AVIC411.com

BT Problem - HTC Touch Pro2

I was having trouble with my 900BT... I thought it was due to changing (upgrading) my Custom Rom from CFay to 1.3 so I downgraded to 1.1 w/no change...

Problem was no answer, end call or volume box on screen. :(

So, I copied "My Flash Disk" from my second unit (second unit worked w/phone) & replaced it... now I have the phone UI box & it works perfect again. (no mods to unit before issues started) :?:

BUT, I can't hangup or adjust volume if I dial from phone book or dial pad on screen on either unit or from the phone itself??? (no phone UI box) drivin' me nuts!!!

My phone has never froze/hung at anytime with standard or custom ROM's w/either avic900Bt's... (phone always works no matter what the avic does)

I use to run a TREO 650 w/no problems with either AVIC... but the phone would freeze/hang from time to time.

oh, I'm running (hacked) V3.01 on both AVIC's... and CFay's 1.3 rom is based on "US Cellular's" 6.5 rom.

Raymond

Edit: Oh, I'm on Sprint...

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been reading around and it seems like for right now, only MM has the new bluetooth stack in his ROM. I'm waiting for Juicy to release his R8 and hopefully it will be included. But luckily, there seems to be an official VZW ROM out that upgrades to 6.5 with the new stack. Try flashing to either of those and BT on our F series should be working properly again.

Tested...and all I have to say is everyone that is having trouble with their bluetooth needs to get this update ASAP. Everything works great. I can answer from the Avic, using the hard button on the phone, and the slider. And best of all, virtually no slow down, lag, or freezing at all. Can't wait til Juicy puts out a ROM with this included.

Edit - I grabbed some BT files from the MM 1/9/10 release when I finished testing it and put it on Juciy R7 and everything still works great. Seems like you can just copy and paste the files into your Windows folder if you don't want to flash any ROMS.

Tested...and all I have to say is everyone that is having trouble with their bluetooth needs to get this update ASAP. Everything works great. I can answer from the Avic, using the hard button on the phone, and the slider. And best of all, virtually no slow down, lag, or freezing at all. Can't wait til Juicy puts out a ROM with this included.

Edit - I grabbed some BT files from the MM 1/9/10 release when I finished testing it and put it on Juciy R7 and everything still works great. Seems like you can just copy and paste the files into your Windows folder if you don't want to flash any ROMS.

can you provide a list of those files you've replaced?

I grabbed all the files in the windows folder that starts with "BT" or "Bluetooth". But I'm pretty sure it would work with just the DLLs, you probably won't need all the BT files since they should be the same, like the PNG images. I didn't copy those over.

Do updated BT friles make Touch Pro2 announce incoming calls through the Bluetooth headset (not necessarily AVIC) instead of the device speaker?

I grabbed all the files in the windows folder that starts with "BT" or "Bluetooth". But I'm pretty sure it would work with just the DLLs, you probably won't need all the BT files since they should be the same, like the PNG images. I didn't copy those over.

Do updated BT friles make Touch Pro2 announce incoming calls through the Bluetooth headset (not necessarily AVIC) instead of the device speaker?

Announce as in Voice Command announcing it, or just the BT ringing? Right now I have VC turned off but the unit still rings to let me know there's an incoming call. I haven't tried VC on yet though.

For those Verizon Touch Pro2 owners who aren't really into the cooked ROM scene, it looks like they've finally make a Windows Mobile 6.5 update available. I'm downloading it now and will give it a look and update everyone. Enjoy.

So I just got around to syncing my phone with my F900BT a few minutes ago. At first glance, I can actually hang up from the radio now, but every time I have a call come in, it hangs up on the caller after 1 ring. I'll play with it more later, but this still is sucking :(. Anyone else have any different results? Thanks.

I just updated my phone with the Verizon MR1 update from the link on dougthug's post. Incoming calls now work! The phone had no problem syncing with my F700BT and the volume control stays up and allows me to accept and hang up calls. Now I just have to get my contacts into the unit, I got a "no number found" error when I tried. I'll have to look that up next.

Verzion Touch Pro2 w/ MR1 update (Windows Mobile 6.5)

Pioneer F700BT w/ valid 3.0 update/Bluetooth v3.3

I just updated my phone with the Verizon MR1 update from the link on dougthug's post. Incoming calls now work! The phone had no problem syncing with my F700BT and the volume control stays up and allows me to accept and hang up calls. Now I just have to get my contacts into the unit, I got a "no number found" error when I tried. I'll have to look that up next.

Good deal, I'm glad you're up and running. It may be a reach, but there are two things I'm going to try when I have time and it's not 18 degrees outside). First, I'm going to try disabling the HTC dialer so that it just uses the default Windows Phone one. For the curious ones, you need some registry editing software (Schap's Registry Editor is great) and you have to simply change a 1 to a 0 on one specific registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled). If that doesn't work, I'm going to try removing BTTray from the Windows\StartUp folder on my phone. I have no idea what it does or what it's for, but Bluetooth seems to work fine if it isn't there. Thanks.

Make sure you check the prompt that comes up after you sync the unit with your phone. It asks for permission to access the phonebook. I usually check the box that allows it every time when that comes up so the next time I need to sync, I won't have to allow it manually.

Good deal, I'm glad you're up and running. It may be a reach, but there are two things I'm going to try when I have time and it's not 18 degrees outside). First, I'm going to try disabling the HTC dialer so that it just uses the default Windows Phone one. For the curious ones, you need some registry editing software (Schap's Registry Editor is great) and you have to simply change a 1 to a 0 on one specific registry key (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\Enabled). If that doesn't work, I'm going to try removing BTTray from the Windows\StartUp folder on my phone. I have no idea what it does or what it's for, but Bluetooth seems to work fine if it isn't there. Thanks.
Did you update to the newest 6.5 ROM yet? Go to your bluetooth settings and check the about section. Make sure it is version 1.9.2 Build 500. Build 400 did not work for me, but once I went to Build 500, everything works fine. It should be in the new MR1 update from Verizon. Also, I'm pretty sure it's not the dialer that's the problem. I've tried disabling a lot of things before but nothing worked. This new BT stack solved everything.
Announce as in Voice Command announcing it, or just the BT ringing? Right now I have VC turned off but the unit still rings to let me know there's an incoming call. I haven't tried VC on yet though.

Voice command... Does not seem to work for me with Jabra 3030, which is a pain...