AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you been able to test this? I will give it a try, thanks for posting this here, hopefully is something mike can work with...

i´d tried all teaks i found about multitasking, but i do not know anything about programming. Because of What Mike said, i supoose we need to run Appradio in background, but dont know what i have to find in this teaks;

For example, when configure Remove Background and put "angry birds" in the exception list, i cant go out angry birds and came back for play the same game, i need to reestar the level, so i supossed Remove Background is not a real multitasking like Backgrounder. The same with  InfinityTask, insomnia, etc and all the other program i found in google with "alternative to backgrounder Ios 6". I think Mike would Know if this programs are ussefull, ¿anyone know?

In another forum i found this interesting post, someone is working in backgrounder Ios6 : http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=951437

i´d tried all teaks i found about multitasking, but i do not know anything about programming. Because of What Mike said, i supoose we need to run Appradio in background, but dont know what i have to find in this teaks;

For example, when configure Remove Background and put "angry birds" in the exception list, i cant go out angry birds and came back for play the same game, i need to reestar the level, so i supossed Remove Background is not a real multitasking like Backgrounder.

In another forum i found this interesting post, someone is working in backgrounder Ios6 : http://www.sinfuliphone.com/showthread.php?p=951437

We need to be able to use the AppRadio app on the head unit while a different app is being used on the phone.

We need to be able to use the AppRadio app on the head unit while a different app is being used on the phone.

Thaks for the reply Mike;  this can be solved with a real multitasking? so we can run appradio with the other aplicactions in iphone while in the head unit is running Appradio? sorry, i´m not ussefull but try to find something in internet if i can

Mike is the appradio extensions tweak ready to capture the touch screen events? in case we can make the appradio.app run in the background I was playing around with the .plist file for the app I remembered that we can do something similar to have cydia run real time multitasking so I copied the piece of code from the .plist for cydia into the .plist for appradio.app and change the setting so it would not close the app after you exit it, but I am not sure if this would work, I will give it a try and see what happens, I just wanted to know if there's anything else you have to turn on for appradio extensions to capture the touch screen events.

Mike is the appradio extensions tweak ready to capture the touch screen events? in case we can make the appradio.app run in the background I was playing around with the .plist file for the app I remembered that we can do something similar to have cydia run real time multitasking so I copied the piece of code from the .plist for cydia into the .plist for appradio.app and change the setting so it would not close the app after you exit it, but I am not sure if this would work, I will give it a try and see what happens, I just wanted to know if there's anything else you have to turn on for appradio extensions to capture the touch screen events.

If you can make the AppRadio app stay on the head unit while other apps are running, I can make the touch events work. The iOS 6 version of AppEx isn't "touch ready" yet but you can test the plist mod just by plugging your phone into the head unit and running other apps. I recommend uninstalling AppEx first, just in case something conflicts with your testing. The main issue is that when an app resigns to the background, it shuts down it's secondary display. Backgrounder worked because it tricked the apps into thinking they were still active on the phone screen.

If you can make the AppRadio app stay on the head unit while other apps are running, I can make the touch events work. The iOS 6 version of AppEx isn't "touch ready" yet but you can test the plist mod just by plugging your phone into the head unit and running other apps. I recommend uninstalling AppEx first, just in case something conflicts with your testing. The main issue is that when an app resigns to the background, it shuts down it's secondary display. Backgrounder worked because it tricked the apps into thinking they were still active on the phone screen.

No good new over here, I tested the infinitytask tweak from cydia and the .plist changes and nider work, because the app never closes the app is "multitasking", in the other hand the connection between the app and the head unit is the one that drops when you switch apps, I played around the appradio app and read the files I could read trying to find some conditional or something but I couldn't find anything :(, what's interesting is how the sopported apps work, what makes them different? What makes them special, that's the key, lol, I hope we find and alternative soon...

with ifunbox for windows I can tell the app to run in the background forever

I try this but dont work for me. If you tray to exit Appradio.app when conected to Appradio and in advanced mod, images in appradio goes black.

There is this in Info.plist of Appradio.app (between lines 73-79):

<key>UIBackgroundModes</key>
    <array>
        <string>audio</string>
        <string>continuous</string>
        <string>location</string>
        <string>voip</string>
    </array>

Can we change something in info.plist??? 

EDIT: more information from Apple developer site:

Declaring Your App’s Supported Background Tasks

Support for some types of background execution must be declared in advance by the app that uses them. An app declares support for a service using itsInfo.plist file. Add the UIBackgroundModes key to your Info.plist file and set its value to an array containing one or more of the following strings:

• audio—The app plays audible content to the user while in the background. (This content includes streaming audio or video content using AirPlay.)

• location—The app keeps users informed of their location, even while it is running in the background.

• voip—The app provides the ability for the user to make phone calls using an Internet connection.

• newsstand-content—The app is a Newsstand app that downloads and processes magazine or newspaper content in the background.

• external-accessory—The app works with a hardware accessory that needs to deliver updates on a regular schedule through the External Accessory framework.

• bluetooth-central—The app works with a Bluetooth accessory that needs to deliver updates on a regular schedule through the Core Bluetooth framework.

• bluetooth-peripheral—The app supports Bluetooth communication in peripheral mode through the Core Bluetooth framework.

Each of the preceding values lets the system know that your app should be woken up at appropriate times to respond to relevant events. For example, an app that begins playing music and then moves to the background still needs execution time to fill the audio output buffers. Including the audio key tells the system frameworks that they should continue playing and make the necessary callbacks to the app at appropriate intervals. If the app does not include this key, any audio being played by the app stops when the app moves to the background.

Try to declare " external-accessory " in info.plist??

No good new over here, I tested the infinitytask tweak from cydia and the .plist changes and nider work, because the app never closes the app is "multitasking", in the other hand the connection between the app and the head unit is the one that drops when you switch apps, I played around the appradio app and read the files I could read trying to find some conditional or something but I couldn't find anything  :(, what's interesting is how the sopported apps work, what makes them different? What makes them special, that's the key, lol, I hope we find and alternative soon...

I have modificated info.plist:

<array>
        <string>bluetooth-peripheral</string>
        <string>bluetooth-central</string>
        <string>external-accessory</string>
        <string>audio</string>
        <string>voip</string>
    </array>

I will try tomorrow, hope not to break something. ¿It would be posible or we need to create another array, strings (i dont know what is this ) in another archive of appradio.app???

I have modificated info.plist:

<array>
        <string>bluetooth-peripheral</string>
        <string>bluetooth-central</string>
        <string>external-accessory</string>
        <string>audio</string>
        <string>voip</string>
    </array>

I will try tomorrow, hope not to break something. ¿It would be posible or we need to create another array, strings (i dont know what is this ) in another archive of appradio.app???

I try this but dont work for me. If you tray to exit Appradio.app when conected to Appradio and in advanced mod, images in appradio goes black.

<array>
        <string>audio</string>
        <string>voip</string>
    </array>

Can we change something in info.plist??? 

EDIT: more information from Apple developer site:

Declaring Your App’s Supported Background Tasks

Support for some types of background execution must be declared in advance by the app that uses them. An app declares support for a service using itsInfo.plist file. Add the UIBackgroundModes key to your Info.plist file and set its value to an array containing one or more of the following strings:

• audio—The app plays audible content to the user while in the background. (This content includes streaming audio or video content using AirPlay.)

• location—The app keeps users informed of their location, even while it is running in the background.

• voip—The app provides the ability for the user to make phone calls using an Internet connection.

• newsstand-content—The app is a Newsstand app that downloads and processes magazine or newspaper content in the background.

• external-accessory—The app works with a hardware accessory that needs to deliver updates on a regular schedule through the External Accessory framework.

• bluetooth-central—The app works with a Bluetooth accessory that needs to deliver updates on a regular schedule through the Core Bluetooth framework.

• bluetooth-peripheral—The app supports Bluetooth communication in peripheral mode through the Core Bluetooth framework.

Each of the preceding values lets the system know that your app should be woken up at appropriate times to respond to relevant events. For example, an app that begins playing music and then moves to the background still needs execution time to fill the audio output buffers. Including the audio key tells the system frameworks that they should continue playing and make the necessary callbacks to the app at appropriate intervals. If the app does not include this key, any audio being played by the app stops when the app moves to the background.

Try to declare " external-accessory " in info.plist??

According to what I was reading on your post you should be adding external-accessory to the application that you plan to use with app radio (or another accessory), not to appradio itself, unfortunately I don't think this will work in this case because appradio.app should already has external-accessory declared in info.plist, but keep me posted in case something happens, you might also want to try adding external-accessory into info.plist of an unsupported app and see how it behaves.

What we need to find out is how appradio knows when certain application its supported for example what in the waze.app coding makes possible the connection between the app and the unit throughout the appradio.app, if we only knew the developer for one of the supported apps, he would be of great help :)

<array>
        <string>audio</string>
        <string>voip</string>
    </array>

Jab after reading your post and doing some more reading on the link you posted avobe, I decide to try a couple of things, it looks like you are on the right track the only problem is that the .plist file its not using  <key>UIBackgroundModes</key> instead its using <key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key> towards the end of the code and what this is doing is that it is calling another piece of code I assume inside the appradio.app it self (couldn't find it)  <string>jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome</string>, now this piece of code is the responsible for handling the connection between the apps and the unit and this is how I know,

I tried substituting the original

<key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key>

<array>

<string>jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome</string>

</array>

with 

<string>external-accesory</string>

hoping that the app and comunication would stay running in the background as it indicates here http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/general/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW22 and the result was that the appradio app was not communicating with the unit, because it kept asking my to lunch the app when I already hat it open, so if we can find that jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome we could probably go on and modifying and testing, that's if Mike doesn't find a beter way sooner.

Quick question Mike its all this testing we are doing helping you some how? or should we just chill and wait for you to get it done? :) if you think I could be of help let me know...

Thanks...

Jab after reading your post and doing some more reading on the link you posted avobe, I decide to try a couple of things, it looks like you are on the right track the only problem is that the .plist file its not using  <key>UIBackgroundModes</key> instead its using <key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key> towards the end of the code and what this is doing is that it is calling another piece of code I assume inside the appradio.app it self (couldn't find it)  <string>jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome</string>, now this piece of code is the responsible for handling the connection between the apps and the unit and this is how I know,

I tried substituting the original

<key>UISupportedExternalAccessoryProtocols</key>

<array>

<string>jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome</string>

</array>

with 

<string>external-accesory</string>

hoping that the app and comunication would stay running in the background as it indicates here http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/general/Reference/InfoPlistKeyReference/Articles/iPhoneOSKeys.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40009252-SW22 and the result was that the appradio app was not communicating with the unit, because it kept asking my to lunch the app when I already hat it open, so if we can find that jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome we could probably go on and modifying and testing, that's if Mike doesn't find a beter way sooner.

Quick question Mike its all this testing we are doing helping you some how? or should we just chill and wait for you to get it done? :) if you think I could be of help let me know...

Thanks...

It seems a good first step???? 

I found the place where Appradio.app declare the soported App, and in another place the icons for ssoported app. It´s seems we could try to make Appradio to think that we have download a soported app from appstore and declare in Appradio. The appradio.app using a number code for each new sopported aplicaction you have in appradio.app. So, can we try to declare an unssoported app like if it was a sopported app???? 

Just trying to help, but if what i´m doing is a nonsense just let me know, i have no idea about programming.

Adrian, Do u know how can i edit the files without extensions in appradio.app???? for example, there is a file called Appradio but it has no extension. I cant edit it with plist editor. When try to pen it with "text" editor, i can see some part of the code reference to UIBACKGROUND but the most part of the code is indescriptible.

I´ve modified what told yesterday but nothing happens, i supossed the way you did is the correct.

EDIT: This is what i was trying to explain, i found it in Itunesmetadata.plist:

<key>softwareVersionExternalIdentifiers</key>
    <array>
        <integer>3673630</integer>
        <integer>3819296</integer>
        <integer>3936035</integer>
        <integer>4454557</integer>
        <integer>4571810</integer>
        <integer>6743411</integer>
        <integer>7636391</integer>
        <integer>8068061</integer>
        <integer>9410327</integer>
        <integer>9669275</integer>
        <integer>10666256</integer>
        <integer>10899597</integer>
        <integer>11174293</integer>
        <integer>13483833</integer>
        <integer>13782032</integer>

It´s seems the identifier for sopported App from appstore, like NAVFREE, etc
Thinking about that i supposed Mike would have try all this thinks. Let´s me know if i can try something usseful, some dirty job ;)

EDIT2: Adrian, we can find jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist in appradio/library/references, and there are the sopported aplicactions we have installed in our iphones, try to declarate and unssoported app and see what happends????

In: Appradio/Library/Cache/RecommendedApps/appinfo.dat.

In this file we can see all the compatibles applications.

In  appradio/library/references/jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist

we see the compatibles aplications that we got installed in the iphone.

In: Appradio/Library/Cache/RecommendedApps/appinfo.dat.

In this file we can see all the compatibles applications.

In appradio/library/references/jp.pioneer.mbg.cargateway.carhome.plist

we see the compatibles aplications that we got installed in the iphone.

Good findings, I thought the .carhome file was going to have more code in it but it dosent seems like it, I would like to try adding the UIBackgrounmode into this file and see if it makes a difference, also try playing with the identities and see if you can get something out of it, just try with one of the unsupported apps and enter the external identifier if you know how to do it, and let me know what happens, I am tired now its 4am so no more testing until tomorrow...

Edit: although I think the iTunes metadata identifiers its like a link to the apps and description from iTunes, so it might be the list of supported apps that you can access from appradio, but we don't lose anything with try

• RonS locked this topic