AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Hey Abb!

Great work! I just sent you some "beer money".

I do have a few questions:

1) Would it be possible to get rid of the goog-411 icon in the phone menu, as from what I understand, it will be discontinued in a few days.

2) For the trip computer nag removal, do I need to do this in test mode, or can I do this using either total command or file explorer from the extras menu? Has anyone tried the mod yet?

Thanks again!

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Hey Abb!

Great work! I just sent you some "beer money".

I do have a few questions:

1) Would it be possible to get rid of the goog-411 icon in the phone menu, as from what I understand, it will be discontinued in a few days.

2) For the trip computer nag removal, do I need to do this in test mode, or can I do this using either total command or file explorer from the extras menu? Has anyone tried the mod yet?

Thanks again!

Thank you VERY much for the beer money, it is very much appreciated :) !

1) No, I am afraid that is not possible as we have no control over the UI in the main screen or the AV screen. All we can do is change the images, but we cannot change the user interface, only in the NAV section.

2)neither, this has to be changed in the UI file which resides in the DATA.zip which has to be extracted, worked on, and then rezipped. I will definately have this fixed in my next update.

Thank you VERY much for the beer money, it is very much appreciated :) !

1) No, I am afraid that is not possible as we have no control over the UI in the main screen or the AV screen. All we can do is change the images, but we cannot change the user interface, only in the NAV section.

2)neither, this has to be changed in the UI file which resides in the DATA.zip which has to be extracted, worked on, and then rezipped. I will definately have this fixed in my next update.

Thanks for the quick reponse.

I'll wait for you next update!

I had this happen to me too but I had to reload my entire Flash Disk...nothing else would work. The "Jeep" caused my crash.

Hope this helps,

Bud

Hmmm, that is weird, I am trying the jeep now and it is ok. I have a few questions:

1-Are you using MY car data or Mister Blues car data? He had some corrupted files as they were a first release

2-Are you sure it was the 'Jeep"

im also getting the "application database cannot be found" error ..... then boot loop . also am i deleting the "igo" folder itself or the 2 folders found inside? and what is the folder directory to get to the maps for deleting ? thanx in advance nvrmind figured it out ..abb ur the man!!!! sendin u some duckets right now

Hi guys. Noob here.

I have downloaded all the files, and will install this soon. Is there a way I can graphically edit the main menu page? I want to use different pictures.

It's the image titled "AV1.jpg" from page 1 of this thread.

Yes, of course! That is what I have done to Pioneers original interface. Keep in mind that the only thing that can be modded in the AV/Main section is the bmp's, not the scripts. That is still ok though, as you can change the entire appearance of the Avic.

Yes, of course! That is what I have done to Pioneers original interface. Keep in mind that the only thing that can be modded in the AV/Main section is the bmp's, not the scripts. That is still ok though, as you can change the entire appearance of the Avic.

Oh awesome! Where is the file that I may modify? I can just modify the BMP and have it load using whatever scripts are already in place.

Thanks!

Oh awesome! Where is the file that I may modify? I can just modify the BMP and have it load using whatever scripts are already in place.

Thanks!

It is the 'image.res' file. You have to use 7z to open it up, the files you are looking for is in the AV and Common folder. Make your changes, and then use 7z to zip it up again to 'image.7z' and change the file extension back to .res

It is the 'image.res' file. You have to use 7z to open it up, the files you are looking for is in the AV and Common folder. Make your changes, and then use 7z to zip it up again to 'image.7z' and change the file extension back to .res

Awesome! Thank you so much. This helps a ton.

Trip Computer

The trip computer now works, for me so far, everytime except for once where there was a loading problem. A few people still have problems with this feature working. The TripComputer is just that, a calculation computer. In order for it to work, it needs all the starting data, the input data and then it makes a calculation. In V4, the loading process has been delayed, because if it starts before the GPS signal is active, it will not work. The problem people are having is that at the same time, the same reason that the 'nag screen' is there is that once the nag screen is present, it is then the right time to put your car in gear and drive off. If you drive off before, or before the GPS signal is present, you will not have a starting input for the computer to calculate and therefore the trip computer will not work. In my version, I have the nag screen removed, BUT I never move my car before a GPS signal is present because in the area that I live it is only 10-15 sec to receive a full signal, secondly, in the winter time or fall, I warm up my car, so by the time I get in, there is always a GPS signal present.

In my next updated release, I will have a new interface for the 'split screen' and the speedometer, that will incorporate the trip computer within the application with a touch of a button as this really is a valuable tool if people know how to use it to it's potential. I will put up some screens soon as the 'split screen has been redone and it is a lot more functional now than it ever was.