AVIC411.com

x950bh AppRadio not working

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Great.  However, why can't this unit run the iPod source mode along with AppRadio mode?  Why is it that I need to use the CarMediaPlayer app?  Is the audio still bluetooth streaming from the phone to the head unit?  I thought the CD-IH202 cable carried the iPod controls and audio like the old 30-pin days.  Is this not the case anymore?

This thing should be called CrappRadio.  I did the update today and
cannot tell you how unimpressed I am with this.  Why the Ipod controls has
to be an app is absolutely ridiculous.  Takes forever to get this thing
going.  Between all the connecting and allowing it is very
cumbersome.  I find myself constantly restarting the AppRadio app on the
phone since it gets stupid when too many things are running and constantly
hitting allow.  Now I know there is a jailbreak (I think) to remove this
allow screen but I'll have to investigate it more.

Once it is running, however, only half of the apps I loaded on the phone
actually work.

1. Car Media Player – Works
  2. CommuteWX – Works but no animated radar
  3. Inrix – Works (but flakey sometimes)
  4. Waze – Works (can be flakey too)
  5. iHeart Radio – needs input from phone and doesn’t
    resize properly
  6. MotionX – only works from phone – not head unit
  7. Car Browser – flashes for a sec and goes away –won’t run
  8. Best Parking – only works on phone – doesn’t show on head unit
  9. Calendar – works
  10. Maps – works

Note that location services need to be on for some of these
apps to work and Pandora and aHa work as a source under MODE.  How I wish the damn iPod functions worked as
a source under MODE.  I may sell the iPhone
5 and switch back to a 30-pin cable to use with my iPod Touch 4th
Gen. and forget about this.  I’ll give it
a few more weeks to see if there is another update to correct some of this junk
but I’m really pissed off for spending money on the phone and waiting for this
crap to be released.  I wanted to get
cutting edge technology I guess and I all got was cut!

Iheart is useless for me. It doesn't resize and looks zoomed in too much.

Waze is working ok.

Motion x doesn't work at all. It won't resize or display info.

Media player works fine, but is the cheapest, crappiest design ever in my opinion.

Nav free doesn't work and I think that was the app pioneer claimed was holding up the release.

I haven't tried other apps, but am so far very unimpressed.

2. Works for me.

5. Works for me.

6. Limitation of app, not radio.

7. Works for me.

8. Works for me

These may be symptoms of incorrect update process. Try the update process again. Good luck.

Incorrect update process?  Not quite following.  Re-update w/iTunes and sync?

Also, you're usiing the AppRadio 2 if I recall.  Do you think that would make a difference vs. these nav units with Appradio built in?  I know they have different firmware updates for the appropriate head unit.

PS:  Did you mention something about jailbreaking to get rid of the allow prompt?

Thanks.

I am referring to the firmware update. Try it again.

And yes I do have an AR2. Similar issues have been reported with the AR2 if the update process is not done correctly.

If you jailbreak your device and install App Radio Extensions it will remove the allow prompt.

I am referring to the firmware update. Try it again.

And yes I do have an AR2. Similar issues have been reported with the AR2 if the update process is not done correctly.

If you jailbreak your device and install App Radio Extensions it will remove the allow prompt.

Well I did check the version info before and after it was v.1.00 and then it became v.1.03 but I guess I can run it again to see if that will help.

PS:  My iPhone 5 is still at iOS 6.1 (I won't update to v.6.1.3).  I should be able to jailbreak it???  Also, where can I d/l the AR extensions?  Sorry for the noob questions but I'm not an iOS guy and this is my first go around with this.

Thanks.

Great. However, why can't this unit run the iPod source mode along with AppRadio mode? Why is it that I need to use the CarMediaPlayer app? Is the audio still bluetooth streaming from the phone to the head unit? I thought the CD-IH202 cable carried the iPod controls and audio like the old 30-pin days. Is this not the case anymore?

You could always use this cable instead, with a 30 pin to lightning adapter. No Appradio, but it looks like that's not so hot anyways. And you get the iPod in the source menu.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IU201V

You could always use this cable instead, with a 30 pin to lightning adapter. No Appradio, but it looks like that's not so hot anyways. And you get the iPod in the source menu.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/Accessories/iPod-and-iPhone-Cables/CD-IU201V

I may go this route if App Radio Mode still performs the way it is now.  I'm sick and tired of constantly having to constantly re-pair, kill running apps, unplug the phone (lightning adapter), hitting allow (haven't JB w/AR Extensions yet), etc. to get this phone to connect.  Everytime I shut the car off and turn it back on, I have to go through 90 steps just to get the head unit to recognize the phone again.  Very annoying.  I think the jailbreak part with AR extensions is only going to solve half of the issues because in addition to the allow thing, it doesn't always launch the AR app on it's own.  Ii have to initiate it from tthe phone itself and the way I have it all mounted is hidden in the glove box.  i don't want the phone on a stand next to the HU.

VBLUE42-  I tried to re-install the firmware update and I am still getting the same results with the apps I listed in the previous post.  Some work and some don't.  Maybe that remedy worked with the AR2 but unfortunately it didn't help for AR within these NAV units.  Oh well...  I'm hoping for a future update from either the app vendors or Pioneer (not sure who at this point).

Well I can tell you that I have owned all high end navis from Pioneer and Kenwood sense 2006 ending with the Z120BT and the DNX 9960 and they all had stubborn issues like you are describing. And there are loads of post on this forum and Kenwood forums of similar issues for follow up units. Although the AR2 is not perfect it is very close. I rarely have a stubborn issue that causes me to find a workaround or causes me to do something a second time to get it to work. I certainly recommend swapping the unit you have now for an AR2. You will get more capabilities, better options of each capability, and save a lot of money.

At this point, I may just go back to the 30-pin connector and use the old standalone iPod for music.  This technology is not ready for prime time.  I'll give it a few more weeks with jailbreaks, etc. but I don't want to give that company another dime.  If they managed to get most of the AR2 up and running, why not these NAV head units?  They too are running AR so it doesn't make sense unless the firmware is REALLY THAT DIFFERENT between the two and they just need to catch up with the NAV verisons.  eBay is starting to look like the way out for me (if need be).