AVIC411.com

Z110BT > Z120BT UPGRADE IS OUT!

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Mine has also 'shipped'. Quotations are due to the fact that there isn't a tracking number and I haven't gotten the email from pioneer that my order has shipped which they email you when your order ACTUALLY shipped. I think they are claiming shipped because they are expecting to ship on Monday. I think they are purposefully being deceitful at this point. :-(

I too have received a shipping notice. I don't really care as much about the map upgrades as I do about the upgraded GUI. Maybe this has already been discussed in this forum and I have missed it, but can someone point me to a URL where I could view the updated GUI and what it will do? Will it turn a 110BT into a 120BT, so I should just look for that?

Maybe I missed it on Pioneer's site, but I was a little disappointed that when I visited the upgrade site I didn't see any images or video of the changed GUI.

As for the shipping, I noticed in the pdf file I received with the emailed noticed that it shows "CARRIER UPSN, and then a PRO# starting with 1Z which I assume is a UPS tracking number. I received this email Saturday, with my receipt dated 6/19, and I tried using the tracking # on the UPS website and got the following error message:

>>> UPS could not locate the shipment details for your request. Please verify your information and try again later.

Tracking Number: 1Z5R...................

Does anyone know if an iPod touch will work with pandora link or just an iPhone? I have an internet connection in my car (android) and I can connect my ipod to that via wifi, and pandora works in ipod (not just iphone). Why wouldnt it work?

That would work.

Crap! Now I will have to spend more money, and get an ipod Touch. I would like to hear for sure if it really does work and how well before I make an investment. I did want to get a larger capacity ipod, but was thinking ipod classic with a large hard drive. Now the wheels are spinning.

Does anyone know if an iPod touch will work with pandora link or just an iPhone? I have an internet connection in my car (android) and I can connect my ipod to that via wifi, and pandora works in ipod (not just iphone). Why wouldnt it work?

That would work.

Crap! Now I will have to spend more money, and get an ipod Touch. I would like to hear for sure if it really does work and how well before I make an investment. I did want to get a larger capacity ipod, but was thinking ipod classic with a large hard drive. Now the wheels are spinning.

You could go to the Apple store and pair your android with the iPod Touch and test it out. Or you can return it within 14 days with a 10% restocking fee

I have a Z120BT and also have an iPod Touch and what I found is this...YES, you can listen to your Pandora stream through the head unit via a WiFi connection, but the Pandora GUI is not available over the Head unit. I have both Pandora & Pandora/Pioneer Link apps on the iTouch. Bear in mind, I have not tried what you are suggesting, but when I am out front of my house, I can grab my own WiFi connection..Again though, I can't actually interface with Pandora over the head unit, only listen to it...

I didn't pitch a bitch over the whole Pandora thing since I don't have an iPhone, but just thought I would let you know what you may or may not experience. If someone can tell me what I am doing wrong to not get the interactive Pandora interface over the head unit, please do...I figured after reading the requirements it seemed to me that it is all relative to the phone (ie., having and iPhone)..not device specific...

Peace ~ HFoM