AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Fw up to date, latest and only known version for the AR2 is loaded.

Tomtom works, only have to disconnect the GPS antenna from the AR2, then the reception is ok.

Now only 1 big problem remains, black screen on the iphone after disconneting the Iphone, or shutting down the AR.

Probably some setting, or doing something wrong.

Who can advise me on the trhe correct way of shutting down an non supported app, and shutting down the AR?

`

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious - has anyone tried this extension with the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT or similar head units that include Advanced App Mode? If anyone has, does it work the same way as it does on the AppRadio?

I'd like to know this as well... I plan on getting the AVH-P8400BH

Very slow, and difficult to get thing running. A lot of black screens on my iphone.

Probably some compatibilty issues.

Anyone got some tips?

Tomtom works, only have to disconnect the GPS antenna from the AR2, then the reception is ok.

Now only 1 big problem remains, black screen on the iphone after disconneting the Iphone, or shutting down the AR.

Probably some setting, or doing something wrong.

Who can advise me on the trhe correct way of shutting down an non supported app, and shutting down the AR?

The black screen is a known issue with backgrounding apps on iOS 5. It's at the top of my list.

The black screen is a known issue with backgrounding apps on iOS 5. It's at the top of my list.

Good to hear!!

For the rest, i believe it is a wonderfull adition on the restricted appsuport from Pioneer. I would not buy an appradio without the knowledge i can tweak.

For now, i have a respring icon at the top left of my spingboard. With the black screen, i jut push in that location, and everything comes back.

I'd like to know this as well... I plan on getting the AVH-P8400BH

I will exchange my new appradio2 for the 8400, because the base appradio unit is to limited for me.

From what i read on the net, the appradio in the 8400 will work in the same way, and i heard people running tomtom (my most used program because of life traffic)

For testing this appradio, i will inform later this week, the cable is not in stock now!

Hi

Backgrounder isn't instaled in my iphone 4 but i have still a black screen on the iphone after disconneting the Iphone.

When you mirror a jailbroken iphone onto the 8400bh screen, can you still be the display on the iphone screen as well? With the appradio2, I see the "display out" or "appradio extensions" screens on both the appradio2 and the iphone screen.

In this video the iphone screen goes blank during mirroring with "display out". The reason I ask is because I was considering switching out my appradio2 for a 8400bh.

When you mirror a jailbroken iphone onto the 8400bh screen, can you still be the display on the iphone screen as well? With the appradio2, I see the "display out" or "appradio extensions" screens on both the appradio2 and the iphone screen.

In this video the iphone screen goes blank during mirroring with "display out". The reason I ask is because I was considering switching out my appradio2 for a 8400bh.

yea dont think you should have anything to worry about if ur using app extensions. what ur seeing is some just using display out. While when in app mode your screen will be over ran by pioneers logo. Best thing to do is go to best buy and hook ur iphone up to it and see

Theres no best buys in Europe unfortunately :shock:

But if the display out could work in a forced landscape mode (whilst the phone is mounted in portrait) and had touch control I think this would be half the battle.

If the phones display stayed off aswell it would be good to reduce the heat generated when it is on all the time.

Theres no best buys in Europe unfortunately :shock:

But if the display out could work in a forced landscape mode (whilst the phone is mounted in portrait) and had touch control I think this would be half the battle.

If the phones display stayed off aswell it would be good to reduce the heat generated when it is on all the time.

AppRadio Extensions already allows all of this. I have a demo vid where I never even touch the phone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1gk3IcYheQ

There is an option in Display Out that allows you to have both screens on, or just the TV. You need to select both.

Hello,

I hope you can bring a few ideas.

I like the video from Appradio. Would be good if you could set the video launch every time the app is started.

In the black edge of the apps you could install the buttons used to control music. Play, Pause, Stop, Forward, Rewind.

Otherwise, great work you've done. This is how meaningful the purchase of Appradios.

I've run this on an iPod Touch 4G (64GB).

Runs without problems.

I get internet over my Android phone when I start the hotspot.

This also works without problems.

I mainly use Navigon and Facebook.

Greetings from Germany

• RonS locked this topic