AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Thanks Chuck88, now if I could only get this Navi to work. I'm starting to think the problem is either my antenna ( position (on my hood close to the windshield) or the wire itself ) or the fact that I don't have the reverse wire connected yet ( having trouble finding the wire in my truck to connect it to. I've read there's no VSS wire so I'm guessing the reverse wire is a must for speed details.

There is no connection for speed details in the F700BT from the car itself, and even available in others models, it is only an optional feature so you can either connect it or not. Speed info from your nav screen is calculated from the GPS position and its displacements.

I must missed something ... you said on your previous post that it is FINALLY working. What is the problem now?

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Sorry for the confusion, I had finally got my unit to come on and not cut to the black screen when I started it up. But the Navi still didn't work. I was able to get this mod loaded back on last night but the Schemes were missing again and the maps were also roadless ( buildings were there, just no roads )and of course after trying to fix these problems I am now fighting that infamous Black Screen AGAIN! I'm DETERMINED to get this thing running, and I really like this mod! Right now I guess I'm looking at having to buy a new GPS antenna wire for my Navi, But I will post again when I figure out how to get my unit and this mod up and running.

Sorry for the confusion, I had finally got my unit to come on and not cut to the black screen when I started it up. But the Navi still didn't work. I was able to get this mod loaded back on last night but the Schemes were missing again and the maps were also roadless ( buildings were there, just no roads )and of course after trying to fix these problems I am now fighting that infamous Black Screen AGAIN! I'm DETERMINED to get this thing running, and I really like this mod! Right now I guess I'm looking at having to buy a new GPS antenna wire for my Navi, But I will post again when I figure out how to get my unit and this mod up and running.

You're going to see, it is not that hard!

If you want to see route, all you have to do is to type in an address and then go to that addresse ...

Ok, everything BUT the Navi is up and running. I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to buy a new GPS antenna wire now because I pulled the unit out to check the connection and actually pulled the black wire out of the green clip that plugs into the back of the unit ( UNBELIEVABLE!!! ). Any suggestions where to get a new one ( or how to fix it ) I've tried RadioShack, Autozone, and Best Buy, they all said they don't have it.

Hey Abb, just want to say thanks. I really like the look of this mod. Beer Money will defenaley be coming from me. One question for you tho, I read in an earlier post someone asked about a tutorial on this. Any thoughts on that? Or will it be included with V5?

I just wanted to apologize to everyone for my absense. I have been without a computer for some time as I was waiting for parts to come in to build a new one, and I will not have anything but the best ;). I cant do any mods or updates on my ipad :(. I will not really be doing a tutorial as these mods ae pretty self explanitory iun the first posts. V5 is still coming, actually, it is complete in the NON MSN versiuon, but I need to have the MSN version set up to post it.

Ok. I'm goin to try and man up and fix this gps wire myself before spending the money on a new one. It seems a simple enough fix I just have to figure out how to securly connect the wire back to the clip that plugs into the back of the unit. Any suggestions are definately appreciated but as I have never got this working I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the screen in the "gps/time settings" SHOULD look like when everything is working properly ( connected with a strong signal from satellites). If this was already covered somewhere or there is somewhere else I should be posting this, I apologize and please redirect me.

Thanks

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what the screen in the "gps/time settings" SHOULD look like when everything is working properly ( connected with a strong signal from satellites)

Thanks

it should look something like this

14c.JPG

Excellent. Thanks Abb, know I'll know if I get it fixed or not. Also realize that it's never been connected at all as I have always had a red satillite at the bottom ( not crossed out, just red) 3 yellow flashing squares, and no dots on the globe at all ( green or red ). Also nothing in the accuracy, elevation, or speed bars either. Thanks again, this helps tremendously.

I down loaded your mod.every thing was good than i tried to install schemes and now my f90bt says to wait downloading in progress radio turns on, than after a few minutes it reboots i tried my backup and that wont install not sure whats up with that.any help would be great. Thank You

I down loaded your mod.every thing was good than i tried to install schemes and now my f90bt says to wait downloading in progress radio turns on, than after a few minutes it reboots i tried my backup and that wont install not sure whats up with that.any help would be great. Thank You

Sounds like you possibly downloaded the schemes in the wrong folder, otherwise, this should not happen. In the meantime, if the mod worked ok right away, then obviously the problem is in the schemes installation. Just delete the schemes from the folder make sure it boots ok, and then try again, but follow the instructions

*Dangles beer*

Seriously Abb, got some time for an Ottawa fan? I'll ply you with brew if you'll help me install your mod. :grin:

Too easy, just follow the directions to a 'T'! It is easier than it seems--

Extract all of the folders/files from the .rar file you downloaded, onto a freshly formatted SD card with a testmode folder. You only need to deal with 4 different folders on your AVIC and they are labeled on the folders themselves that the files are in within the zip once extracted.

Also make sure you have a full back up of your FLASHDISK. Really, you are going to edit a lot of files here and it will be nice to go back if you want/need to.

Once the SD card is inserted into your AVIC, power it on and boot into testmode:

1. Click Start - Programs, Explorer then click on SD Card

2. Click on Start Again - Programs - Explorer then click on My FlashDisk - you should now have 2 Explorer folders open in the quick start menu at the bottom of your windows screen.

3.Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS IN 'MyFlashDisk' folder'. Move the 'System' folder found inside into 'MyFlashDisk' along side APL, APL2, etc..

4.Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS in 'MyFlashDisk-APL' Folder'. Move ' CommonLib.dll', 'Image.res', 'MainMenu.exe', and 'SystemSetting.exe' into the APL folder

5. Using the SD card window click on the folder called 'put ALL CONTENTS in 'MyFlashDisk-APL2-IGO' Folder'.

6. Scroll your pointer over the 8 files titled "bnt.ttf", "DATA.zip", “BULLPEN3D.ttfâ€, “Digital.ttfâ€, "DS-DIGI.TTF", "TAHOMA.TTF", "TAHOMABD.TTF" and "sys.txt", as well as the 2 folders, "3DCars' and "Extension" to select them all. If you are running an F500, or are using a unit in the EU, then edit the semicolons at the top of the sys.txt file before copying them over to the AVIC.

7. Go up to EDIT at the top window click COPY

8. Go to the FLASHDISK explorer window at the bottom of the screen and open it

9. Navigate to APL2-iGo

10. Click EDIT at the top window and PASTE all 8 files and both folders

11. When the prompt comes up asking you if you want to change files click the option that says "YES ALL" wait for it to copy files (because you made that backup right?)

12. You need to delete the user files so that your settings are built fresh with these new mods. They are in “My Flash Disk\User\UserData". Delete the ENTIRE "iGo" .

13. Power off your ignition to turn the AVIC off.

14. Pop out your SD CARD and then power back on to restart AVIC. DO NOT REMOVE THE SD CARD WITHOUT TURNING OFF YOUR AVIC FIRST!!!

Sounds like you possibly downloaded the schemes in the wrong folder, otherwise, this should not happen. In the meantime, if the mod worked ok right away, then obviously the problem is in the schemes installation. Just delete the schemes from the folder make sure it boots ok, and then try again, but follow the instructions

Thank You Very for fast reply i fixed it and yes you were right i think i double clicked folder when i installed my bone head fault i love this mod so thank you again