AVIC411.com

Abb's Chrome NAV Mod V3.25 - Aug 30th '10

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2009.6 i believe but never got a new licence with the new map?

That does not make sense as you need a licence for the ez rider file not the maps. If you had the 2009.06 maps working, then the same ezrider with the same licence works with the new maps, at least they do for me.

I don't have a gfx folder and the one you have is too big for me to install. How do I do it or what can I

delete??

My GFX folder is about 130 mb. You will have to delete some maps and POI's that are not used. Also, delete the old GFX folder before you install mine

The only gfx folder in my x910bt is part of the data.zip file. Should I take that out?

ABB.

I installed your mod and it looks great. I do have a problem with Map change, as I have some TA maps on the unit and the rest on a SD card with the following structure: in the root: IGO folder and POI folder with TA poi's. In the IGO folder I have CONTENT/MAP (with some TA maps) folder. I tried to add a MAP_NT folder to the SD card and put some Navteq maps in. When I change to Navteq maps it works on the unit, but not on the SD card. Is it too much to ask for a fix? :)

By the way, what Schemes are you using to get the screen look like the pictures on page 1?

One last thing. I don't think the UK image should have MSN.

Thank's in advance

ABB.

I installed your mod and it looks great. I do have a problem with Map change, as I have some TA maps on the unit and the rest on a SD card with the following structure: in the root: IGO folder and POI folder with TA poi's. In the IGO folder I have CONTENT/MAP (with some TA maps) folder. I tried to add a MAP_NT folder to the SD card and put some Navteq maps in. When I change to Navteq maps it works on the unit, but not on the SD card. Is it too much to ask for a fix? :)

i did not know that i could store maps on my sd card? How do i set up to my navteq on the sd card?

ABB.

Do this!!!!Nothing else will work unless you want problems:

1- Keep all Navteq maps except ones that are not used or ever required in your 'map' folder DO NOT PUT THEM IN SD CARD as it is a pain in the ass because the file location has to be changed!!!!

2- Make a seperate folder in 'MyFlashDisk/APL2/iGo/Content' folder labled 'map_nt'

3-Install your Navteq maps in the 'map_nt' folder. You can only put in the maps according to your area, such as Canada, and maybe one US state (if you live in Canada) as you will not have the space to add them all.

4- make sure that you have the 'basemap.fbl' file in with the navteq maps, If tou do not have it, use the one with your TA maps. Just copy it over as both map folders have to have a basemap.fbl file.

5- To switch to Navteq maps, just click on the mapchanger button, click on Navteq, and the system will reboot with the Navteq maps.

By the way, what Schemes are you using to get the screen look like the pictures on page 1?

One last thing. I don't think the UK image should have MSN.

Thank's in advance

That is a scheme that I have made up that I have not released yet. I am going to add more schemes eventually and then I will add this one. It is kinda pointless just to add one or two schemes as the GFX folder will have to be updated as well

Well, I have been looking through my mod for graphical improvements and I found a whole bunch of problems that should have caught my eye at the beginning:

1-The top bar in the background was not switched over and does not follow this theme. Here is a pic and the fix:

A lot of the buttons did not match this theme. They were either all black or were in 24 bit with a black border around them. This is now fixed

Here are the buttons that are in 24b image-

Some older buttons that were not really suited were replaced

This will be with the AV version and the other improvements listed on pg 12

post-32106-12872763117791_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763118689_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763119284_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763119918_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763120482_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763121243_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763121975_thumb.jpg

post-32106-12872763122798_thumb.jpg

Abb.Any time scale on your next update?Did you have chance to look at the add push pin option yet?Do you think you will ever reach the stage when you are happy with V3 or will it continue to evolve :)

I like the idea about a pushpin, however, I have no place to put it. I can put it in by long-clicking the speedsign, but here in NA, there are not to many speed signs present, so it is kinda pointless. I am hoping that the next update will be ready within a week. That will give me enough time to see if anything else can be added.

As far as this mod evolving, I will continue to update it providing that there is an interest, as uploading these files, putting them up, troubleshooting, and the actual creation is a lot of work. If the interest dies, then so will the updates!