AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

Just wanted to say thanks for this. F90BT that would power up and turn off 30 seconds later. These files and process cured the problem and everything is running smoothly again. Currently seeding the file with Utorrent. If seeders ever needed in the future I will try and upload to a file share site, but network is extremely slow with torrents running. Also wanted to add did this all on my mac with an SD formatted Fat 32, in case anyone was wondering if could be done in OSX.

Thanks again.

OMG!

Done and works great!

Thank you...

wanted to post a couple of solutions that worked for me after trial and error (and reading every post!)...

1. Tried it on my new macbook pro and it didn't work (although didn't do much exploring since i had access to a windows machine...)

2. Use winrar like everyone is saying... its free and worked perfect on the windows machine.

3. Tried two sd cards and one didnt work so definately try that if you cant copy the rar file.

4. I copied everything and got the dreaded black screen. reloaded the files on the SD and it worked perfect.

5. Didnt need to erase anything on the units disk... The newly loaded sd I guess clears it...

6. And this is the most important!:

Once in the windows CE screen use a pointer or something pointy and plastic to navigate the menu (I used a plastic pen cap).

go Start-control to select the sd card then open and select one item in the folder, go up to top (edit) and select all and then copy...

go to the pioneers flash, select by tapping it, then up to edit again and paste...

that was the unclear part for me. after that then you'll see the time to transfer.

remove the sd card then use a pen or something to hit the reset and viola!!!

If anyone needs some specifics you can send me a msg Id be glad to help...

And again Thanks for making this file available!!!!!

So after lurking on this thread for a few months, I finally decided that I should try and install this update on my F90bt.

Short story: Installed, got to reboot step, did that and since then I was in a splash screen loop.

So I decided to get another SD card, reload the files and try again.

So, once I get to "5. Wait until it says restart in the bottom center. Reset the unit and leave the SD card in.", I have waited for about 5 minutes, but the only thing that shows up in the bottom is "reading: Processed 100%" Is that it, or is it really supposed to say "restart" eventually?

OK I think I messed up bad now...

So I tried installing it again with my new SD card.

Got into test mode, I went into the My Flash disk on the unit, deleted all the files and then copied all the files in the My Flash Disk of the SD card. It got to about 15 seconds and then my car died all of a sudden...

Now whatever I do, it goes to splash screen and then straight to black screen...

So I figured, I'd start from the beginning again.

I get to "6. You should be greeted with testmode (It will look very similar to normal windows)" this lasts about a second and then it goes straight to black screen...

I am guessing that, by deleting all the files out of the "My Flash Drive on the unit, I've effectively deleted the operating system... Is that right?

Is there a way to undo my F-up that does not require sending the unit to Pioneer?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

Used a new formatted SD card and all worked like a charm, woohoo!!

Now i've tried using a different SD card and also grabbed the 2.08 files off of my friends f90bt and still no success....

still no one has an answer?

I see a few ppl have had this issue but they fixed it by trying again (which ive done several times)

I'm having the same issue, were you able to get yours fixed? I too have tried to install 5 times and get stuck after highlighting which voice i want (wont let me click OK) unit reboots and sticks on pioneer screen.

Any help would be appreciated.