AVIC411.com

AppRadio Extensions 2.0 Beta - Full iPhone control

Yeah....this version is basically unusable to me. The last version using an iphone 5 on appradio 2 was almost perfect, only minor calibration issues. This one is WAAAY off. Pressing the center of the space bar in messages, for example, triggers the "Q" button. That's literally all I can get. It's worse the further I go.

For now I downgraded to the old version, but man I really liked the notifications finally working. lol

Good job so far and keep up the good work. I install Car audio for a living and I can't tell you how many pioneer units I sell just by recommending jailbreaking and installing this, and hopefully a few sending you some paypal love. lol

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beta 16 posted. Only difference is changes to calibration. If you are using an AppRadio with the iPhone 5, let me know how this version works. There are still issues with other head units (8400BT, Z150BH, etc). Still working on it.

I left the multipler settings there in case anyone with calibration issues wants to mess with the numbers.

hi, Mike.

I found 2 minor bugs after beta 13 or 14:

1)  If carmedia player was launched before connecting to appradio unit ("sleeping" in background) and than I'm launching it in appradio menu, the screen is black, but at screen of iphone carmedia player is launched, so I've to press play at iphone. (i dont know, maybe its not a problem of appex).

2) Usually i'm using only 2 apps, firs one is carmedia player and second is not supported navigation app in Russia called Yandex.Navigator (calibration with Y=0.9 is perfect by the way at iphone 5), so while this navigator is working if I press home button at appradio unit, I'll come to main menu of appradio, not to the appmode. Before beta 14or15 (don't remember exactly) I could touch left or right black area and came to menu of appmode.

Beta 16 posted. Only difference is changes to calibration. If you are using an AppRadio with the iPhone 5, let me know how this version works. There are still issues with other head units (8400BT, Z150BH, etc). Still working on it. I left the multipler settings there in case anyone with calibration issues wants to mess with the numbers.

Calibration seems basically perfect for me (iPhone 5), will have a tinker with the calibration settings when I get the chance. Cheers mike!

Mike I try to find the best X,Y calibration configuration for iphone 4 with AVH8400BT. Can you please explain me what exactly are the X and Y multipliers in order to not just ender random numbers?

Adjust in 10ths increments until you get it where you want it. For example from 1.0 to 0.9 or 1.1

X is up/down and Y is left/right

It's the X and Y of the iPhone screen. It's important to note that when the screen is rotated, the X and Y coordinate stay relative to the device (X is the short edge and Y is the long edge). 

On the head unit:

In portrait, X is left/right and Y is up/down.

In landscape, X is up/down and Y is left/right.

When testing, try to stick with one orientation.

Mike,

I worte you on Twitter. Really couldn't type much so decided to post here.  I have the newest beta installed on my Iphone 5 with IOS firmware 6.1.2 and Appradio 3 SPH-DA210.  

I was able to get the app to load without crashing but there is a lot of crashing going on.  With the extension running the radio appears to have no added features. This is my first appradio so I am not sure what to look for. I did go into the extensions settings and click unsportive apps on and played with the settings.

Let me know what I can do to help the progess of the appradio 3 working. 

• RonS locked this topic