AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Ok, so I just picked up an AppRadio and installed it.  I was thrilled when I found out about AppEx, however I'm having troubles getting it to work.  I'm running a jailbroken 4s on 5.1.1 and an SPH-DA100 on 8.17.  When I do an install of AppEx from Cydia I get the Siri button (which works) but none of the unsupported apps appear.  When I do an install from the 1st page of this discusion I get the Siri button (which doesn't work) and icons for unsupported apps, but I can't launch them.  When I touch on an icon it blinks, but the apps never launch.

Has anyone encountered this problem or have any idea what I should do differently?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hy yeah i got same thing going its all working but most important thing to use your phone via the screen wont work

No touch support

Whats the latest

Cant we all donate some money to get a app created to jus have full control???.

Any ideas

appradio extensions do not support the newest version of the appradio app at the moment. for an iphone with ios 5.x you need appradio app version 1.8.2. - i think a link to this version is somewhere in this thread - and latest appradio extension from cydia.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

appradio extensions do not support the newest version of the appradio app at the moment. for an iphone with ios 5.x you need appradio app version 1.8.2. - i think a link to this version is somewhere in this thread - and latest appradio extension from cydia.

So I downloaded the 1.8.2 ipa and installed it.  When I launched it on the radio I have a Siri button, but none of the other icons show up.  The unsupported apps are toggled to on.  Any ideas?

Ok so i instaled that 2.02-42

WHich is 1.82 right i can tap to select the apps i want but thats it

Cant use the stereos screen to control the apps u get a hand with a red cross meaning unsupported

But i see one guy playing angry birds whats needed to work this

Ok so i instaled that 2.02-42

WHich is 1.82 right i can tap to select the apps i want but thats it

Cant use the stereos screen to control the apps u get a hand with a red cross meaning unsupported

But i see one guy playing angry birds whats needed to work this

1.8.2 refers to the version of the AppRadio app that you have installed on your phone.

Ok, so I just picked up an AppRadio and installed it.  I was thrilled when I found out about AppEx, however I'm having troubles getting it to work.  I'm running a jailbroken 4s on 5.1.1 and an SPH-DA100 on 8.17.  When I do an install of AppEx from Cydia I get the Siri button (which works) but none of the unsupported apps appear.  When I do an install from the 1st page of this discusion I get the Siri button (which doesn't work) and icons for unsupported apps, but I can't launch them.  When I touch on an icon it blinks, but the apps never launch.

Has anyone encountered this problem or have any idea what I should do differently?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Now I'm really confused. I down graded to 1.8.2 and removed AppEx so that I could do a fresh install. Now when I try to download from Cydia it tells me that it is dependent on iOS >=6. When I install off the link from the first page I only end up being able to display Siri, clock, and battery. If I touch Siri my phone crashes into safe mode. What am I doing wrong?

Mike, I really want to thank you for AppEx. Your dedication to the project when so many other developers would have given up. Your continued support of AppEx for those of us that use it is really remarkable. Thank you!

I've been using AppEx since I installed my AVH-X5500BHS in February. Every beta has made functionality better on my iPhone 4 (used as iPod / AppRadio while tethered to my iPhone 5's data connection via WiFi).

Here's an update for someone not on an AppRadio. My setup: AppEx 2.1.0_Beta8.deb from MikeDecaro.com/repo, iPhone 4 (6.1) running latest AppRadio 2.2.0 & AVH-X5500BHS.

I backed up the previous version of AppRadio with iExplorer in case the latest update was flawed. AppRadio 2.2.0 didn't break anything with AppEx (that I've been able to tell). If anything it feels more responsive and more forgiving if I exit apps and go back in. Sometimes it required me to end the AppRadio task and restart it.

Only problems are the ones that are already known. No touch support for unsupported apps. Netflix is great once you pick your movie from the iPhone. YouTube app doesn't rotate to landscape view. The only standout app I've used on the AppRadio is Waze. It's blown me away with how well it works. Some people couldn't get their music to play while using the navigation app. The key is to start your music with desired playlist or album / song shuffle and then go into AppRadio. From there you can control volume and track advance. On my car (with steering wheel controls) I can even control the mode of play (Pandora, iPod, Digital Radio and Bluetooth).

appex.jpg

Last thing, the "Buy Now" button went live on PioneerElectronics.com for the iPhone 5 CD-IV202AV cable kit. If anyone gets it, please report back :)

Update: Image of music controls from within AppRadio apps like Waze. Sorry if this is known to everyone but I just found out I could do it by accident after reading a lot of reviews in the App Store from people who ever having problems playing music and running AppRadio apps :)

waze_music.jpg

Hello, sorry to butt in but again, i've been following this thread for ages and i'm so so confused now. There are so many versions of appex and so many versions of the appradio app, I have truly lost track of what is going on.

Basically I have an iphone 4 that i am lucky enough to still have on 5.1.1 

I have held off from updating my appradio app on every new release.

Can someone now tell me if this is still the right thing to do.

Can i update my phone to ios 6 or does appex still not work with it ?

Can I update my appradio app to the latest version or will it not work with appex ?

What does the latest appradio app give you over the version im running (1.8.2) and is it worth it or am I better off staying with what I have (It works !)

Hopefully one of you clever buggers out there can answer my issues.

Thanks

1.8.2 refers to the version of the AppRadio app that you have installed on your phone.

Hi yh all works fine on my iphone ios6.12

Appex from pge one thanks mike

Adnd latest appradoap

Jus need touch support badly on unsupported apps

And maybe your phone to stay in potrait mod so u can text maybe while watching a movie in landscpe mode on the screen

Tv catchup google maps all work perfectly on the screen but then u realise. Have to go back to ur phone to change things dangerous stuff

Someone mentioned in this thread before that maybe you could do another thing on the phone while. In a un supported app or can u do thatlready

Keep up the good work guys

Head unit: AVH-X8500XBHS

AppRadio App: 2.2.0

AppRadio Extensions: beta8

Bypass: Yes

Iphone 5: v6.1

Hooked up my new radio today and having trouble getting app extensions to work. When iPhone is plugged in, I hit the appradio icon on the head unit and then I see the iphone screen mirrored on the radio.

1) Why is it mirrored? Aren't I supposed to see the list of unsupported apps I turned on in my settings.app? I *did* have DisplayOut installed but deleted that as I knew that would be a conflict.

2) when opening any apps on phone, the radio does not force landscape mode even though I have that turned on in app ext settings.

3) Pandora does not connect even though Bluetooth is correctly paired. This may or may not be appext related because I didn't test this before trying appext.

It seems like its working as if I just have DisplayOut installed but as I mentioned I uninstalled that and rebooted many times.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

I guess it helps to read the manual. I fixed it by setting the app connection settings to iphone (digital av).

The icons show up now when I go to appradio and I'm able to open up the unsupported apps.

Only main problem I'm having now is that when I open up a program like safari, it's really small on the head unit and still does not turn to landscape automatically. Maybe an inch space from top and bottom and few inches on each side.

YouTube plays video in this small space too. But other apps like standard Iphone videos and vevo correctly plays videos in full screen.

Does the small display have anything to so with the resolution and the fact I'm using hdmi cable instead of VGA?

For the convinience of IOS 5.1.1 users, I've uploaded a zip file with the latest AppRadio Extension supporting IOS 5.1.1 and unsupported app touchscreen functionality directly on the AppRadio  (appradioextensions_2.0.1-1.deb) and the AppRadio app compatible with that release (AppRadio-v1.8.2.ipa) ... Just to help people not reading 70 pages with over a 1000 posts like I did, to figure out how to make it work :shock:  The current build of the AppRadio Extension found in Cydia or the file found in the first post in this thread, wont work or install properly on 5.1.1... The link:

http://www.filedropper.com/appradioextfor511

Install the .ipa file using iFunBox via PC, install the .deb file by copying the file to 'var\mobile\Documents' (Using iFunBox) and install the .deb within the iPhone using the iFile applikation found in Cydia.

Hope this helps ... I had to restart my iPod after having installed AppRadio and Appradio Extension to get it to work...

Best regards,

Vic

So i get a red x with a finger when i try to use my iphone 5. i am using the newest appradio beta extensions, am i to understand that control of the apps is not supported? also how to i get them to not display so small, ive installed everything several times.

• RonS locked this topic