AVIC411.com

does anybody know if this MusicSphere is even worth the 3 days its gonna take to analyze my itunes library?

Depends how you use your Avic if it's worth it...

It also depends what kind of machine you're running...

The faster CPU's...more memory(1x 6GB memory stick is turd compared to 6x 1GB dimms) and of course faster HDD's all play key here.... I have over 2500 tracks... and on a fairly beefy machine..it took 4-5 hours to fill up the playlist...

Like I said... it's worth it if you intend to use it for what it is...

If you're machine can finish it in 3 days...maybe you should consider upgrading your machine...dunno...

Yeah, my computer is pretty much a sloth when it comes to RAM. Its a 4 year old laptop, but it gets the job done i guess. You gave me something to think about about though.

As far as MusicSphere, I plan to definitely use it for what it was made for. From my understanding, ill be able to play playlists based on my mood which is something ive always wanted to do, but never had the time to siphon through all my songs to make playlists myself. So it would be ideal. Jus was wondering why i takes so long. But didnt think my RAM was the culprit. Thanks.

My computer rocks and it still took 3 days. Well actually it would do like 4500 songs then crash. Nice thing is that after the crash it continued where it left off, so my 3 days includes those times when it crashed and stayed crashed until I reset it. I can actually access the playlists created for musicsphere on my AVIC through the iPod playlists, it lists them there in a funky fashion.

• 1 month later...
So.... let me get this straight..

You cannot use Music Sphere in iTunes if you are a Mac user??? ...but wasn't iTunes an Apple software app? I feel unloved.

Yup... One day Macs will be cheap enough to compete with Windows... Trust me.. The Windows market is much mire profitable....

At least CrApple did change processors and did a nice job on their BootCamp software...

I don't think anyone mentioned this, but I learned, after the fact when it kept crashing on one of my laptops that it actually doesn't work on my 64 bit system (win7). I then saw on the pioneer website that it isn't actually supported on 64bit. Works fine on my 32 bit system.

• 3 years later...