AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys, i just installed the Appradio 2 into my Car. 1st off I wanna say it´s incredible what ur doing Mike ! Gona put my donation as soon as I got my paycheck. Now i have a problem. From what i have read i´m not the only one. I can only get supported apps running. All the other one´s are just starting up on my iPhone and the Appradio Screen just turns black. Anyone got any news on how to fix that problem ?

Thx alot in advance

Goofy

Forgot to mention: I got an iPhone 4 - 16GB - Appradio Extensions V. 1.9.9-3 / Pioneer Appradio 2

Hi there! Pretty new to this forum, just started fiddling with appradio 2. I have one of the first Canadian models for quite some time and was getting so frustrated with "compatibility and convenience" of the unit that I started trying to alter some things my self. I got stuck and tried to see if anyone else was doing the same as me and, wow!! Mike, great work! Your integration is very smooth and more practical than that of pioneers! I just wanted to thank you and I'll send you a donation as soon as I set up a PayPal account. I also wanted to mention in regards to the iPhone needing to be resprung after disconnecting it from AR2, if you turn off the ignition of your vehicle the head unit doesn't power down for about ten seconds more. If you have the bypass done with a grounded led switch it will illuminate when you activate it, (so you can view it, not while driving of course, but if your vehicle is so old that it doesn't have wires involved with the parking brake to ground out the unit, or you want to use it as a nav unit for offroad driving, like me). The led in the switch will also turn off when the unit powers off, about ten to fifteen seconds after you turn off the ignition! If you wait till it (AR2) powers off the appradio app will "flip" and ask you to connect device. Disconnect now and you don't need to respring. I think the iPhone is not unmounting properly untill the unit powers off?

Hi Everyone

Mike your a genius

I've done some videos with the app radio extensions add on, I've done the video with no editing so everyone can see some of the bugs that I've had to deal with (no biggie for me personally) but if everyone is experiencing the same bugs they can refer to these videos.

The first video is the most recent one I did last night and the second one was the first video.

Hi Everyone

Mike your a genius

I've done some videos with the app radio extensions add on, I've done the video with no editing so everyone can see some of the bugs that I've had to deal with (no biggie for me personally) but if everyone is experiencing the same bugs they can refer to these videos.

The first video is the most recent one I did last night and the second one was the first video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl7_1Y-gE8w&feature=channel&list=UL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oVYiKnAE6g&feature=relmfu

Do you have any GPS issues with TomTom ?

Also Was it easy to put a picture in the background ?

No I don't have any issues with TomTom

Yeah it was on your phone/itouch open the app radio app with out being connected to the radio and then click on settings and you can change the wallpaper

Do you have your GPS Ariel connected at the back ?

No I don't have any issues with TomTom

Yeah it was on your phone/itouch open the app radio app with out being connected to the radio and then click on settings and you can change the wallpaper

Hmm..that's interesting that you didn't have any problems with TomTom. In order to get TomTom working on my iPhone 4 again, I had to unplug the GPS receiver that came with the AppRadio 2. After that, TomTom was able to receive GPS data from the phone itself.

• RonS locked this topic