AVIC411.com

AVIC Z1/Z2/Z3 Upgrade to 2012 TomTom Maps Released!

Hi guys maybe you can help me i am in the early stages of this mod. I used the service test disk on my z1 to unlock it and am not trying to create a backup wth acronis. but when i connect it to my computer with a ide to usb adapter it is not recognized, even when i restart it with it in there. please help me i have no idea what to do thanks.

Either it's a problem with your IDE adapter or it did not unlock. Are you connecting a power supply for the drive? It will not power up from the USB alone. Also, please do not double/triple post the same issue in multiple threads. I have deleted the multiple posts. Thx!

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest alexk403

Either it's a problem with your IDE adapter or it did not unlock. Are you connecting a power supply for the drive? It will not power up from the USB alone. Also, please do not double/triple post the same issue in multiple threads. I have deleted the multiple posts. Thx!

No im not connecting a power supply didn't even think of that because it is 2.5 inch which are usually bus powered. Anyways how would I go about supplying power to it with a standard usb ide adapter? I dont see how it can be powered

No im not connecting a power supply didn't even think of that because it is 2.5 inch which are usually bus powered. Anyways how would I go about supplying power to it with a standard usb ide adapter? I dont see how it can be powered

2.5" IDE to USB adapters typically come with a power supply adapter. Like this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812232002

Yes i have one that is the same exact box and pieces just different logo. But that power adapter connects to the silver 4 pins or it can be converted into sata. I feel like an idiot but how am i supposed to connect that to the hard drive?

I don't use a USB adapter, but I did look up the directions and power should come from the USB port. A couple of potential problems come to mind.

1. Drive did not unlock

2. USB port not high power to power up the drive. Can you hear the drive spin up?

3. Is the drive connected correctly to the USB adapter?

4. Is the USB adapter defective?

Good Luck!

Guest alexk403

I don't use a USB adapter, but I did look up the directions and power should come from the USB port. A couple of potential problems come to mind.

1. Drive did not unlock

2. USB port not high power to power up the drive. Can you hear the drive spin up?

3. Is the drive connected correctly to the USB adapter?

4. Is the USB adapter defective?

Good Luck!

Alright thanks for your input i tested it with another hard drive and of course it did not recognize it. so the thing is broken, just bought it brand new from microcenter still sealed up too. but i have the 2.5 to 3.5 directly to go in the motherboard coming tomorrow so that should definitely work. thanks.

First, big thanks go to the two kind seeders out there... I'm getting about 172.5 kB/s over BT and my download should be finished in about ten hours. I've been waiting patiently for this update so a few more hours is no big deal. This will be my third update as my AVIC began as a Z1 unit and each update, thanks to this site, has gone flawlessly! I look forward to updating as soon as this download finishes.

I'd like to take a moment to give serious thanks to garretttoomey... with each update I don't feel "left behind" as this AVIC ages. And, with the original investment paid, I'm glad to keep this unit going... keep up the good work!

Other than updating the maps and a few other "tweaks", does this upgrade include any downgrades, safety or otherwise?

Can anyone confirm that the gps direction voice stays the same, and that none of the services, etc. are limited, for safety or other reasons?

My last update was the 2010.