AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

We are all really looking forward to the release of 2.4,but we are just going to have patience.I don't think it's a good idea to push for screen shots,previews etc.I am sure that when the time is right,the relevant info will be provided.Please remember these guys are working for free and for our benefit.The hours that must have been put in must be a big drain on thier private lives,so lets just wait until it's ready.As 34x151 says,it'll be worth the wait :D

Results so for for the Trip Computer changes

Before Mods:

Wait for the GPS to fully lock on before moving : 100% success

Anything other than the above 0% success rate

As my car is almost always parked underground I rarely saw the Trip Computer working

After Mods:

Starting with car outside

Drive off without any pause for the Avic to start 0% success rate

Drive off after Audio starts (GPS not started), 10% success

Drive off after Nav starts (GPS started but not locked on), 25% success

Drive off after Nav starts (GPS started and locked on), 75% success

Drive off after BT connects to phone starts (GPS started but not locked on), 100% success

Starting with car underground (no GPS signal possible)

Drive off without any pause for the Avic to start 0% success rate

Drive off after Audio starts (GPS not started), 0% success

Drive off after Nav starts (GPS started but not locked on), 10% success

Drive off after Nav starts (GPS started and locked on), 50% success

Drive off after BT connects to phone starts (GPS started but not locked on), 100% success

When starting with the car underground the GPS will take a long time to lock on in comparison to starting outside.

The way the mod works so far is, none of the code that uses any of the trip computer functions is allowed to be called before

1. The GPS is locked on and has full accuracy for 30 seconds

2. Once the above has been achieved the speed log is started

3. If the speed log is running and full accuracy is retained for another 30 seconds, the Trip computer is started

4. A message appears to alert you that the Trip Computer has started.

If any of the trip computer functions are called before the trip computer is started you will get the message "trip computer is not ready". This prevents killing the trip computer before the four items above are achieved.

I will keep doing some tweaking to see if I can better these results

Cheers

34by151

We are all really looking forward to the release of 2.4,but we are just going to have patience.I don't think it's a good idea to push for screen shots,previews etc.I am sure that when the time is right,the relevant info will be provided.Please remember these guys are working for free and for our benefit.The hours that must have been put in must be a big drain on thier private lives,so lets just wait until it's ready.As 34x151 says,it'll be worth the wait :D

Absolutely, who cares about the screen shots and just let Daftia finish. He has been doing enough already. These coders are great for this forum and lot of them come and go. We have all been fortunate that people like Daftia, 34by151, IDT Abb1, or Boris, etc... stick around even with so many people nagging. They aren't pioneer where we can bitch to them all day because they suck. These guys have taken our units from crap to awesome. I never even knew how to code at all before this forum and with the patience and help of all these guys, I learned a lot and now I know a lot more than I did. Keep up the good work and I will keep stealing your codes to enhance my unit.

Hey guys/gals---long time lurker here first time poster-- I bought an x910bt and did this mod set to it. When i restart my avic i see some mods are on and some arent. I followed all of the instructions on the first page but cant seem to get one mod (the one i mainly wanted). I want the big clock when my screen is off (the one that shows weather and all that like the picture on page 1) I've done all the files and put them in the right places but i still dont have the big clock. I thought it might be the file i downloaded so i tried both msn links and neither gave me the big clock im after. If anyone can help or advise i'd really appreciate it. I love my new radio so much i find myself out in my car watching my 5.8" screen instead of indoors watching the nice 42" plasma. Just trying to get it custom how i like it, thanks again for any help!

Hey guys/gals---long time lurker here first time poster-- I bought an x910bt and did this mod set to it. When i restart my avic i see some mods are on and some arent. I followed all of the instructions on the first page but cant seem to get one mod (the one i mainly wanted). I want the big clock when my screen is off (the one that shows weather and all that like the picture on page 1) I've done all the files and put them in the right places but i still dont have the big clock. I thought it might be the file i downloaded so i tried both msn links and neither gave me the big clock im after. If anyone can help or advise i'd really appreciate it. I love my new radio so much i find myself out in my car watching my 5.8" screen instead of indoors watching the nice 42" plasma. Just trying to get it custom how i like it, thanks again for any help!

You get that by going into the menu screen, then press 'extras', then hit the 'screen' key. I think thats the procedure, it was a long time since I played with this mod

when i go into the menu screen there is no "extras" click able anywhere. Does this mean something didnt load right? I've done it twice with deleting all saves each time then turning off the car removing the sd and restarting the car.

Is there somewhere i can get only this mod without the large pack? I've tried looking around to find it and it doesnt seem to be anywhere as a standalone. I'm seeming to have difficulties navigating through these forums to find all the "completed" mods

when i go into the menu screen there is no "extras" click able anywhere.

What do you see when you click on the menu button? you should see a menu something like this, even though this one is modified (totally). The 'screen' button is usually in the 'Extras' button, but I moved it out for this particular mod to the main menu.

post-32106-12872762467318_thumb.jpg

yes ABB you are completely correct. I was hitting the physical menu button and not going in through the touch screen menu. After looking over the pictures i realized they were on the map screen before going into the menu so i went outside and tried. Thanks you for your time and support abb! much appreciated.

yes ABB you are completely correct. I was hitting the physical menu button and not going in through the touch screen menu. After looking over the pictures i realized they were on the map screen before going into the menu so i went outside and tried. Thanks you for your time and support abb! much appreciated.

NP :)

Hi Daftia,

I am trying to modify some of the items in your splitscreen mod and things keep disappearing. On top of the speed, the word "speed" doesn't show up and when I try to flip the actual street text and final destination street text, the dash "-" disappears. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

I have been trying to add a delete function to the splitscreen as well and cant get it to work. I tried adding Abb1's code into your files and i keep getting errors for the lines I added from his ui in the common folder. Is there a simple code that you have to add a delete button to the Splitscreen?

Thanks

Yes, that was indeed the case. Thanks for your reply.

One more question - Before this mod, the highway signs for lane guidance used to be dark green and opaque. Now they are lighter shade of green and translucent. Is there a way to switch back to opaque background? Do I need to replace a file?

[attachment=0]Highway-signs.jpg[/attachment]

I installed this and now am a little lost.

I can't see the "Delete Route" and "Mute Navigation" buttons on the Map screen. They were there when I installed this mod, but then I fiddled with the settings and now they are gone and I can't seem to find the option to make them available again.

Also, is there a place where I can find the explanation for all the settings in this mod?

You probably have full screen cockpit turned on. Turn that option off.

Sorry for the delay. Catching up. :)

The new version signs have been placed back to the original solid color. Although in the new version you will be able to choose between big and small signs as well as green or blue depending on what country you are in and what color signs they use.

Hi Daftia,

I am trying to modify some of the items in your splitscreen mod and things keep disappearing. On top of the speed, the word "speed" doesn't show up and when I try to flip the actual street text and final destination street text, the dash "-" disappears. Do you have any idea why this is happening?

I have been trying to add a delete function to the splitscreen as well and cant get it to work. I tried adding Abb1's code into your files and i keep getting errors for the lines I added from his ui in the common folder. Is there a simple code that you have to add a delete button to the Splitscreen?

Thanks

Shouldn't be anything fancy. Sounds like your visiblemodels might be off or you are using black text on a black background. You can try to this for the delete route buttons:

Change the bmp= values to the images you want to use for mute and not muted as well as the x and y values for position.

Hi Daftia,

Thanks

Shouldn't be anything fancy. Sounds like your visiblemodels might be off or you are using black text on a black background. You can try to this for the delete route buttons:

Change the bmp= values to the images you want to use for mute and not muted as well as the x and y values for position.

That looks like the code for mute or unmute which I have working or is that the same for the delete button?