BT starts up it unzips these data zip files?

I have the EU version but even though the speed mod says 128 in the zip it doesnt seem to operate.

Can I look on the flash and if so what is the full path to check if it - is it unzipped somewhere.

Hey Diaftia,

I like that new Version 2 very much, but there is one thing I don't like and that is the yellow font of the marked areas!

How (where) can I change that colour?

I tried to change the colour in the navigatemap_800_480.ui, but I guess I did something wrong, because it did not chance on my device!?

EDIT 01/21/10 - 03:35 AM:

I guess I found, what I did wrong (but i won't say)!! :?:lol:

I will try it out and post my result!

Changed the colour from FFF40 to E8E8E8 by the way!

EDIT 01/21/10 - 04:03 PM:

Just ignore my question, I found my mistake!

Everything works fine with changing the font colour!

post-37313-12872760988023_thumb.jpg

I have searched and I must be missing it. My unit does not tell me left or right for the location when reached, nor does it mention street names in the directions. I am using all components that you have included with the mode including the voice you supplied. If no than my quesion is answered but if yes...why is mine not working... Everything that I have discoverd about your mod works perfect. Let me know your thouthts...

Thanks

I am having a strange issue with the latest version. Occasionally when the unit turns on it shows the loading screen (like it normally does), the XM screen appears then it flashes back to the booting screen for a second or two and the screen goes blank. Usually, if I wait long enough the destination menu of the gps shows up, except it shows an MSN Direct button (I have the version w/o MSN). If I click the screen it selects something on the XM screen.

At this point, either I can just press the back button and everything is ok, other times it stays on the XM screen with the top bar missing and I can't switch to anything else (I can control the XM though). The only solution is a reboot.

WTH is going on? I don't even know if it was this latest update or if it has to do with the XM addon I just purchased. Also, when I select destination normally the MSN direct doesn't show up.

[attachment=0]0118101147.jpg[/attachment]

That is something specific to your unit. Depending on what mods you have done in the past things can start acting weird. If all else fails you can restore to an original config then load my mods again. I would start with deleting the save files and see how it behaves.

Alex -

Still enjoying this latest set of mods. One thing that my old factory GPS used to do that I'd like to see on the F90BT is what happens if I don't hit any buttons during the boot sequence. In other words, if I didn't hit okay on the nag screen within 60 seconds, it would switch to a screensaver (clock). If I wanted to navigate, I'd touch the screen, and it'd bring me back to the nag screen.

Think this is do-able? Especially cool with MSN Direct running...

That screen (to hit OK at the prompt) is a function of the commonlib.dll. You can see carvers thread on how to remove that nag screen altogether. If its removed via editing the code in that binary I am sure the redirect would be part of it too. I loaded his stuff and it always goes to the last screen I used. In my case usually the map.

Alex -

Tried copying the commonlib.dll from carver, and still get a nag screen. Tried it by itself and with the two other files. What location did you download the files from? Any suggestions as to what I may be doing differently?

I used the most recent link in his thread. I believe he has many in there so make sure you pick the newest one.

In the mods - the zip file is copied; does this mean that each time the F900BT starts up it unzips these data zip files?

I have the EU version but even though the speed mod says 128 in the zip it doesnt seem to operate.

Can I look on the flash and if so what is the full path to check if it - is it unzipped somewhere.

No, I believe it just reads inside the zip file which is why when its not zipped in the right format it cant read it.

You need to have the parking brake wire grounded too for the software bypass to work. You are better off doing the hardware bypass though if you need to open it and change it. Makes you immune to all mods if they dont have the separatedsafetymode flags set correctly.

I have searched and I must be missing it. My unit does not tell me left or right for the location when reached, nor does it mention street names in the directions. I am using all components that you have included with the mode including the voice you supplied. If no than my quesion is answered but if yes...why is mine not working... Everything that I have discoverd about your mod works perfect. Let me know your thouthts...

Thanks

Sounds like you are not using the TTS voice but a standard voice. Deleting your save files should set it back to normal but either way go into the voice settings and I bet you have a non-TTS voice selected.