AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

another question about the mute button. Is ther eany way of having the mute button on the "full screen cockpit"?

Full screen cockpit is supposed to be minimal. If you touch the direction icon the avoid screen comes up. At the bottom of the screen is a mute/unmute button.

Thanks Diaftia!. I got it installed correctly but wanted to point something out that you likely already know..

First, is there a file I can edit or a menu setting that will default to NOT muting the Navigation? The button is so close to the other one that when I try to unmute it I bring up this screen

http://www.phyrefile.com/image/view/QwJJZyNv1a1aXNsx

Did you know when this screen comes up there is no way to close it. I found out that in the bottom left corner if you press your finger there it will close that screen. Although there doesn't seem to actually be a button there it works. Again you may know this already..

The only thing I miss is the translucent green highway signs. During the daytime mine look almost black or a very dark dark green.

Thanks for your help!.

Deleted and replied to in another post.

Do you have access to a backup? I think there is something off with your system. As you can see from all the posts here my mods work fine. There is just something on your system that is conflicting with everything else. Setting it back to new and reinstalling might fix the issue. Really weird that you can run 2.3 since really this is just more stuff added to the same set of code. Actually that triggers a thought, if you dont have a backup you can start with putting the 2.3 mods back on and seeing if they run. Maybe we can go from there. Otherwise I have a backup of my system. I have been meaning to upload it but just havent yet. Problem is I cant do it at work because of our crappy satellite link so I have been meaning to do it at home. I will set myself a reminder now to do it tonight when I get home.

Well my original install was your 2.3 mod. All I did was boot off the SD card and delete Canada Maps and Canada POI to free up enough space to install yours. You think I should try to reinstall your 3.4 again? I mean everything works great except that screen has no Return or Exit and again all I have to do is press bottom left corner of the nav window to close it. No complaints other than that. I can live with it. What exactly should it be doing anyway? Just clicking on the Map in the background to close it? Have you tried that with an active route in progress?

B.

Well my original install was your 2.3 mod. All I did was boot off the SD card and delete Canada Maps and Canada POI to free up enough space to install yours. You think I should try to reinstall your 3.4 again? I mean everything works great except that screen has no Return or Exit and again all I have to do is press bottom left corner of the nav window to close it. No complaints other than that. I can live with it. What exactly should it be doing anyway? Just clicking on the Map in the background to close it? Have you tried that with an active route in progress?

B.

Oops... that was for Yazon.

In your case if you bring up the quick menu press one of the buttons to clear it. Either that or press the hard physical menu button on the avic.

Tried deleting files from speedcam and userdata, but it is still stuck on the same screen. I really don't remember doing anything to the EZrider. I used to run your v2.3. Then i tried loading the v3 and it didn't work. I can check to make sure i'm running v3 if you tell me how.

Just replaced the EZrider and license with the one from the first post here. Same issue.

Do you have access to a backup? I think there is something off with your system. As you can see from all the posts here my mods work fine. There is just something on your system that is conflicting with everything else. Setting it back to new and reinstalling might fix the issue. Really weird that you can run 2.3 since really this is just more stuff added to the same set of code. Actually that triggers a thought, if you dont have a backup you can start with putting the 2.3 mods back on and seeing if they run. Maybe we can go from there. Otherwise I have a backup of my system. I have been meaning to upload it but just havent yet. Problem is I cant do it at work because of our crappy satellite link so I have been meaning to do it at home. I will set myself a reminder now to do it tonight when I get home.

Oops... that was for Yazon.

In your case if you bring up the quick menu press one of the buttons to clear it. Either that or press the hard physical menu button on the avic.

Ah no problem. Yeah the physical MAP button on the AVIC will not clear that menu. Only that hidden button in the bottom left corner.

Thanks!

I've been using this update for a couple weeks now and really like it!

There is one thing I can't figure out though... When creating a saved search, how do you include a text search rather than just searching for a poi by category? I did this (before the mod) for 'Starbucks' (saves trying to find out where they put Starbucks) but I can't figure out how to do it on the new mod, maybe something changed? ...or I'm just missing a step somewhere.

Also, I have noticed a couple of minor issues related to POI's, if you're still looking for input...

1.) It's pretty handy to have the 'Register Search Criteria' shortcut on the bottom right of the 'Find POI' screen (as from the factory). Any way of putting that back?

2.) I noticed when listing POI's around the current GPS location, the sort indicator (bottom right of screen) is blank until you click it - only then will it show sort by name or by distance. The function works fine, you just don't see the clickable label until you click it.

No big deal, just thought I'd mention them for you.

diaftia,

Funny thing happened. You know my issue with that POI menu that I couldn't' get rid of without pressing a hidden button. Well its working fine now. Pressing anywhere on the map closes it. I guess I just needed to do a really good COLD Reboot. After I installed your mod I ran that Restart App from the CE Desktop and thought that was good enough. I dunno but it seems to be just fine now!

Thanks again!

Hi!

I've a F910BT (European Version) and I'm reporting a problem on Bluetooth...

I checked that TMC was not working and I inserted the TMC info (found on DATA.ZIP - CONFIG - DEVICES - pioneer746ew.ini) on Sys.txt:

[tmc]

source="gns"

port="COM,4"

new_event_recalc_timeout=5

changed_event_recalc_timeout=15

enable_flow_lines=0

enable_flow_icons=0

The TMC started to work, but the bluetooth stopped...

That is any other configuration that must be done?

Regards,

Alberto

Hi diaftia,

thanks for the great mod.. i have a US x9115bt out in Oz and all is working great except i cant seem to change the voice setting. the zip files are in the voice folder but they dont appear in menu.

when i applied this mod i tried to select both the US version and Au version but sill no luck.

any help appreciated.

cheers

sam

Hi!

I've a F910BT (European Version) and I'm reporting a problem on Bluetooth...

I checked that TMC was not working and I inserted the TMC info (found on DATA.ZIP - CONFIG - DEVICES - pioneer746ew.ini) on Sys.txt:

[tmc]

source="gns"

port="COM,4"

new_event_recalc_timeout=5

changed_event_recalc_timeout=15

enable_flow_lines=0

enable_flow_icons=0

The TMC started to work, but the bluetooth stopped...

That is any other configuration that must be done?

Regards,

Alberto

Just delete the save files and it should clear up. Make sure you go into regional and enable TMC.

Hi diaftia,

thanks for the great mod.. i have a US x9115bt out in Oz and all is working great except i cant seem to change the voice setting. the zip files are in the voice folder but they dont appear in menu.

when i applied this mod i tried to select both the US version and Au version but sill no luck.

any help appreciated.

cheers

sam

That is odd... you are sure they are on the flash disk?

I've been using this update for a couple weeks now and really like it!

There is one thing I can't figure out though... When creating a saved search, how do you include a text search rather than just searching for a poi by category? I did this (before the mod) for 'Starbucks' (saves trying to find out where they put Starbucks) but I can't figure out how to do it on the new mod, maybe something changed? ...or I'm just missing a step somewhere.

Also, I have noticed a couple of minor issues related to POI's, if you're still looking for input...

1.) It's pretty handy to have the 'Register Search Criteria' shortcut on the bottom right of the 'Find POI' screen (as from the factory). Any way of putting that back?

2.) I noticed when listing POI's around the current GPS location, the sort indicator (bottom right of screen) is blank until you click it - only then will it show sort by name or by distance. The function works fine, you just don't see the clickable label until you click it.

No big deal, just thought I'd mention them for you.

I'll look into these. Thanks for letting me know.