AVIC411.com

FX3.1 Complete Firmware Image

Well, Driving down the road. And my hunk of shiz started the endless reboot crap. I deleted the GPS files in the folder. Unplugged the antenna. Nothing. Short fuse almost got the best of me, was just about to haul off and let the thing feel my right fist. Went back inside and found this thread. Downloaded the 3.1 and let it seed for 2 days. Did the install last night. Went off without a hitch. Did a reboot when it asked for my voice selection. But let it do its thing, and everything works great. And holy hell is this thing fast. Honestly this forum is the only reason i stuck with the f90. Im a Alpine fan for sure. And can tell you i prolly wont buy another Pioneer again. But thanks posting this. Its bought the HU some more time.

• Replies 893
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the latest and greatest. You will not see a 4.0 upgrade to the F series as it is discontinued and has reached it's end of life for Pioneer.   You will love the 3.1 upgrade.

Posted Images

hey dudes...

i have a problem, i went ahead and updated CE and everything

now, i copied all the files correctly,

and when I Select a Voice, Samantha, or that other English one it just high-lights it and then it restarts... any fix for this?

maybe it is missing something??

AVIC-F90BT

thanks... I am running this on a test bench being powered by a ATX Power Supply with the jade cable grounded... thanks...

So does anybody else get any of the following bugs:

(after every startup)

- Map always defaults to 3D without showing street names

- Doesn't keep contacts, favorites, or home address in memory

- Doesn't keep illumi setting in memory

Do I need to re-install? Empty a WinCE folder? Install a different GUI?

I have the same problems, but my illumi settings are OK...

Also, mine forgets that I disabled auto connection on bluetooth. GRR.

I'm not sure what to do other than retry the install.

Hey,

Thanks for the hax0red file set and the instructions.

I made it to STEP 6 (the copy process) and was greeted by "file size is larger than available space..." error message. So I went into your file set and deleted several of the maps for areas I'll never be in (the Dakotas, Minnesota, etc.), but I only removed a few. Then tried it again only to get the same error. This time I continued past that error and selected OVERWRITE ALL. The entire process worked and the system restarted after the 5 second RESET.

One minor thing: There is no map image on my GPS. Everything else is there (all of the option buttons on the right side, the red triangle "you are here", etc.). I am going to see if the map image appears later today when I go out and turn on the unit again. I am going to try to copy in the maps I deleted from your list just to be sure I have 100% of your file set in my AVIC.

Sincerely and with Thanks.

UPDATE: Used the FX3.1 SD-card to get back into WinCE on my F90BT. Then I took a look at the MAPS folder and noticed that only certain state maps had the "...2009.06..." as part of the name. After rebooting the unit the list of states to search for an address was REALLY short (it was only the state files with that 2009.06 as part of the name, all others were not listed, including the state I'm in: therefore no map on the GPS). I'm going to erase all maps without the 2009.06 file name and copy over the ones with it. I'll let you know if this fixes it shortly.

UPDATE II: That was the problem. I erased all maps and then copied them all back onto the AVIC from the SD-card. I do see the problem, from time to time, of the street names not showing up on my screen. And, when trying to zoom in and out of the map while the radio is on changes the station up and down the preset list. I guess that function is incorrectly linked to the control stick.

UPDATE III: Reading another member's post about the 2010 TeleAtlas Maps, I decided to copy in those series of maps (only those I thought necessary for my driving area), POI files and the USA DEM file. It worked with the EZRIDER.exe and license file that is already within this 3.1 file set. Also, I noticed that the road names appear more frequently when in 3D view if you zoom in to the 500' scale. At 1,000' very few names appear on the screen. Thanks again for this assembled set! Now, I just need to get the bluetooth working again with my iPhone. It's lost the link.

So, after 6 months of use I lost my GPS signal today. After a couple of hours or trying figure out if a wire broke or the GPS antenna was dead, I just, on a hunch, decided to re-installed the 3.1FX and GPS started working.

I ordered the free upgrade 2.xx SD card from Pioneer, just in case I ever have to go back to the old software. Anyone know how to revert back to 2.xx? Is it the same procedure where you copy over the contents of the flash drive over onto the onboard drive and reset?

Thanks.

Funny this is the exact thing that happened to me yesterday. I held the reset button down and the unit went into frenzy and do the infinite reboot loop.

I'll probably be doing the reload of 3.1fx tonight and see if that helps. Should've sold the unit when it was working at 100%.

Anyone wanna buy mine?

Same here yesterday....GPS showed me way off the map, then the GPS quit altogether and then infinite boot loop. What the hell happened?