• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just released beta 15. It fixes a bunch of reported issues:

Notifications.

<snip>

NOTE:

I made some modifications to the touch calibration in this version as well. If anyone has issues with any device, let me know.

Hi Mike,

Here's what I've found with the latest version and my iPhone5. 

Notifications now work and they're really useful!

Unfortunately, calibration is now way-off.  Here's a list of places I've pressed and what actually registers.

• Top-left back button = fine
  • Top-right cancel button = doesn't register at all
  • Further down = presses are registering higher than I'm touching
  • shift key = q
  • z = w
  • x = e
  • c = e
  • v = r
  • b = r
  • n = t
  • m = t
  • backspace = y
  • 123 = a
  • keyboard selector (image of globe) = a
  • microphone = s
  • spacebar (depending on where you press) = s, d, f or g
  • search = h
Could you perhaps add some extra fields to the settings so that we can play with the offsets and values for the calibration?  It will save you having to try to work it all out blind.

I have issues with the calibration with the previous version of AppRadio Extensitions with AVH8400BT and iphone 4. I will report if the problem still exists ASAP.

Thanks for all your effort. Great application.

With the new version the calibration problems are still there.

In the left side of the application the calibration is OK, while in the right side is not. It seems that the rightest calibration values are outside the screen. Is it possible to add the calibration values as a manual option in the menu? With that change we can try many different configurations and help you to resolve the problem.

Hi Mike,

Here's what I've found with the latest version and my iPhone5. 

Notifications now work and they're really useful!

Unfortunately, calibration is now way-off.  Here's a list of places I've pressed and what actually registers.

attachicon.gifphoto.PNG

• Top-left back button = fine
  • Top-right cancel button = doesn't register at all
  • Further down = presses are registering higher than I'm touching
  • shift key = q
  • z = w
  • x = e
  • c = e
  • v = r
  • b = r
  • n = t
  • m = t
  • backspace = y
  • 123 = a
  • keyboard selector (image of globe) = a
  • microphone = s
  • spacebar (depending on where you press) = s, d, f or g
  • search = h
Could you perhaps add some extra fields to the settings so that we can play with the offsets and values for the calibration?  It will save you having to try to work it all out blind.

With the new version the calibration problems are still there.

In the left side of the application the calibration is OK, while in the right side is not. It seems that the rightest calibration values are outside the screen. Is it possible to add the calibration values as a manual option in the menu? With that change we can try many different configurations and help you to resolve the problem.

Yea, thats a good idea. The next version will have some extra fields in the settings. Sounds like it's just off by a multiplier. Thanks for the help.

for my 4s:

Navigon and 4oD both give me a warning that "external displays are not allowed with this app" on the headunit

bbc iplayer and itv player (uk apps) both give me full screen playback

i have not turned anything on in "forced mirroring" but turning these apps on makes no difference with the warning, its like there already on without turning the apps on (in the forced mirroring settings list)

all icons are now showing and going back to appmenu is now sweet

again not complaining just reporting, and i dont even use Navigon or 4oD so its no loss to me ;)

Same thing here, Mike. Calibration is a little more off than before. It does seem to get further off the more you move toward the right side of the screen. iPhone5 and Z150.

I wonder though…if the calibration is not off in the same place across the screen, would putting manual calibration settings in the app really help? Like you said, it seems to be some sort of multiplier. If that part was figured out though, manual settings would be awesome, to fine tune it. May take some of the workload off of you.

Here is the test build for the iPhone 5. The multiplier values are at the bottom of the settings screen. Make small increments around 1.0. Also, landscape and portrait may react differently to these values so test one orientation at a time. Numbers that work in one orientation may not work in the other.

** The black bars are disabled in this version to prevent accidental off screen presses. **

AppEx_iPhone5_Test3.deb

The goal is to keep the touch location relative to your finger as you move around the screen, even if its not directly under your finger. I'm trying to prevent the issue where it gets farther away as you move in one direction.

Edit:

Three alerts should popup when you launch an app or press the Home button. Please let me know what they say. You may have to turn off notifications in the AppEx settings to see them.

Working great.  Phone app still freezing and leaving image on appradio screen, the black bars work and bring me back to the springboard on the phone but not the appradio.  Also the buttons on the same row of the keyboard as the spacebar sometimes don't recognize that I touched it.  Changing between numbers and letters is tough cause of this. I noticed sometimes AppRadio Ex notifications stay on the screen for quite a while. Also when I launch the music app sometimes it stays vertical but rotated on the phone, I have to close it and open it again and works perfectly.  Also if i touch and notification on the springboard it doesn't recognize the touch.  (This is normal notification not the appradio ex notifications.  Video to come soon.

Mike is there a way you can put the Siri Icon on the springboard?  Oh yeah Siri is a little buggy for me to.  The bluetooth connection is a little slow. I'll include it in the video.

Soundscape works perfectly for me except I might have a stoke while driving at night.

Thanks Mike everyone thinks I have the tightest out there in my car.  Keep up the good work.

4s ios 6.1.2 appradio 2 FW 8.17 newest app.

• RonS locked this topic