AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

Just installed this mod on fresh v3 release, removed maps for some states (As otherwise i didn't have enough space) now the system boots up and gets stuck at "system startup in progress. please wait". Never leaves this screen.

Missing file(s) or something. Just follow the instructions again.

This happens also if the DATA.zip is not valid. Did you change anything then rezip the file yourself?

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I booted up my SD card to do the install this morning and it told me I needed to free up some space. Is it okay to remove files from the map folder like it suggested? Or will the Mod install and then parts of my map not work because I deleted items from it?

THanks!

Any suggestion on this?

Just installed this mod on fresh v3 release, removed maps for some states (As otherwise i didn't have enough space) now the system boots up and gets stuck at "system startup in progress. please wait". Never leaves this screen.

It is looking for a file that is missing.Did you delete the igo folder in user/userdata ?I would try reinstalling both the new v3 and then try installing the mod.It does work 100%.

I need 25mbs free. Can I delete the Canda83TA stuff from \the APL2\iGO\Content\MAP ?

There is also a Canada file in the POI folder too.

Yes, you can delete maps you do not use. For example I deleted Canada and living in California I knew that I would not be going to the east coast in my car. I deleted a lot of the larger files over there too. That made it so that I could use map changer and have two different types of maps for Cal. But that is another conversation for another day. ;)

Yazon... did you use my install script? The install script should make it so that this does not happen. Do not install the mods like you did with 2.3. I have scripted and automated the process to avoid any problematic installations.

When you extract my zip file to a BLANK sd card (or at least copy all existing contents to a separate folder). Just pop it in the avic and choose your version once it boots.

I used your installer and did not touch anything. Extract files to the blank card, put into AVIC, booted, selected US Model F500 (which is what i have).

Can you try doing it again and selecting the first option? Would tell me if there is a problem in the script for that model.

Same thing with option #1 - shows "system startup in progress. please wait". I can click some buttons while it shows it and it seems that if i press "Destination" it shows me a Pioneer logo and has "POI Manager INIT" in the lower right corner.

C

Thanks Diaftia!. I got it installed correctly but wanted to point something out that you likely already know..

First, is there a file I can edit or a menu setting that will default to NOT muting the Navigation? The button is so close to the other one that when I try to unmute it I bring up this screen

http://www.phyrefile.com/image/view/QwJJZyNv1a1aXNsx

Did you know when this screen comes up there is no way to close it. I found out that in the bottom left corner if you press your finger there it will close that screen. Although there doesn't seem to actually be a button there it works. Again you may know this already..

The only thing I miss is the translucent green highway signs. During the daytime mine look almost black or a very dark dark green.

Thanks for your help!.

Same thing with option #1 - shows "system startup in progress. please wait". I can click some buttons while it shows it and it seems that if i press "Destination" it shows me a Pioneer logo and has "POI Manager INIT" in the lower right corner.

C

That is odd. This is the first time that I have seen anyone have a problem with the install.

Lets try a couple things. One go into the apl2/igo/content/speedcam and delete all of the files. Also delete all of the save files in user/userdata/igo/save

Reboot and see if that works.

If that doesn't work I have been doing some reading on the internet it seems that it can happen if you have a incorrect version of ezrider.exe. What changes did you make to your system up until now? Are you sure you are running 3.0? If you are positive you can you try grabbing the modded ezrider for elevation from the first page of my thread and see if that works. Also delete the save files once you copy this and then reboot.

Thanks Diaftia!. I got it installed correctly but wanted to point something out that you likely already know..

First, is there a file I can edit or a menu setting that will default to NOT muting the Navigation? The button is so close to the other one that when I try to unmute it I bring up this screen

http://www.phyrefile.com/image/view/QwJJZyNv1a1aXNsx

Did you know when this screen comes up there is no way to close it. I found out that in the bottom left corner if you press your finger there it will close that screen. Although there doesn't seem to actually be a button there it works. Again you may know this already..

The only thing I miss is the translucent green highway signs. During the daytime mine look almost black or a very dark dark green.

Thanks for your help!.

Yes, In the picture that you posted is the menu to the capabilities of the system. Like a start menu for windows. Click the settings button that you see. From there click sounds. Then volume. Then default mute and switch it to off.

When that screen comes up you click one of the buttons that are shown. All 8 of those large squares in your screen shot are buttons to functions. They are very large to make it easy to press while navigating. Either that or you can click on the map like you did to close it. You can also hold down one of those large buttons in the quick menu and replace its functionality with something else. Its completely customizable.

I found that the translucent signs were hard to read sometimes. As it is now you can make them blue or green depending on if you are in europe or not as well as larger and smaller. Adding in a third option for translucent doubles each of those options and you cant imagine how many config files and variables are involved in that. I have it on my list but to be honest its at the bottom as its a LOT of effort for little reward. The dark green is like we have here in the states but I can look into making it lighter. Give it some time though and I think you might come to like it. I ran the translucent ones for a while and have come to like it this way.

That is odd. This is the first time that I have seen anyone have a problem with the install.

Lets try a couple things. One go into the apl2/igo/content/speedcam and delete all of the files. Also delete all of the save files in user/userdata/igo/save

Reboot and see if that works.

If that doesn't work I have been doing some reading on the internet it seems that it can happen if you have a incorrect version of ezrider.exe. What changes did you make to your system up until now? Are you sure you are running 3.0? If you are positive you can you try grabbing the modded ezrider for elevation from the first page of my thread and see if that works. Also delete the save files once you copy this and then reboot.

Tried deleting files from speedcam and userdata, but it is still stuck on the same screen. I really don't remember doing anything to the EZrider. I used to run your v2.3. Then i tried loading the v3 and it didn't work. I can check to make sure i'm running v3 if you tell me how.

Just replaced the EZrider and license with the one from the first post here. Same issue.

Yes, In the picture that you posted is the menu to the capabilities of the system. Like a start menu for windows. Click the settings button that you see. From there click sounds. Then volume. Then default mute and switch it to off.

When that screen comes up you click one of the buttons that are shown. All 8 of those large squares in your screen shot are buttons to functions. They are very large to make it easy to press while navigating. Either that or you can click on the map like you did to close it. You can also hold down one of those large buttons in the quick menu and replace its functionality with something else. Its completely customizable.

I found that the translucent signs were hard to read sometimes. As it is now you can make them blue or green depending on if you are in europe or not as well as larger and smaller. Adding in a third option for translucent doubles each of those options and you cant imagine how many config files and variables are involved in that. I have it on my list but to be honest its at the bottom as its a LOT of effort for little reward. The dark green is like we have here in the states but I can look into making it lighter. Give it some time though and I think you might come to like it. I ran the translucent ones for a while and have come to like it this way.

Diaftia!. Hey thanks for taking a moment to help with this. Really appreciate that.

That screen that comes up. I could not get it to go away by pressing on what little portion of the map in the background. I tried that first and the menu remained on top. I did have a route in progress though so I don't know if that changes anything. Even hitting the physical hardware button "MAP" on the headunit failed to remove that menu. A few mins it seemed to go away on it's own. I brought the menu back up thinking maybe one of the items would return me back to the map with the route in progress but everything always returned you to that menu ontop. Eventually I thought maybe the location of where I was accidentally triggering it (when trying to unmute the Nav) might still be there even though I can't see it on the screen and that worked. Just touching bottom left corner and it closes the menu.

Thanks for explaining where I can find the Default for the Nav Mute.

hey no biggie on the translucent green signs. I can certainly live with what you have now. I just thought they were a tad darker than what I'm used to seeing.

Im use to this shade green: http://www.advancedetiquette.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/1-Exit-1-Mile1.jpg

Thanks again man!. YOU ROCK!

Brian.