AVIC411.com

Garret 2mey's Z3 Drives...ARE AWESOME

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garret was fast to ship and has been great to communicate with..

i bought his drive and still have it. i had a d3 which i ended up getting a F series. i was about to get the z, but pioneer worked out a deal with me on the F

so.. end of story.. anyone in the Toronto area or Durham, i have the drive still in the shipping package from Garret up for grab's..

PM me if anyone is interested.

Hey guys...just wanted to let everyone know that it was a pleasure dealing with Garret. Personally I communicated with him through his email address, and he was always quick to reply. My paypal transactions had some issues and with Garret's help we were able to quickly resolve them. He shipped same day and I got my drive as scheduled with no issues. Plus I got to reuse the packaging for storing the old hard drive away. Installation was not a problem, especially if you are already used to working with hard drives & I didn't even need to use the instructions. And no, I didn't strip the screws 8)

So Just to clarify, If I buy your HD and put it in my Z2, I have to do NOTHING else right? Just load my music in it, right?

Also, for all you guys who are stripping out screws, try a #0 phillips like someone mentioned, but also, before trying to remove the screws, give them a slight turn to the right (tighten). I do this on alot of cars' screws that use locktite. It breaks the screw free from the locktite, and you can unscrew it very easy without stripping the head. Keep in mind you don't need to tighten it much at all, just turn to the right until you feel it move the slightest bit, then back it out. VOILA! :) HTH

So Just to clarify, If I buy your HD and put it in my Z2, I have to do NOTHING else right? Just load my music in it, right?

That's it, just install and it will upgrade the firmware the first time you turn it on (takes about 2 minutes), then it is a like a brand new Z3 just off the shelf.

Garret was fast to ship and has been great to communicate with..

i bought his drive and still have it. i had a d3 which i ended up getting a F series. i was about to get the z, but pioneer worked out a deal with me on the F

so.. end of story.. anyone in the Toronto area or Durham, i have the drive still in the shipping package from Garret up for grab's..

PM me if anyone is interested.

still up for grab's

Another satisfied customer of Garret Toomey's. I purchased his 60g hard drive with the Z3 maps on a Saturday and I received it the next business day. Start to finish was fifteen minutes to swap out my Z2 drive. Everything works perfectly. I would highly recommend Garret's HD vs. Pioneer's 3-4 hour DVD upgrade. For the same price as the DVD's, you get a 60g hard drive, Z3 maps, tools, instructions and all the questions you may have answered by Garret. I would not hesitate to purchase from him again. He answered all my questions within hours (sometimes minutes). Try that with Pioneer customer service.

Had a very positive experience with Garret. I didn't want to ship my HDD and wait for a new one, so I sent him a deposit. I got the HDD from him very quickly...he even included the tool to remove the HDD. Took me about 5 min to install once I finally got around to it. Sent him my old HDD back and he issued me a refund for my deposit very quickly! Thanks again Garret!

couple questions (looked on the first page, nobody asked).

What are the benefits of the Z3 over Z1?

Have they implemented Sirius Traffic yet?

Is the Ipod add-on quicker?

Are the graphic interfaces any different/quicker?

Any new nav voices?

Thanks in advance, I hate when people ask questions that have already been answered so I apologize if I did.