AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Hi all, thanks for your hard work coding and searching for this project to be 100%.

Just wanted to tell you that i just updated my AR2 to 8.3.0 + Lighting AV + USB Lightning(at old 30 pin cable) with my iPhone 5 6.1.2 jailbroken, with AppRadio App 2.0.1

I understand the AR Extension only works with the AppRadio APP 1.8.2 so i haven't installed the old version, mainly just installed the HDMI and etc and wanted to see what was working. 

I don't remember if anybody stated their results with this setup, so here it is:

- Bluetooth MUST be paired in order for the Apps button and Pandora 

- I don't know why I'm able to mirror my iphone screen on the AR. (no touch supported, i know, even the extension doesn't support yet)

- Pandora is super laggy

This is all for now. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, I've tried the new 2.0 betas with both my iPhone 5 and 4 and it has great promise.  I managed to downgrade my 4 back to 5.1.1, but now I can't find the ios 5 versions of AppExt on cydia or on here.  Any help with getting the latest IOS 5 version would be appreciated.

It's still available on the BigBoss repo. Requires v1.8.2 of the AppRadio app.

Hey guys Ive been out of the loop for a while so I am not familiar with what can be done with this setup and an i5. I know what cables and all need to be used but am not clear on the software compatibility. Can someone clear this up for me? What version of AppRadio app with which version of AppEx and what the progress is? I have my AppRadio 2 in route and am eager to get this started. Thanks guys.

Hey guys Ive been out of the loop for a while so I am not familiar with what can be done with this setup and an i5. I know what cables and all need to be used but am not clear on the software compatibility. Can someone clear this up for me? What version of AppRadio app with which version of AppEx and what the progress is? I have my AppRadio 2 in route and am eager to get this started. Thanks guys.

Latest AppRadio app, AppEx in the first post, still no touch control. I recommend adding the repo to Cydia so you can keep up to date with the betas.

will quazar for the ipad work to replace backgrounder.  quazar can run on the iphone with a small tweak.

Basically anything that lets you view the AppRadio app on the head unit and another app on the iPhone.

For some reason the version on BigBoss seems to have disappeared?

I only see yours for the betas and the older 2.0 betas on oneyozfest182.

I managed to find a 2.01-1 beta that works with the 1.8.2 AppRadio on the net.

You have to remove the beta repo from Cydia to see the old version.

Mike,

Just to be clear:

Tomfoolery82, on 28 Feb 2013 - 04:06, said:snapback.png

will quazar for the ipad work to replace backgrounder.  quazar can run on the iphone with a small tweak.

Basically anything that lets you view the AppRadio app on the head unit and another app on the iPhone.

This is what he is talking about, check it out:

Mike,

Just to be clear:

Tomfoolery82, on 28 Feb 2013 - 04:06, said:snapback.png

This is what he is talking about, check it out:

It's very possible. Does anyone have an iPad to try it out? Or how do you get it on the iPhone?

I have an iPad 3, tell me what you need me to do/install etc and ill gladly try it out.

Neil.

Install Quasar

Plug the iPad into the head unit

Launch the AppRadio app

Launch another app

See if the AppRadio app stays on the head unit while you use the other app on your phone.

You may have to try changing some settings, never used Quasar before.

Edit: The description for the app says "Not compitable with iOS 6".

Edit 2: The dev is still working on the update.  Source

Quasar is almost done with iOS 6, he is testing it on his mini. I have put it on the iPhone in the past and a had success. On mac you use better zip to extract the .deb and then in the control file just remove the ipad dependency and it works. Just couldnt resize windows. the developer might even put in support for iphones in the iOS 6 version. But if not we can get it on there. Anybody with iOS 5 want to try. This one I modified to work with iPhone

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sxl7b80yvzs6loc/quasar.deb

Latest AppRadio app, AppEx in the first post, still no touch control. I recommend adding the repo to Cydia so you can keep up to date with the betas.

You have to remove the beta repo from Cydia to see the old version.

That did it.  Thanks for the help.  working perfectly on my 4S w/ 5.1.1, Appradio 1.8.2, and AppExt 2.0.1-1

Eagerly awaiting 6.0 to work.

Hey PinoeerGuy,

You can download 1.8.2 if you go to page 44

Mooooch

Thanks! Got the cracked version, installed AppSync and now I can ride in even more style with my apps in the radio!!! My only complaint is the lag time when touching or scrolling on the radio screen. Other than that, it's great!!

updated to beta 8 today lag on menu is no longer there for me,

does anyone else have the problem of when connected to bluetooth and siri is launched it automaticaly calls your own number?
If so is there a way to stop this besides turning bluetooth of (then works fine)

thanks

• RonS locked this topic