AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Just a quick question. I am installing the bypass on my d3 and have the bluetooth unit. I am installing on an 03 suburban. Was wondering if moving the mute wire will affect my bluetooth? If so where can i get a new connector with wire to plug into the spot where the mute wire would be moved to? Any help would be great.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick question. I am installing the bypass on my d3 and have the bluetooth unit. I am installing on an 03 suburban. Was wondering if moving the mute wire will affect my bluetooth? If so where can i get a new connector with wire to plug into the spot where the mute wire would be moved to? Any help would be great.

No, the bluetooth unit interacts with the D3 only over the IPBUS cable, It doesn't use the mute wire.

This is probably a very stupid question..but I understand how to move the mute wire...BUT how do you "ground that and the other wire? I know the mute wire is placed into the new hole...but is there some sort of "other" wire that is also placed in that same hole, and then bolted to a screw somewhere???? Can someone explain in detail the "grounding" process?

Thanks,

Krazy

• 4 weeks later...

Of course its possible, just follow the instructions. And don't ground the speed sense, just follow the instructions like thousands of other people

I was wondering if the bypass is still possible to do after the unit is completely installed? Also would I remove the speed sensor wire and ground that after doing the bypass?

Thanks

I know for a fact that you did something wrong. They are all bypassable exactly the same way

Everyone..I have a D3 with a manufactured date of OCT 2007. I know for a fact that the wiring was done properly, and I have also tried resetting the unit. Any idea what those of us with the more recently producted units, can do about the bypass?

I have the D-3 and had the installer install the module that keeps the Onstar and steering wheel buttons working. When I went into try to do the bypass I noticed that the RCA harness isn’t even used. So I skipped the part about moving the mute white since I assumed it wasn’t even an option. So I went ahead and grounded the parking brake, now the menu states that the parking brake is on but after going faster than like 5-10mph the screen goes blank giving me a message about driving while watching is unsafe. What am I missing since there is no option to move the mute wire?

You're missing the RCA harness. Get it, move the wire, stick it in the D3, ground the wire, you're done. Just like the instructions say

I have the D-3 and had the installer install the module that keeps the Onstar and steering wheel buttons working. When I went into try to do the bypass I noticed that the RCA harness isn’t even used. So I skipped the part about moving the mute white since I assumed it wasn’t even an option. So I went ahead and grounded the parking brake, now the menu states that the parking brake is on but after going faster than like 5-10mph the screen goes blank giving me a message about driving while watching is unsafe. What am I missing since there is no option to move the mute wire?