AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Excellent. It's easier to read.

Any chance you can double the clock's font size, for us older folks. thanks

nah, I would like to have it larger myself, but in the Main/AV interface, we only have the ability to change the pictures, not the UI

Maybe this is pushing it, but how about a split navi and fm-presets to change to another pre-set station without navi.

If you wander off Windsor way pm me and I'll buy you a pint or two.

No, can't do it as unfortunately you would have to get into the AV coding to access the fm presets. We are lucky to be able to make the AV bar hide. I already tried for countless hours just trying to get a code so that you can access the AV Source screen from the NAV, no luck :(

nah, I would like to have it larger myself, but in the Main/AV interface, we only have the ability to change the pictures, not the UI

Abb, While on this topic, would it be worth considering enhancing display of critical info as suggested in attached.Order is not important nor is inclusion of elevation except here in BC. I realize space is a consideration to allow for posted Speed Limit. Just a thought for what it''s worth. Sure do appreciate your considerable efforts.

NV1v2.pdf

Abb, While on this topic, would it be worth considering enhancing display of critical info as suggested in attached.Order is not important nor is inclusion of elevation except here in BC. I realize space is a consideration to allow for posted Speed Limit. Just a thought for what it''s worth. Sure do appreciate your considerable efforts.

It is not a bad idea, except that it will cover a lot of the main screen which kinda defeats my entire idea of my first creation of these mods.

Hi, Abb!

I have a couple of questions regarding point 6 of the install instructions where you say: "If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in tne EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC".

Fact nº 1: I'm in Europe using an 700BT US unit.

Fact nº 2: I've downloaded the UK version of your "Chrome Nav Mod V4.0".

Question nº 1: Do I need to worry about your point 6 of the instructions?

Question nº 2: If so, I only have to delete the ";" before the line that has "type="PIONEER746EW" ;(EU) F700, F900, F90" and type ";" before the default one (type="PIONEER746UC" ;(US) F700, F900, F90), correct?

Thank you for your answears!

Kind regards.

Hi, Abb!

I have a couple of questions regarding point 6 of the install instructions where you say: "If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in tne EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC".

Fact nº 1: I'm in Europe using an 700BT US unit.

Fact nº 2: I've downloaded the UK version of your "Chrome Nav Mod V4.0".

Question nº 1: Do I need to worry about your point 6 of the instructions?

Question nº 2: If so, I only have to delete the ";" before the line that has "type="PIONEER746EW" ;(EU) F700, F900, F90" and type ";" before the default one (type="PIONEER746UC" ;(US) F700, F900, F90), correct?

Thank you for your answears!

Kind regards.

Yes, that is correct, all you have to do is remover the semicolon before the EU version and add the semicolon on the US line

Thank you very much, Abb!

By the way, what does this little change do to the system?

When you put a ";" in front of a line, it comments out the line (i.e. line not used).

Conversely, when you remove the ";" in front of the line, it resumes its effective function.