AVIC411.com

Abb's NAV Mod V4.0 'All-in-One' -- Oct 24th '10

Hi all. Longtime lurker turned first time user, and my first post is really prompted by all the great work I am seeing on this forum for these Pioneer units. I just installed Diafta's mod, and I'm anxious to see Abb's v5 mod.

Abb, any consideration of including an auto installer like what Diafta used? Made th install so utterly simple for noobs like me.

Or, since I think we share geography, and chance you could help an Ottawa brother out? ;)

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Open up your sys.txt file and put this into the [iNTERFACE] section: defaulttilt3d=8300 And adjust this number till you get your best horizon view.So it should look something like so: [interf

Posted Images

Hello everyone, I'm new to posting but like a lot of you I'm also anxiously awaiting Abb's V5 mod. One question though, can anyone tell me how to get my Navi working? I just got it recintly and after days of painstakingly installing it into my 99 Suburban I have yet to get the GPS to work. It doesn't seem to realize that I am NOT in Los Angeles! When I push the map button I notice the GPS in something like a no smoking sign and when I touch it it takes me to the GPS/time settings screen (can't get exact time either) on the bottom left there is a pic of a satallite in a red circle followed by 3 flashing yellow squares. What does this all mean? What do I need to do to fix it so I can enjoy the full functionality of my unit (F700bt)?

Hello everyone, I'm new to posting but like a lot of you I'm also anxiously awaiting Abb's V5 mod. One question though, can anyone tell me how to get my Navi working? I just got it recintly and after days of painstakingly installing it into my 99 Suburban I have yet to get the GPS to work. It doesn't seem to realize that I am NOT in Los Angeles! When I push the map button I notice the GPS in something like a no smoking sign and when I touch it it takes me to the GPS/time settings screen (can't get exact time either) on the bottom left there is a pic of a satallite in a red circle followed by 3 flashing yellow squares. What does this all mean? What do I need to do to fix it so I can enjoy the full functionality of my unit (F700bt)?

Looks like you can't get a fix on the GPS satellites. This also happens in very rare occasions in my Mod. If the car is in an open area and no fix after two minutes, I just restart the AVIC using the menu. Under normal circumstance, the AVIC should be able to get a GPS fix right after startup.

My guess is that might be some bugs of the connection between the GPS modem and Windows CE.

But if you have this very frequently in an opened area, then it might indeed be a problem.

Same to Ovalball's question ... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately I have blacked out my unit trying to reinstall Abb's schemes so I'm going to have to fix it again (happend once before) before I can try anything. Is 3.0 still the most updated firmware for me to use for this fix?

Europe Firmwrae: 3.0202

North America Firmware: 3.0201

If you already have firmware 3.x, you don't have to reflash it again. All you have to do is to delete "\My Flash Disk\User\USERDATA\iGo", if your problem is related to the SCHEME.

Good lucks.

Thanks Chuck88, but of course with all of the blind pride of the novice I am I figured, hey I fixed it once I'll just do what I "remembered" ( HA ) doing the first time and fix it again. Well I seamlessly found my way into test mode ( increcing my novice confidence exponentially ) then dimounted and formatted part00 and created a new on. Then I just copied My Flash Disk folder from my sd card to the My Flash Disk in "My Device". Well it wasn't until I turned my truck off and on ( 5 times ) that I admitted defeat and realized that I needed to find and refollow the proper instructions. And now I'm at work, posting via iPhone, waiting impatiently until I get off to go at it again.

Sorry about the lame prelude to my actual question, I'm sure you guys have heard it all before, but any idea where I can find this update?

Hahaha ...

If you are talking problem after copying "My Flash Drive" from SD to AVIC, then you might have a OUT OF DISK SPACE problem. With newer maps from TA, it is possible that you are not having enough space on the AVIC to accomodate all the stuff of the SD drive, the WinCE will not get you obvious warning if you're running too fast by assuming all done.

One way to deal with it is to delete some maps files that you will never use, like Hawaii, Alaska or some other places.

If this is not detailed enough, this problem has been discussed at various places of this forum, so please search. :rolleyes:

Good lucks again!

FINALLY!!! My problem was that I was copy and pasting the actual "My Flash Disc" FOLDER to my flash disc and not it's CONTENTS. Apparently that little mistake made all the difference in the world. Now my unit is running 3.02 firmware (properly) and I want to thank EVERYONE that has contributed to this forum ( I probably read ALL of your posts tring to fix this thing ). Now just need to get back home and reinstall this mod.

Thanks again

Thanks Chuck88, now if I could only get this Navi to work. I'm starting to think the problem is either my antenna ( position (on my hood close to the windshield) or the wire itself ) or the fact that I don't have the reverse wire connected yet ( having trouble finding the wire in my truck to connect it to. I've read there's no VSS wire so I'm guessing the reverse wire is a must for speed details.

Thanks Chuck88, now if I could only get this Navi to work. I'm starting to think the problem is either my antenna ( position (on my hood close to the windshield) or the wire itself ) or the fact that I don't have the reverse wire connected yet ( having trouble finding the wire in my truck to connect it to. I've read there's no VSS wire so I'm guessing the reverse wire is a must for speed details.

Sorry to say, but it is not your reverse wire, that is Only for the backup camera.

I know that I can never get a new GPS lock in my garage and have to go to the driveway parked to get it the first time. Then it locks in my garage no problem. For your speed, it is using triangulation from the satellites to determine that (very accurate), the VSS only helps accuracy, but is not required.