AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just did my update along with both BT firmwares. Everything went fine.

So far I'm not impressed by the new interface's performance. I'm not sure if the touchscreen is up to the whole grab and spin motion. For the 10 minutes I played with it, 90% of the time it took my grabs for selects, and instead of letting me spin/scroll, it would select the item nearest to where I "grabbed" and slid my finger. The more I played with it, the better I got at touching/timing it just right to get it to spin/scroll instead of select, so maybe it's just an adjustment period. To be clear, I think the interface is great and very intuitive, I'm just not sure if the touchscreen is high enough quality to work as good as it should with the interface.

Time will tell as I use it more, perhaps the "just right touch" will become habitual and it will work perfect everytime.

I have not seen anyone mention this additional update... Just FYI. Maybe you can update the POI without the map update??

I loaded that POI update exaclty per the directions onto the 16GB SD Card I always use with my Z110. When it restarted, it said there was a version incompatabilty or something... could be a bad copy of the file, and I will recopy and try again later.

ok guys.. i just received the update SD cards today and finished updating my unit

Let me give you a quick tutorial on how to do it (just in case)

Go to the settings of the Z110 and write down your device number

Then you have to get the password for the update. You can do it here

https://www.pioneernavigationupdate.com/navigationupdate/

enter the media code included in the package along with the device number of your unit

WRITE DOWN YOUR PASSWORD IN A SAFE PLACE, YOU CAN ONLY GET IT ONCE

The main update takes 23 minutes

turn on your radio, let it boot up completely, insert SD card #1

it will ask you to do the update, enter your password you got from the website

wait 23 minutes... and VOILA! You have a Z120

keep the SD card inside the unit. It includes a bluetooth firmware update from 2.50 to 3.10

after rebooting, go to the bluetooth settings and do a firmware update. It takes approx 5 minutes

after bt update is down, power off vehicle

turn vehicle back on

take SD card #1 out and insert SD card #2

go to the bluetooth settings again and perform another firmware upgrade. This time from 3.10 to 3.11

wait 5 minutes or so and you are done.

ENJOY

Okay - I have a couple of questions !

I just received my upgrade SD cards. I also didn't receive the "addendum" and I can't find it on the site with the links I've seen here. I see nav unit install but not the upgrade install.

Second, the bluetooth firmware update instructions are confusing and I can't find where on the pioneer site you find out where to check my phones compatibility.

I have a blackberry 8700. Don't know whether or not to do "both" the bluetooth upgrades or only one.

Okay, yes, I'm a rookie at this crap. I just ordered the 01.0010 (or whatever) upgrade. Don't even know what that is but it'll take three weeks to get here so I guess I'll have time to find out. Is that the 110-120 upgrade deal?

If so, should I wait to do the map upgrade until I do the 01.0010 upgrade?

Will my phone work still???

I'm so confused ! ARGGG !

Sometimes I hate technology ! I just want them to tell me to "insert this thingymabob and hit start". I can deal with that. Otherwise put something like "Hey, check your phone compatibility HERE" with a big arrow. How about Addendum HERE (big arrow). May it easy on us techno-challenged wanna-be propeller heads !

jd

Oh, did I mention that I did the install myself and it worked ! I am somewhat capable ! :roll:

Completely stupid question that I can't figure out, even with the manual...

How do I select the iPod as my AV source? I can select everything else just fine, but when I press the iPod button on the left, it just toggles between the names of some other sources (AV1, AV2, etc.) without actually switching to the iPod. What's the dealio?

Jolands,

For the BT update there is no need to install the one on the first card as previously recommended. Simply insert BT update card into the unit go to the BT settings menu, scroll to the bottom and hit the firmware update button. It takes 5-10 minutes and will tell you that it's complete.

BT should work with all available blackberry phones on the market. I personally have a storm 2 and it works fine. I wouldn't worry about that.

As for the install of the upgrade, simply power on your unit, insert the card, enter the numbers requested and you're done in about 25 min.

You're making things more complicated than they should be. Take the easy road, it's much less stressful.

hey guys i figured out how to use the "prices right wheel" thing. Basically my is set to shuffle so each time is selects the next song it is in a random order. To quickly change this on the top left on the screen next to the sliding av sources, its two arrows or easier got to pg 120 in manual and its NUMBER 1. hit that a few times and it will work. Haven't figured out how to keep this setting since everytime i go back to ipod i have to do it again

So is anyone else having the problem of searching by genre?

Just found another issue. When I bring up a list (either artists, albums or songs) I can flick the actual names to scroll at the two speeds that were described in the 120 preview video. I can also flick through the alphabet tabs on the left. But when I try to select one of these alphabet tabs, nothing happens.

I only have one iPod (an iTouch 64 running their new OS4) so I don't have any way to test whether these issues are across all iPods or only the iTouch.

I have again spoken with customer service and got nowhere.

So can anyone here share what they experience with these two functions?

Thanks

Guys if you have what you believe is an issue with the new upgrade, calling Pioneer and expecting them to take it seriously is not going to work. What you have to do is call them and tell them you have an issue and you would like to have it investigated by them as a software issue and that you would like a case number. This insures that they document the issue. They probably still wont investigate it but they will have it on file so when they start getting other calls they will have a history of the reported problems. Once they begin getting multiple reports with case numbers, they will likely investigate it as an issue. Otherwise the clown you get on the phone is just going to tell you he hasn't heard of the problem and attempt to get you of the phone. Also it is a good idea to post your case numbers on here so you can refer to the case numbers from other users that you know have been reported about the same issue. Just be sure if you report a case number on here that it pertains to exactly the same issue.

For anyone that has received your update; did you also receive an operations manual for the upgrade? I received the media number card and a yellow leaflet. The yellow leaflet makes reference to the Operations Manual Addendum, but i have nothing and I can't find anything on the Pioneer web.... any ideas?

its on pioneer's site dude http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/ ... 20BT?tab=D

just download it

Dude, I guess one of us can't read.. You'll notice I was referencing the manual for the UPGRADE, not the unit itself. Your link takes me to the owner's manual for the 120.

Thanks for trying...

I just installed without, guess it wasn't that big of a deal.

The AVIC-220U is a different model. Its an add-on navigation for people that bought screens without nav built-in. Don't think it'll work for the Z110

My update just arrived, and I am creating backup copies of both SD cards. After I created my install password, I got this on the pioneer password create page:

AVIC-220U Points of Interest Download Information

Step 1

Download the "Optional POI data for 2010" file by clicking here (http://www.winzip.com (purchase may be required).

Step 2

Open the file and copy the "NDB" folder and "CARDINFO.CRF" file onto the root of the SD Card.

*Note: Ensure this file is located on the top layer of the SD Card.

Make sure that the SD Card follows these requirements: - Greater then 512MB.

I have not seen anyone mention this additional update... Just FYI. Maybe you can update the POI without the map update??

I am having a problem with my sd video. They are not being displayed on my rear monitor. If I play a DVD it will display. Any suggestion?

I'm pretty sure SD video will not play on rear monitors. Only DVD/Divx, iPod and AV2 will play on the rear monitors.

Just burn your videos to a DVD, they will work, and DVD can handle a higher bandwidth, so you can play higher quality videos. There are a handful of threads that address what can and cannot be played in the rear seats, and the limitations of the various codecs and source (DVD vs iPod vs SD).