AVIC411.com

Chuck88's Mod v3.4b with Pioneer FW 4.0 and Primo 2.0 - Updated 2013-04-13

*** Smartzoom navigation aid ***  

236 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use/prefer smartzoom during navigation?

• Yes.
    • Yes, but my mod doesn't have this feature or this feature is not working correctly.
    • No, I hate smartzoom.
    • I don't know what smartzoom is. Know it here (copy and paste): http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28658-abbs-chrome-nav-mod-v325-aug-30th-10/page__st__165__p__213857#entry213857

Great mod! The off button is nice, but we should have the bottom left screen or somewhere else for quick access to the radio for the next update.

Thanks for your feedback, very few did. :twisted: The problem is that the OFF function is from an external executable file, so I don't have control over it, like popping up the audio control is not possible. When you tape on the screen, that executable eats the click and turn itself off.

I like the previous home screen better since we're used to it. I think I'll stick with the v2.8 for now. Overall though, both versions of the pioneer is so much better compared to when I first got this unit. Thank you so much. Thanks for emulator too. It's a useful tool.

I am not sure what are you referring to as the HOME SCREEN, can you be more specific and point me to it? I like v3.0 more (only the handy functions, zoom and routing method, in the route planning pad worth the upgrade), so if you can point me to it and maybe I can consider to combine them together.

• Replies 850
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure what are you referring to as the HOME SCREEN, can you be more specific and point me to it? I like v3.0 more (only the handy functions, zoom and routing method, in the route planning pad worth the upgrade), so if you can point me to it and maybe I can consider to combine them together.

I also agree with v3.0 with the handy functions, zoom & routhing method since I thought that was great....The home screen that I was referring to is the one with

top screen on the top,

then destination, contacts, av source,

and on the bottom

phone on the left and settings on the right. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure what screen that was called. I'm just use to the previous theme.

I also agree with v3.0 with the handy functions, zoom & routhing method since I thought that was great....The home screen that I was referring to is the one with

top screen on the top,

then destination, contacts, av source,

and on the bottom

phone on the left and settings on the right. Sorry about that, I wasn't sure what screen that was called. I'm just use to the previous theme.

Oh I see. That doesn't have anything to do with my mod! :mrgreen: All you have to do is NOT to copy the IMAGES.RES file from my v3.0 release to overwrite the previous' one with the same name under "\My Flash Disk\APL".

Hope that you will revert back to my v3.0, which should be much better.

Let's me know your result or if you need any help. :cool:

Hmmmm, weird! I have been looking for a calculator app since my version 3.0. I tried your 'calc.exe' file and it does not work. I just get a blank screen when I execute it.

Abb, did you get the calculator working on your mod?

Chuck. Thanks for all your hard work. I got a second F500 BT to play with and learn. I have no illusions of getting to the level you exhibit but having just found the snapshots, reviewed same, I am very impressed. I hav em=limited time witht he first F500BT but really like the screen and the touch response. It has the Pioneer V4 with 2010 maps.

The second unit now only boots into CE via testmode (running 2.006) as I messed up the Pio software. Once I learn how to get the FW updated, I can move forward with your exciting package. I am going to try to get MSN going soon.

Ovalball,

With my MOD, I have been told that there are issues with the TMC in Europe, saying that the control panel is there but no activities at all. Can you please confirm or invalidate that?

Thanks!

Chuck

Will check it out this weekend.Don't remember seeing anything different when I installed it though.To be honest I find the TMC info that bad(out of date)that I hardly bother with it.

Thanks man. I think that in a effort to simplify the coding and reduce the burden of the AVIC CPU, I overlooked something and delete the initialization code for TMC.

Anyone can tell me their experience with v3.0 for TMC or MSN Direct?

Thanks.

Chuck,

Don't have msn so can't comment. So far though, the v3.0 is running very smoothly.

Thanks for answering! I hope that other people will give me their experience.

I am planning a new feature to the zooming while driving, different than the Smartzoom, hope that I will have it done soon ... testing it right now.

Thanks for answering! I hope that other people will give me their experience.

I am planning a new feature to the zooming while driving, different than the Smartzoom, hope that I will have it done soon ... testing it right now.

Chuck

Can confirm that TMC isn't working with latest version.Everything else seems ok,thanks.

Hi Chuck,

Do you think there is a way to have an icon to turn the whole screen off(screen off) to the map screen? As for now, we would have to press the menu button, then the setting then screen setting and then screen off. The current configuration takes too many steps to achieve. Hope you can add this to the next version if you have time.