AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Hi All. First time posting so be gentle with me. I have read this and many other threads before posting but I have not found what I need just yet, hence my plea for help.

My f700 went into the endless re-boot problem and in trying to cure it, I screwed it up completely. I had previously bought and installed CNSD200FM which was fine for a couple of months. I did this upgrade last night as per the OP's 1st message and it all seems fine. My only problem now is that I need to Euroize it as I live in the UK.

First I substituted the entire Contents folder from the 3.1 upgrade with the one from CNSD, but the unit wouldn't boot. Then I erazed the contents of the Building, Map and POI folders and replaced them with the contents of the same folders from the CNSD200FM SD card. The unit boots OK but I am stuck in Hungary with no other countries to chose from.

Could one of you kind souls explain what I should be doing to make this work. I would be happy with maps from igo-maps.info if that's any easier. Should I be doing something with the License folder?

TIA, John

ok im a noob but this piratebay looks like a spam-ware treasure chest!!! what the hell is this. it comes up as FX3.1.rar.5546342.TPB and its a torrent bata file when i download it. what do i do with it after i download it. i open it with winrar and it trys to download it again from tixati which is the torrant i downloaded cause limewire is under a investigation lol. like i said this is all new to me but im just trying to fix my 910bt its stuck in the reboot loop and removing those 4 files didn't do anything other then erase all my settings

HELP!!!!! I read through all 36 pages of this post and I can't find a solution to my issue with my 700. I followed the directions to the "t" but can't get the upgrade installed. I am able to download and extract the file to my SD card. I put the card into the deck and get to the menu as directed. I select the "Wince by SD/MMC (format)" option and it completes the "read" portion 100%. Next it begins the "write" process but stops at 5%. I have left it in there for over an hour and it will not go past the 5%. I have tried redownloading the upgrade and multiple SD cards that were all formatted with Fat32. Any thoughts? What am I doing wrong? Really appreciate the help... Driving around without a stereo sucks!!! :)

I completed install on F900BT EU version, concretely CZECH. Everything works great except TMC. I need some time to fix tmc setting in IGO. Only difference was install EU maps,voices and languages.. but this can be done with old CONTENT directory from previous EU version..

Many thanks, system is very fast now

I followed the instructions and made it to the reset unit step (step 5). After reseting the splash screen comes up and then the unit cuts off. If I follow read the instruction right it should automatically go to test mode on step 6. Is there anything I can do is the issue with my unit bigger than firmware? My origanal reason for doing the update was because the unit would freeze on the splash screen.

Thanks

Jaz

I followed the instructions and made it to the reset unit step (step 5). After reseting the splash screen comes up and then the unit cuts off. If I follow read the instruction right it should automatically go to test mode on step 6. Is there anything I can do is the issue with my unit bigger than firmware? My origanal reason for doing the update was because the unit would freeze on the splash screen.

Thanks

Jaz

I was stuck on this too. I realized I did not have the required Testmode loaded on the SD card. I downloaded it here: http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/29694-testmode-23-for-20-30-31/

Just put the unrar'd testmode folder containing all of its files in the ROOT of the SD card.

My issue is once I enter Testmode, I go to windows explorer and click on "SD CARD" drive, it takes about 5-10 mins to respond. Then, I go to click "select all" in the edit dropdown menu, and that takes another 5 mins or more..

I've been patient and waited 5-10+ mins each time I want to make a click, and got all the way to "paste" into the My Flash Disk drive and it never even pastes :(

I've tried a different SD card and a USB drive.. with no luck

Any pointers?

Alright, so I have read every page and I am a little confused on the beginning stages of the process. First off, I have the avic-f7010bt, with version 2.8 firmware.

I am confused on what to do with my SD card the the RAR file.

I downloaded it, and then downloaded WinRAR.

1. The RAR file is on my desktop, and since I now have WinRAR, when I click the file, it opens using WinRAR.

2. Then the following list of items appears in WinRAR: folder(..), folder (My Flash Disk), and folder (testmode), then device.nng, WINCEIMG.BIN, and WINCEIMG.CKS

3. I then deleted everything on my 4gb SD card and made sure it was formatted to FAT32.

4. Next, I dragged all of the items (listed above from (..)-(WINCEIMG.CKS) onto my blank SD card.

AM I READY TO GO AHEAD TO THE NEXT STEP??? AM I READY TO PUT THIS IN THE UNIT??

THANKS!!

Alright, so I have read every page and I am a little confused on the beginning stages of the process. First off, I have the avic-f7010bt, with version 2.8 firmware.

I am confused on what to do with my SD card the the RAR file.

I downloaded it, and then downloaded WinRAR.

1. The RAR file is on my desktop, and since I now have WinRAR, when I click the file, it opens using WinRAR.

2. Then the following list of items appears in WinRAR: folder(..), folder (My Flash Disk), and folder (testmode), then device.nng, WINCEIMG.BIN, and WINCEIMG.CKS

3. I then deleted everything on my 4gb SD card and made sure it was formatted to FAT32.

4. Next, I dragged all of the items (listed above from (..)-(WINCEIMG.CKS) onto my blank SD card.

AM I READY TO GO AHEAD TO THE NEXT STEP??? AM I READY TO PUT THIS IN THE UNIT??

THANKS!!

you need to decompress the .rar file using winrar and then place all the decompressed files onto the sd card. next you can put the card in and turn on the unit do the sequence to get into the update dos and update WinCE then reboot and let it run test mode this will bring up windows CE where you can copy and paste the files needed. I am in need of the file if you could seed it that would be awesome.