AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, odd, I too installed 5.1.1 on my iphone 4S but AppEx beta 2 is working fine. I do have the latest version of AppRadio+ installed as well, not sure if that makes a difference?

After upgrading to iOS 5.1.1 my TOM TOM navigation didn't load any more.. I think it has it's own backgrounder process or something, cause it just asks for me to load the AppRadio phone App..

other than that most things worked pretty good, the things listed on the first post are still buggy, but those are at least documented. I donated some $$to Mike, so I'm excited to see Beta 3 in action. RIght now I'm rocking Display Out until it's ready to play with

Pretty sure after a fresh jb and upgrade to 5.1.1 my device was cleaned up and I only installed SB settings an AppEx for my tests.

Some other things stopped working too that aren't appEx related.

Like I couldn't see, only hear videos through the regular iPod source that previously I could watch with no issue.

Does the AppRadio app work in app mode? What do you mean by "it didn't really work"?

Thanks Mike for replying. Well unit doesnt have an advanced app mode. So apps like motionx/waze/best parking will display on the unit without jailbreaking just fine but you cant control them via touchscreen on the pioneer unit. The appradio app doesnt really do anything except list compatible apps.

hey mike were you able to get the touch signals to be able to more than just simple gestures?

Not yet.

So apps like motionx/waze/best parking will display on the unit without jailbreaking just fine but you cant control them via touchscreen on the pioneer unit. The appradio app doesnt really do anything except list compatible apps.

If you can't control the AppRadio app with the head unit, this won't work.

Updated the first post with the Beta 3 link. This version should fix the issue with app switching. There is still a problem with the AppRadio app getting stuck on the SpringBoard. It's a known issue with Backgrounder that I'm trying to work out. Restart SpringBoard to clear the issue.

Do I need to add a source to my directory to find this file? When i do a search it only finds the old file on the BigBoss repository. Or do i have to load the file from the first post?

:: edit i downloaded the file with Ifile but i feel this is still a valid question. ::

I have try this beta 3 in my iphone 5.1.1 : now my appradio and my iphone dont work !!! When i connect my iphone my appradio launch appradio application but dont have access in appmod... I have a black screen in appmod, appmod dont work... I have try unistall this beta, reboot, unistall / reinstall appradio application, reboot appradio, i have unistall all ect... I have tested launch directly in my iphone springboard application compatible, again black screen i dont see picture now in my appradio... :-( Mike your extention is not compatible in 5.1.1 ??

Edit : reset settings and deleted manually file, install again ! WORKS GREAT :) :) :) NICE JOBS !!!!!

Do I need to add a source to my directory to find this file? When i do a search it only finds the old file on the BigBoss repository. Or do i have to load the file from the first post?

This beta is separate from the version in Cydia. Just install the file from the first post. It will overwrite the Cydia version.

now i restore my iphone....

You shouldn't have to restore. AppRadio Extensions is loaded from /Library/MobileSubstrate/DynamicLibraries. Just delete the one or two files from that folder and restart springboard/reboot the phone. If the problem still exists after removing the files, it's not caused by the Extensions.

Mike your extention is not compatible in 5.1.1 ??

It is compatible. I'm testing on a iPhone 4 running 5.1.1.

• RonS locked this topic