AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Ok, this was the first time I have modded my unit. GREAT JOB! Most of these features should have been here to begin with.

I do need some help however. I had it working great but started playing with the menus. After reading about the NAVTEQ maps I decided to see what they looked liked and choose then from the menu. I get a can't find maps error and the F90bt starts the boot loop. I went back in and deleted the user data but this didn't seem to help. Any ideas?

Secondly and I'm sure this has been beat up but after spending hours reading and searching last night, i couldn't find anything recent. IS the bluetooth on the F90BT what it is? I mean is there no way to upgrade the software in order to stream music. I remember when these things first came out the discussion here was that the hardware was not compatible.

I was not able to add the last two folders Schemes and new GFX because of space. From what I'm reading I just need to delete some maps to make space. Correct?

Thanks for the help.

Bob

Regarding maps.Have actually got any maps in the Navteq folder?These dont come with the mod and you have to put them there.

Navteq maps can be found here http://www.gpsunderground.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10198

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

scratchnbell,

That is what I have to do to get it working smoothly, reduced the 'My Flash Disk' folder to about 1.7GB. I had 1.93GB and It was giving me a lot of problem

when I tried to access some features, such ascars icons and sizes, gps was non-functional, I could not even get testmode to work. What I did was add Abb's 4.0 mod

to FX3.1, removed some state maps to get 'My Flash Disk' down to about 1.65GB, save it to sd with the rest of FX3.1 modded firmware and reflash the system using the

instructions from http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=27807

Anyone know how to change the map back so that I can get out of the reboot loop?

I don't want to reload everything again.

Ovalball, what maps do I want to download and then where do I put them? There were several there to download under the Navteq section.

\

Thanks Martillo, I'll see if I can make that happen if I have to do the whole reload. The only thing I wasn't able to put in was the new GFX and schemes folders.

Bob

scratchnbell,

That is what I have to do to get it working smoothly, reduced the 'My Flash Disk' folder to about 1.7GB. I had 1.93GB and It was giving me a lot of problem

when I tried to access some features, such ascars icons and sizes, gps was non-functional, I could not even get testmode to work. What I did was add Abb's 4.0 mod

to FX3.1, removed some state maps to get 'My Flash Disk' down to about 1.65GB, save it to sd with the rest of FX3.1 modded firmware and reflash the system using the

instructions from http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=27807

I **think** you can re address the code in sys.txt to get it to run from the SD card.

Maybe something like this:

From this:

[switchmap]
changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"
1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"
2=",map_nt,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"

To This:

[switchmap]
changer="\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo\Extension\MapChanger\MapChanger.exe"
1=",map_ta,\My Flash Disk\APL2\iGo,,"
2=",map_nt,\Storage Card\APL2\iGo,,"

Then just create a folder on your SD that is "APL2/iGo" and put the maps in that folder.

Try it..

Bud

My only concern with running the maps from SD card is that the transfer rates are so slow. However, according to others that have tried this, it seams to be ok. Still, I would opt to remove unused maps and POI's

Anyone know how to change the map back so that I can get out of the reboot loop?

I don't want to reload everything again.

Ovalball, what maps do I want to download and then where do I put them? There were several there to download under the Navteq section.

\

Thanks Martillo, I'll see if I can make that happen if I have to do the whole reload. The only thing I wasn't able to put in was the new GFX and schemes folders.

Bob

Just get the maps which you need,ie where you live or where you will travel to.Then put them in your map_nt folder.

"8. Touching the speed limit sign when up will allow you to add a speedcam in the current GPS location."

What if there is no "Speed Limit" sign?

Also, I know for a fact that if I am traveling and come across a speedcam that I need to edit (they ALL are default at 66MPH...error in the .txt file I guess) and I tap the icon that comes up on the screen and edit it manually it will not correct. But, if I go into the route plan mode screen and do it from there it will edit fine.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Bud

"8. Touching the speed limit sign when up will allow you to add a speedcam in the current GPS location."

What if there is no "Speed Limit" sign?

Also, I know for a fact that if I am traveling and come across a speedcam that I need to edit (they ALL are default at 66MPH...error in the .txt file I guess) and I tap the icon that comes up on the screen and edit it manually it will not correct. But, if I go into the route plan mode screen and do it from there it will edit fine.

Any ideas?

Thanx,

Bud

That was for the UK version, apparently there are speed limit signs everywhere there. In my next update I have an icon in the route menu that will add a camera. Just click menu/route, and the button is there. I was going to add it by long pressing the time, but I am a little cautous about putting the button on the main screen as it is too easy to add one by mistake

When I receive a phone call through my Blackberry with Bluetooth turned on, the system hangs and I must reset the system, no buttons are functioning. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this, everything else works perfect.

Thanks

Hmmmm, this has never happened to me, however, I use an iphone, but that should make no difference. You can try reinstalling everything and delete your igo folder in your user data. that should solve it.