• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will it turn a 110BT into a 120BT,

Yes.

Thanks!

Impressive video, I hope they have fixed some of the issues that bugged me. These are simple issues too.

For example, on my stock 2008 Avalanche LTZ system, I had presets that I could switch between that included AM/FM channels as well as XM channels. I liked alternating between our local rock station FM99 and Boneyard and Hairband on XM and it made it quite easy to do having those as preset stations that were shown together (like 1-6 across the bottom of the screen), rather than having a listing of XM presets separate from a listing of FM presets where you had to switch mode first before being able to select a channel from that mode (XM, FM, or AM).

A second issue that really bugged me was that I would set my FM presets, and none of the listings would show up. I could select each one and they would work, but the station names did not appear in List Mode, nor in Detail mode. Nor would any of the song or artist details would show like they did on my other system. Minor problem, but it shouldn't happen, particularly on a top of the line product. The video seemed to show that they still don't have station names (like FM99), instead, they simply show the channel number. The system should be smarter than that.

I'll have to reserve judgment until I see it firsthand.

For example, on my stock 2008 Avalanche LTZ system, I had presets that I could switch between that included AM/FM channels as well as XM channels. I liked alternating between our local rock station FM99 and Boneyard and Hairband on XM and it made it quite easy to do having those as preset stations that were shown together (like 1-6 across the bottom of the screen), rather than having a listing of XM presets separate from a listing of FM presets where you had to switch mode first before being able to select a channel from that mode (XM, FM, or AM).

There is no way to mix AM, FM, and XM presets on this unit.

A second issue that really bugged me was that I would set my FM presets, and none of the listings would show up. I could select each one and they would work, but the station names did not appear in List Mode, nor in Detail mode. Nor would any of the song or artist details would show like they did on my other system. Minor problem, but it shouldn't happen, particularly on a top of the line product. The video seemed to show that they still don't have station names (like FM99), instead, they simply show the channel number. The system should be smarter than that.

Well that is called RDS and the unit has very limited if any support for it. I would not expect a change here.

... mine has a tracking number but still no info on this item when I try to track it....

Same here, I have a tracking number but it's currrently not trackable... they probably packaged them all up with pre-issued numbers that bulk shippers use and they'll all be physically shipped out this afternoon, once UPS scans 'em they should be trackable.

Thanks. That's disappointing, as one would expect a high-end unit to be fully loaded and have more capability that a stock dealer upgraded unit. In the video, there are statements made that they are "1-2 years ahead of everyone else", but simple things like this show that isn't true.

Personally, what I don't want is a lot of complexity in system operation, I want simple functionality that works - much like my new 27" quad core 16GB iMac - and my new iPhone 4 when it gets here on Thursday :D:D

My update tracking number finally appears to be valid and UPS claims it will be here Wednesday. It showed my update shipped out last friday... but UPS had no info on the tracking # until today. This is terrible CS if you ask me. why are they offering 2 day shipping on things that aren't even available? Oh well it is what it is, I am just eagerly awaiting my update.

If it shipped out Friday what is the big deal of knowing EXACTLY where it is AS SOON as they ship it? It's not anywhere near your house, so why is everyone crowing so loud about OMG UPS DOESN'T HAVE ANY INFO OH NOOOEEEEZZZZZZ

This shit is annoying, you guys. I understand that you've been waiting for the update but I've never seen so many impatient people in one place before.

Yes, I'm including the DMV.

I ordered mine from Pioneer......<---guess that wasn't a good idea.... as they still show them as backordered, and my order status hadn't changed a bit...

Not too much of a biggy, being that it's still not going to fix the VR/BT bug that sucks nutz....