AVIC411.com

2012 US/CAN Maps - CNSD-310FM/UC upgrade (updated to supereasymethod - beta)

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just upgraded from Z130bt to Z140bt.

Took me about an hour to figure out why the upgrade wasn't loading after following the above directions.

For some reason the CARDINFO.cif file wasn't compatible with the Z130bt.

You need to replace it with the CARDINFO.cif file from

http://avic411.com/i...105#entry238040

Thank you for that!! I had the same issue on my originally z110bt upped to z130bt. couldnt get it to load after following the directions to the T. Replaced with this CARDINFO and viola it sees the card and its in progress. Thank you, Pionara, and everyone else that contributes here!

Pionara, did you ever get my message about this upgrade? I haven't gotten mine to work in almost 2 months. Any ideas on why it won't work?

No offense but I get tons of PMs from folks who did not really research or read the threads completely, usually asking me about things which have already been covered in the thread. So I delete alot of pm's without response.

Read back through this entire thread, and look at the EU version in the F series hacks/mods.

Basically, you need to kick your unit out of upgrade mode and try again, but with redownloaded, reunzipped/etc, and reformmated sd card.

Several folks have been having problems with corrupt downloads, funky unzipping programs (example: that dont unzip empty folders?!), or bad sd cards.

Thanks for everyone's work on this, I just updated my X930BT using the supereasymethod to Application version 4.01 this morning.

I'm really glad for the extra Android compatibility.

I almost feel sorry for the guy that sold me this 930 cheap so that he could get a 940 because he wanted better Android integration.

Hi All,

I just successfully performed the upgrade on my x930bt and happy with the results. I noticed a big improvement with the Nav POI list. My old firmware couldn't identify even the most popular business in my area. The x940bt software finds it all. Thank you for the update!!

I did have 1 issue along the way and wanted to share my experience to help others:

1. I followed the instruction and started the load. (I used at PC running Windows 7 not a MAC)

2. I saw the "Begin Update" so I pressed Yes. The system rebooted immediately after.

3. The splash screen came up then I got "Incorrect SD card" error message....all day long.

4. I tried reformatting (FAT 32) my SD card and reloading the Update, Firmware and CardInfo file with no help. I was starting to sweat bullets.

5. THE FIX - I downloaded 7-Zip and extracted the 2012 Update.rar file using 7-Zip instead of my Window 7 Extract Express program and placed it back on my SD card. Worked perfect!

I guess not all extraction programs are made the same.

Hope my experience can help someone out someday. Good Luck!

No offense but I get tons of PMs from folks who did not really research or read the threads completely, usually asking me about things which have already been covered in the thread. So I delete alot of pm's without response.

Read back through this entire thread, and look at the EU version in the F series hacks/mods.

Basically, you need to kick your unit out of upgrade mode and try again, but with redownloaded, reunzipped/etc, and reformmated sd card.

Several folks have been having problems with corrupt downloads, funky unzipping programs (example: that dont unzip empty folders?!), or bad sd cards.

I completely understand that you probably just ignore a lot....which is why I included so much in my message.  I've literally researched every thread I can find on here.  I've downloaded the file from 3 separate sources, switched 3 different SD cards, tried both mac and PC, and can't seem to get it to work.  Each time I've had to manually get it out of upgrade mode.  I've given up at this point because I'm convinced there has to be something wrong with the unit itself.  And the fact that its showing 2012 splash screen is even more screwed up.  Any thoughts from there?

Thanks!

So just to be clear there is no possible way to upgrade just the maps without the firmware?  I love the VR POI and Address.  I use it all the time.  I must just have one of those voices that it recognizes.  I have a Z120bt with the  CNSD-210FM, I got from you amazing guys and or gals.  I would really love the newer maps but not the feature destroying firmware. When I did CNSD-210FM I noticed I upgraded them separately (maps and firmware).  This one seems like its just one fail swoop, slam bam, thank you ma'am, leave $20 on the nightstand, its all done.  I think if I have to choose Ill stick with 2011 Maps, over a half working head unit with slightly better maps.  But if I can have both that would be a great Valentine gift to my lovely Excursion.  What is the verdict?

Hi! Would love to download the upgrade but it appears there are no seeds for the TPB torrent. I've had it up leeching for a few days and I'm still at 0%.

Is there a static place to download the file? 

Or should I just wait a while until a seed appears?

Just found you guys. Thanks for all the hard work!:)

Succesfully updated my AVIC F30BT with the EU version. Everything went smoothly. Thnx for the post!

Hello sorry if I ask you.

I have your same unit, and I'm using it in Italy.

Could you tell me the version of Update to download right?

I do not want to make mistakes difficult to repair.

Thank you very much.

Bye and sorry for my bad English.

I just updated my Z120BT with the instructions provided (and reading the complete thread) and had no issues.

I then proceeded to update my X930BT in my daily driver, and again had no problems.

Thanks for providing the information.

Ian