AVIC411.com

Diaftia's Hybrid mods V3.6 - UPDATED: 04/19/11 - Now with auto installer.

That is odd... you are sure they are on the flash disk?

thanks for the reponse..

Yep, just double checked. they are in my flash disk\APL2\iGo\Content\Voice . they are all zip files.

i cant see the aus in language or voice??

can i manually override it?

cheers

sam

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thanks for the reponse..

Yep, just double checked. they are in my flash disk\APL2\iGo\Content\Voice . they are all zip files.

i cant see the aus in language or voice??

can i manually override it?

cheers

sam

Try this:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28403-voice-and-language-problem/page__p__210073__hl__%2Baustralian+%2Bvoice__fromsearch__1#entry210073

Also, if I remember right there are two different places to set the voice settings. One is in regional but there is another in the Pioneer side. If you dont have the option to browse to a TTS file via USB you are not in the right one. I will try to look later today if you don't come across it.

Try this:

http://avic411.com/index.php?/topic/28403-voice-and-language-problem/page__p__210073__hl__%2Baustralian+%2Bvoice__fromsearch__1#entry210073

Also, if I remember right there are two different places to set the voice settings. One is in regional but there is another in the Pioneer side. If you dont have the option to browse to a TTS file via USB you are not in the right one. I will try to look later today if you don't come across it.

Hi Alex,

ok i must be going mad but i cant find the brownse tts via USB in any menu. i have had a look at the regional settings and the language settings but neither has the option to browse via USB. The only place i can find to change voice settings is system settings/language

weird. everythign else is working from your mod. tried a fresh install of your mods but still nothing. I will have a a crack at changing the sys.txt.

thanks again.

sam

Reposting ...

Hello Alex,

I've tried to locate the script for the distance scale ruler in the "Route planning screen" and the "Map screen", but could find it. Could you please shed some light on it?

Thanks.

Hmmm... you mean the blue and white bar along the bottom?

Look at the scripts sc_init_zoomcontrol_browsemap and sc_init_zoomcontrol in scripts_800_480. I think that the browsemap script moves it off screen.

I'm having issues with the spoken guidance on my system.

I just recently typed in a location and as I navigated to the location the unit kept speaking a street or road name, spelling it out including ampersand's and backslashes etc. in the street names?

Is there a specific voice it should be on or is there a setting somewhere for fixing this?

I'm having issues with the spoken guidance on my system.

I just recently typed in a location and as I navigated to the location the unit kept speaking a street or road name, spelling it out including ampersand's and backslashes etc. in the street names?

Is there a specific voice it should be on or is there a setting somewhere for fixing this?

That is odd... Two things to try. One is to go to the street again and see if the name of the street shows correctly on the map screen. If it does then get the original voice file and replace the one that is on the flash disk and see if it still does it. If it was just one time on one specific street you have to decide if its worth even going after.

That is odd... Two things to try. One is to go to the street again and see if the name of the street shows correctly on the map screen. If it does then get the original voice file and replace the one that is on the flash disk and see if it still does it. If it was just one time on one specific street you have to decide if its worth even going after.

Hey that is strange.last time out my 900bt did the same thing butiwas using dphurst mod at the time.A. Reboot sorted it out but it was the first time this had ever happenedî‰

Hmmm... you mean the blue and white bar along the bottom?

Look at the scripts sc_init_zoomcontrol_browsemap and sc_init_zoomcontrol in scripts_800_480. I think that the browsemap script moves it off screen.

Thanks Alex!

I copy over the script for the Map Browser screen, it works with one hiccup that I don't understand: instead of having two distance markings in the scale as in your mod (i.e. 5KM, then 10KM), I have only one (the farther one, i.e. only the 10KM), any distance!!!

Any idea?

Hi, hoping someone can help me on this.

I have been learning about all the settings by trial and error as I guess is the way here. But somehow I seem to have activated something really quite annoying... Every time I go over a roundabout I get a "beep" warning sound. It seemed to be associated with the turn restriction parameter being set to "on". But I have switched that to "off" and I'm still getting the bloody noise! I've scratched mu head and tried every setting I could think of to get rid of this warning sound but to no avail. I'm probably missing something basic, can someone point me in the right direction?

Hi, hoping someone can help me on this.

I have been learning about all the settings by trial and error as I guess is the way here. But somehow I seem to have activated something really quite annoying... Every time I go over a roundabout I get a "beep" warning sound. It seemed to be associated with the turn restriction parameter being set to "on". But I have switched that to "off" and I'm still getting the bloody noise! I've scratched mu head and tried every setting I could think of to get rid of this warning sound but to no avail. I'm probably missing something basic, can someone point me in the right direction?

Under 'warnings' theres an option called 'lane' something or other. turn it off. it cured the problem for me.