AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

In case you missed it Mike, the jailbreak for IOS 6.1 has been released some days ago. Google for it you'll find it's been made by evasi0n and it worked like a charm on my iPhone 4S IOS 6.1. Read first post and thought you'd like to know this.

Can't wait until my apps work on the appradio so I hope to see more news on the subject soon!

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Funkystyles,

Thanks for your reply.

The first app radio app I downloaded was 1.8.2 (as per odepaj's recommendation on page 44) although with this version the unsupported apps did not even appear on the head unit. Because of this I started again and went with app radio app direct from iTunes. This time the unsupported apps appeared but when I try to launch one it launches on my iPhone only.

It is worth mentioning; I notice (on page 46) odepaj is experiencing the same problems as me. Although I'm not sure if he is still using 1.8.2 at this point.

Hmmm, I'll try a reinstall of 1.8...and then 2....

Any other ideas, err, anyone?

Thanks again FS for getting back to me.

Mooooch.

Hey Funkystyles,

Thanks for your reply.

The first app radio app I downloaded was 1.8.2 (as per odepaj's recommendation on page 44) although with this version the unsupported apps did not even appear on the head unit. Because of this I started again and went with app radio app direct from iTunes. This time the unsupported apps appeared but when I try to launch one it launches on my iPhone only.

It is worth mentioning; I notice (on page 46) odepaj is experiencing the same problems as me. Although I'm not sure if he is still using 1.8.2 at this point.

Hmmm, I'll try a reinstall of 1.8...and then 2....

Any other ideas, err, anyone?

Thanks again FS for getting back to me.

Mooooch.

Use AppEx from Cydia with 1.8.2

The beta version of AppEx linked in the first post of this thread is to try and get unsupported apps working again with 2.0.0/2.0.1

I updated because Mike asked what problems people might be having with the beta AppEx, but I have since downgraded back to the Cydia version of AppEx and 1.8.2

hi,
I´m a user of a DA02 AppRadio and iPhone 4S with iOS 6.01.

I'm waiting for a new version of Appex for IOS 6.X.
I have read in previous post that Mike could not access the SDK Pioneer
add link to the website to register as a developer and download the SDK.:
http://www.appradiodev.com/accounts/login/?next=/

I hope this is helpful Mike! and thank you for your work.
sorry for my English, I'm Spanish.

Hi, just wanted to tell mike THANK YOU !!! really you are doing a great job !

i'm using an iphone 4s, unfortunately i did an update to 6.1 (i was 5.1.1) and now i can't downgrade (a5 processor). so i'm just waiting for an update.
edit : how can i donate to you through paypal ?

PS : do you think you can add an option to always have the hour above all the apps when you launch them ? 

thanks !

Hi guys,

Just wanted to thank Funkystyles and Odepaj for their sage advise.

also would like to say a special thanks to Mike for creating something truly exceptional!

Mike you are an amazing guy thanks so much for your hard work and dedication to this project - You have put a massive smile on my face!

Next stop Paypal -  to make a small contribution for all your efforts.

Mooooch

I hope someone can help me!!!

I have a 4s running 5.1.1 with the newest beta and appradio.  I go into the extensions and select apps to show in menu, but they still don't show up on the appradio2 screen.  I can run an app such as safari or netfilx from the phone and it is shows on the screen but the app short cuts aren't there.  The default pioneer apps are there and the one that looks like the iphone that I can click and bring up a mirror of my springboard and run apps that way.  I would like to have the apps on the homepage of the radio as a shortcut.

Give me some advice on what I am doing wrong.

I tried both the beta and current cydia version and both versions of the appradio 1.8.2 and 2.0.1

Great app as well Mike  Keep up the hard work

Thanks,

Tracy

Dying to hear some update on iOS 6 progress... Even a new, half-working beta would be better than nothing. Please let us know, Mike! Thanks again for all your hard work!!

EDIT: +1 on making this project open-source. If it was a paid tweak it'd be one thing but since you're working for free, why not let others chip in and help out? And then maybe this thing could not only expand faster, but also further in functionality as well, and hopefully with more minds chiming in, less bugs as well! Keep considering it!! :D

Dying to hear some update on iOS 6 progress... Even a new, half-working beta would be better than nothing. Please let us know, Mike! Thanks again for all your hard work!!

EDIT: +1 on making this project open-source. If it was a paid tweak it'd be one thing but since you're working for free, why not let others chip in and help out? And then maybe this thing could not only expand faster, but also further in functionality as well, and hopefully with more minds chiming in, less bugs as well! Keep considering it!! :D

I'll post a beta here some time this week. I'm still trying to fix issues with Siri and the updated AppRadio app menu. For now, anyone on iOS 6 will not be able to control the unsupported apps. Once I get all of the other features working, I'll go back and see what I can do about touch control.

I 100% plan on open sourcing this. I started preparing the code for release before working on the iOS 6 update (some of the code is a bit messy), but I paused once I found out that a whole lot was going to change with the new OS. I think the AppEx road map will be: update for iOS 6, open source the code, collectively figure out how to get touch support working.

I also need to know if I can downgrade my AppRadio DA02 to version 2.46 and install "AppRadio plus"

Thanks.

What is "AppRadio plus"  is it the same thing as the appradio extenstions that Mike has created?  I am new to this and trying to find information but haven't had any luck!

• RonS locked this topic