AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Hey guys, i recently also got this unit. Question is, i did the bypass, i can watch DVD's while driving and use my Navigation while driving also. Only thing is, my screen wont show the IPOD video's i'm playing. The sound and everything works, but then the screen is empty. Can you guys please help out? Do i need to upload those vids to my ipod with a special codec?\

Thanks a million

Joey

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another "it works" to add here. Just finished installing my D3 on a 1999 Toyota Landcruiser. Wired up the VSS properly, grounded the unit itself to a screw to the stereo brackets (verified grounded), and hooked the illumination wire, mute and parking brake all to the harness ground. Yes, I know I could have grounded all of those together to one spot, but it was surprisingly convenient to do what I did. No illumination wire was part of the harness and I don't know where I might pick up the right signal, but I still may work on finding a spot to hook it up in the future.

Bluetooth module arrives in a couple days so I'll be adding that!

Just installed last night in a 98 Honda Accord Coupe. Not working - I will double check all connections tonight and update, but as it stands, I'm pretty confident that everything is connected correctly.

Manufacture Date: June 2007

Is there a firmware patch or downgrade?

Or is there a different method for newer units?

It is working!!

When I pulled the unit, the yellow mute wire was not clipped into the harness. It must of popped or yanked out of the harness when I originally installed the unit.

Reseated the mute wire installed Sirius and iPod -

Parking break warning gone - DVD, NAV, and AUX video are now all functional while in motion.

Thanks AVIC 411 users!

The AVIC-D3 has been installed (plus the Bluetooth and USB interfaces)... when Pioneer can ship the iPod cable I will have my iPod 80GB installed in the Brodit active cradle as well.

The DVD bypass works well for the April unit.

Voice command for navigation is somewhat late and Bluetooth audio will not work! The USB is ok - but I did expect a better user interface for this $4000 system!

I still need to find a CAN-BUS interface with analog output for speed and reverse signals... anyone?

post-10197-12872752775711_thumb.jpg

Hey everyone! Just signed up to say thanks to whoever posted this DIY.

At first I had some issues with it disabling video going over 15m/20k/h and I found out I had a bad connection for the mute wire. This worked on model built May/07.

Thanks agian.

i just tried the bypass on my 06 rsx-s and was wondering if i did the bypass correctly it the parking brake indicator on the dash should illuminated?

No that means you grounded the parking brake wire in your car. You're supposed to ground the parking brake wire coming out of the AVIC, as well at the mute wire that was relocated.

And for furture reference, don't put the same post in multiple threads.

Did you not install this yourself, and now you're trying to do the bypass? If so, whoever installed it for you probably hooked up the parking brake wire to the one in your car.

What you have to do is :

1) Disconnect the parking brake wire from where it is tapped into your vehicle.

2) Move the mute wire to the correct location in the harness.

3) Ground both of them.