AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

ok i was able to follow the steps and got everything loaded.when it restarted i was able the select the language. The only problem is now on the main screen that shows Destination, Contacts, Source im not able to select anything. Every time I touch anywhere on the right side on the screen it selects "setting" in the bottom corner and when i touch the left side it selects the "phone setting" on the bottom left corner. On anything screen if i touch a certain side no matter where i touch it selects the bottom corner of that side. Also when i put a cd in the automatically goes to mute. What could be the problem?

Happy New Year

Still no luck getting my microphone input to work. Was hoping that by now maybe someone would have some thoughts for me. I've redone the entire firmware copy at least 4 or 5 times now. Each time everything seems to be working fine except I do not have any microphone input on my unit (bluetooth or TTS). Any ideas? (Yes it plugged in, checked it twice)

On a side note my GPS antenna seems to not be getting as good reception as it used to in the exact same location its been for six months or better. Ideas?

OK, so I got this installed on my X710bt.

It took a few tries: I copied and pasted everything from the SD card to the internal flash : No dice - it couldn't finish copying and errored out ungracefully in classic windows style. I think the SD card image was bigger than the internal flash. I got it to work by deleting the virgin Islands and Hawaii maps from the SD card before copying to internal flash. I wonder why I had to do this? I did the whole reformat step, so I'm surprised the <2GB image wouldn't fit. Any ideas?

Now I get weirdness in behavior though - the map view always defaults to 3D, doesn't remember my 2D preference. Also, the warning for speed limit seems to re-enable on occasion. Any ideas?

OK, so I got this installed on my X710bt.

It took a few tries: I copied and pasted everything from the SD card to the internal flash : No dice - it couldn't finish copying and errored out ungracefully in classic windows style. I think the SD card image was bigger than the internal flash. I got it to work by deleting the virgin Islands and Hawaii maps from the SD card before copying to internal flash. I wonder why I had to do this? I did the whole reformat step, so I'm surprised the <2GB image wouldn't fit. Any ideas?

Now I get weirdness in behavior though - the map view always defaults to 3D, doesn't remember my 2D preference. Also, the warning for speed limit seems to re-enable on occasion. Any ideas?

Something similar happened to me, but it was because I copied everything into 'my flash disk' and not just the downloaded 'my flash disk' into the WinCE 'my flash disk' folder.

However, I also get a few quirks like the 3D map default which doesn't show street names, and not keeping my setting of the illumicolor option.

Any thoughts? Anyone?

Retell-

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this together!

My F90BT started the reboot cycle on Christmas Eve and I haven't been able to fix it until now.

Download was easy and following the steps as outlined brought my unit back to life!

Thanks again!

Chris Scroggins

PS - I will be seeding over the weekend if anyone is trying to download.

I downloaded this on my SD card and put it in my AVIC-F90BT and followed the steps on the first page of this post and I can get to step 4 and when I select update SD Format it comes up at the bottom center of the screen saying "Can't find WINCEIMG.CKS file! Any key to continue" Why is it doing this? What am I doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

NEVERMIND I think I figured it out. I was copying the file to my SD card instead of extracting it.