AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V2.3 - UPDATED: 01/14/10

This mod is so detailed yet very easy to use and I don't know how you could improve on it but I'm very anxious to see! Thanks again to Diaftia, 34by151 and everyone on this thread who has pitched in!

Thanks from both of us and from me I can't accept credit for anything in the current release unless you are running the Aussie version that is.

I hope you will like the new one as much we have worked very hard so far to put in just about everything we can think of but at the same time keeping the look and feel as well as the ease of use.

cheers

34by151

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These mods were tested and made on a US based F90BT running 3.01.   I did a lot of coding on this to make additions and adaptations to what was there but the original mods are done by the following

Posted Images

I can confirm

Mapchanger - done

Mutes defaults - done

Tripcomputer to my knowledge, nobody has solved the power up bug other than to wait for the gps to acquire before moving off. The has nothing to do with this or any other mod, it is a fault in the pioneer ezrider.exe. We spent a lot of time attempting to get around the issue without success.

Cheers

34by151

That is great news, thanks!

The mute defaults is mainly annoying since I listen to audio books from my ipod, and when it starts up, and the book resumes, then the GPS starts talking over it. Then I have to wait and rewind to find what I missed.

How does tripcomputer run? seperate exe or .dll?

The trip computer is code in the skin but it relies on code in the exrider.exe.

Ezrider is the pioneer version of the igo map application. This is not the same as the normal exe for igo as it contains code related to hardware in the avic.

The problem is,

If the functions in ezrider relating to the the trip computer are called prior to the gps lock then the trip computer code in ezrider will crash

So you have to wait for the gps to lock on before moving if you want to use the trip computer. In the new release you also have max speed, fulecalc. So both of these are effected.

Fulecalc uses the the distance travelled from the trip computer. Max speed uses the speed while moving data.

Also Autokarta takes data data from Max Speed, Fulelcalc and the route nav code so it has a flow on effect to Autokarta as well.

Early on I worked out i would almost never have the tripcomp for my unit working as my office carpark is underground as is the garage at home. So for me the gps will never acquire before moving

This is why I was looking at stopping the tripcomp being called before the gps locks on. Not a fix for ezrider but a way around it bug. I spent 2 days on this without success before moving on. I still think this bypass can be done to get around the bug but it will not be in the next release. I will go back to it once the new release (version 3.0) is out and with a bit of luck it will be in the the first update (Version 3.1)

If anyone wants to look at it feel free and if solved please let us know as it will be the answer for all skins that have tripcomp.

Cheers

34by151

what about termininating and restarting ezrider once gps lock is established? I also park in a garage at work, and have to drive a bit before exiting.

No that wont work, however I think I have solved it, well at least put in a work around.

Where I got to in testing before was attempting to stop the tripcomp starting if you did not have a full gps lock.

This worked most of the time but sometimes you will notice the gps gains then looses lock a few times before it stays locked on. IE the status goes green then back to yellow then green again

So what I have done for the new version is

1. Tripcomp will not start if the GPS does not have a full lock, As shown in the GPS status as "Accuracy=high"

2. If you try to use the tripcomp before this you will get a message the the GPS is not locked on and it can not start

3. Once the GPS is locked on for at least 60 seconds tripcomp will power up.

4. If you previously tried to use tripcomp and got the message, you will now get a second message the tripcomp is ready to use

Now I have tested this today by starting the car and driving off and not stopping till I get the tripcomp screen.

Once the Nav has started attempt to access tripcomp and get the message.

Await the second message and try again, tripcomp working

Stop the car and check the driving time stops counting while the total time keeps going

I then tested it twice more in the same way each time it was working ok. So if like me you cant get a GPS before moving off it will be delayed till you do. I will keep testing this as we finish off and debug the next version but with a bit of luck this is sorted out, well a workaround anyway

Cheers

34by151

[quote name="34by151I then tested it twice more in the same way each time it was working ok. So if like me you cant get a GPS before moving off it will be delayed till you do. I will keep testing this as we finish off and debug the next version but with a bit of luck this is sorted out' date=' well a workaround anyway

Cheers

34by151[/quote]

That is great news, since you just determinined this and haven't tested much, what do you think will happen if you lose GPS lock? I go through the Squirrell Hill Tunnel (Pittsburgh!) everyday, and with traffic, I am in it maube 2 minutes. Since I have the VSS wire hooked up, it keep trackinging me very well. I hate how my garmin will assume you jump to the end when you re-acquire GPS lock, and your max speed is affected.

Where is the GPS status indicator on this version of Diaftia's mod? I drove around a lot yesterday using it, and keep finding new things I like including the detour options.

....what do you think will happen if you lose GPS lock?

Same as before it will keep running, the problem is in the powerup in Ezrider.exe

....Where is the GPS status indicator on this version of Diaftia's mod?

Top Right corner of the map screen (to the right of the compass)

Cheers

34by151

what about termininating and restarting ezrider once gps lock is established? I also park in a garage at work, and have to drive a bit before exiting.

No that wont work, however I think I have solved it, well at least put in a work around.

Where I got to in testing before was attempting to stop the tripcomp starting if you did not have a full gps lock.

This worked most of the time but sometimes you will notice the gps gains then looses lock a few times before it stays locked on. IE the status goes green then back to yellow then green again

So what I have done for the new version is

1. Tripcomp will not start if the GPS does not have a full lock, As shown in the GPS status as "Accuracy=high"

2. If you try to use the tripcomp before this you will get a message the the GPS is not locked on and it can not start

3. Once the GPS is locked on for at least 60 seconds tripcomp will power up.

4. If you previously tried to use tripcomp and got the message, you will now get a second message the tripcomp is ready to use

Now I have tested this today by starting the car and driving off and not stopping till I get the tripcomp screen.

Once the Nav has started attempt to access tripcomp and get the message.

Await the second message and try again, tripcomp working

Stop the car and check the driving time stops counting while the total time keeps going

I then tested it twice more in the same way each time it was working ok. So if like me you cant get a GPS before moving off it will be delayed till you do. I will keep testing this as we finish off and debug the next version but with a bit of luck this is sorted out, well a workaround anyway

Cheers

34by151

PLEASE!!! can you give us just your EZrider with the trip computer workaround so we have something to play with until the next release of the Mod is ready??

Thanks

Jörg

About the trip computer ...

When you are making a long trip and you have to stop somewhere to take a rest and you surely don't want to let your car running just not to reset the trip computer. So on next power-up, the trip computer is reset!

I guess that is the fundamental issue of any GPS on the market, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it, am I right?

Thnaks.

PLEASE!!! can you give us just your EZrider with the trip computer workaround so we have something to play with until the next release of the Mod is ready??

Thanks

Jörg

it would be even nice to just see some screenies of the upcoming release, which shouldn't be a problem seeing that this mod has been in construction for several months. It would just be nice just to see something........

When you are making a long trip and you have to stop somewhere to take a rest and you surely don't want to let your car running just not to reset the trip computer. So on next power-up, the trip computer is reset!

I guess that is the fundamental issue of any GPS on the market, and there is nothing that anyone can do about it, am I right?

Thnaks.

Well this damn thing is a PC, if you are (unlike me and the people at Pioneer) able to code, you can tell it more or less to do whatever you want. Since it has a flash drive I could imagine it to store daily, weekly, monthly, annual and since last reset data for the trip computer and recall it upon startup. Only difficulty might be that it does not have a proper power down cicle hence it has to store real time which might affect the performance.

Anybody able and wanting to take the challenge? :D

Jörg

Thnaks.

if you are (unlike me and the people at Pioneer) able to code, you can tell it more or less to do whatever you want. :D

Jörg

No, it doesn't quite work like that, coding still has limitations. If it didn't, I would get my Avic to wash my house :lol:

AND take out the garbage :lol:

Well this damn thing is a PC, if you are (unlike me and the people at Pioneer) able to code, you can tell it more or less to do whatever you want. Since it has a flash drive I could imagine it to store daily, weekly, monthly, annual and since last reset data for the trip computer and recall it upon startup. Only difficulty might be that it does not have a proper power down cicle hence it has to store real time which might affect the performance.

Anybody able and wanting to take the challenge? :D

Jörg

Well, don't forget that it doesn't have to be realtime, a proper installation of the AVIC is 100% powered by the car's battery all the time, so it can easily tell when the car is shutting down (in fact, when you remove your key quickly, most of the time the AVIC will shutdown only moment later). The F500 model is always having its own battery the whole time ... only the Pioneer people don't know how to code :evil: .

As for the realtime logging, it should never be considered as a solution because Flash memories are bonded with limited number of write cycles, so if you write very frequently to the same spot of memory, then it will eventually fail. Most Flash memory only lasts 10,000 write cycles, while the best could go up to 100,000. So it is not infinit.

Beware your codders and modders :!: