AVIC411.com

Pioneer just tweeted about carplay

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's kinda' where I'm coming from. When I hear someone pipe up like that now, I can't help but think, "Dude...seriously. Just shut up." Some people need to get lives and re...effing...LAX. :)

Good advice, and some you should definitely take for yourself, too. Hopefully CarPlay will soothe all that anger you have and make us all happy campers.

Carplay's hopefully going to ease a lot of pain. God I hate Appradio.

I may be in the minority here, because I don't really don't see what the fuss is all about. I've got a system down that takes most of the pain out of using AppRadio Mode. Why do you hate it so vehemently?

Carplay's hopefully going to ease a lot of pain. God I hate Appradio.

Based on the little I've used it, I hate it too. Giving credit to Pioneer, though, they've been trying to make two different worlds work together, with (likely) no support from Apple (until now) or Google (until recently). I'm glad both companies have gotten involved. Both look like VERY good first-stab solutions. It should only get better from here.

Hopefully CarPlay will soothe all that anger you have and make us all happy campers.

...says the person who advised that he was frustrated with Pioneer. 

Shhhh....wait wait hold up....what's that I hear?!  Is that the sound of the coffee calling the kettle black?!

hypgauge2.gif

I may be in the minority here, because I don't really don't see what the fuss is all about. I've got a system down that takes most of the pain out of using AppRadio Mode. Why do you hate it so vehemently?

Reliability. I'm spoiled to be honest. My iPhone works and does its job 100% of the time. Pioneer Appradio is more 75%. Mind you, the new Appradio live app alleviates most of my headaches, but it's still glitchy. See Appradioworld and their latest review of the app. I agree with their complaints.

Mainly Carplay is what I always hoped Appradio mode would be.

Reliability. I'm spoiled to be honest. My iPhone works and does its job 100% of the time. Pioneer Appradio is more 75%. Mind you, the new Appradio live app alleviates most of my headaches, but it's still glitchy. See Appradioworld and their latest review of the app. I agree with their complaints.

Mainly Carplay is what I always hoped Appradio mode would be.

That's what I'm hoping as well. With Apple running the software side of things, hopefully the iPhone will be able to communicate with the head unit a bit more seamlessly, and allow for smoother functioning and a better experience running things like music and navigation simultaneously.

For as vocal as I've been concerning my displeasure with AppRadio mode, I still mostly don't hold the guys at Pioneer responsible.  They provided a solution as best they could, taking into account the Apple doesn't want to let anyone control the phone without actually interfacing with the phone.  (Hence, all of the restarts and requests for permissions.)  Just because the iPhone is Apple's sandbox doesn't mean that AppRadio couldn't have been better than it was, if given the opportunity to fully play in the sandbox.

Now Pioneer's not fixing Car Media Player to where I couldn't use hard keys to skip forward and backwards on the AVH series, forcing me to bring Car Media Player to the forefront every time I wanted to skip songs?  They're still on my s^&tlist for that.

That's all.  Carry on . . . 

For as vocal as I've been concerning my displeasure with AppRadio mode, I still mostly don't hold the guys at Pioneer responsible.  They provided a solution as best they could, taking into account the Apple doesn't want to let anyone control the phone without actually interfacing with the phone.  (Hence, all of the restarts and requests for permissions.)  Just because the iPhone is Apple's sandbox doesn't mean that AppRadio couldn't have been better than it was, if given the opportunity to fully play in the sandbox.

Now Pioneer's not fixing Car Media Player to where I couldn't use hard keys to skip forward and backwards on the AVH series, forcing me to bring Car Media Player to the forefront every time I wanted to skip songs?  They're still on my s^&tlist for that.

That's all.  Carry on . . .

Waze is the most reliable app I have for my Appradio. I can't say the same thing about the Appradio app itself. The system needs the app used to switch between apps to be reliable. That it isn't is the center of most of my anger towards Appradio.