AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

I have a D3 manufactured in April and it works
I just got a d3 and was wondering if there was any truth to the post where the guy said the most recent produced units cant be bypassed? This one was manufactured date of April 2007.i saw alot of peeps list a date of march 2007. my real question is has anyone else got an april 2007 unit that they have bypassed ? and did it work?

MOD EDIT: Fixed your post.

Thxs doom! i am doing the mod tonight ill post my results soon. Hopefully it will be good hehe!

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

did this just as post shows and works like a charm(mfd april 2007) The d3 is an amazing unit for the money, it sounds 100 times better to me then my old alpine 9855.Never could get the alpine to sound the way i like. I love this units combination of features.maybe pioneer will release an add on hd tuner hehehe. thnxs for the excelent post and to others here who have helped with my questions.

I am getting mine installed Friday. the guy that is doing it just got mine in today. Does anyone know any truth to the newer units not working. Guess I will just try and see what happens. Also is there any chance that this will effect the product later down he road? Thanks

unfortunately, my store recently hooked up an avic-d3 and it also wouldn't let us bypass it. we are trying to put it in an 05 dodge magnum. i believe it is the newer units that will not allow you to bypass them. i put one in an 05 ford mustang in january and it allowed me to bypass it, but the one we tried to put in the magnum a week ago or so, wouldn't allow us to. so i'm not sure what the deal is, like i said though, i think the newer ones will not allow you to.

well that's odd, i'm not sure when this one was manufactured, we'll probably pull it out and look at it. i just find it wierd that this one is not bypassing when the other one (which i wired the exact same way) bypassed perfectly!

well that's odd, i'm not sure when this one was manufactured, we'll probably pull it out and look at it. i just find it wierd that this one is not bypassing when the other one (which i wired the exact same way) bypassed perfectly!

The manufacture date is on the unit and on the box. as far as i know there is no difference in manufacture date as to weather it works or not. if you look at the post on page nine of this review by Crusader he claims that....

..."OK - you monkeys all realize that Pioneer performed a specification change that prevents the "mute wire bypass" from working on the later machines ... right? I'm an installer. I've been doing this work for 20+ years, so I kinda know what I'm talking about. When these Pio HDU's were initially released, the bypass worked perfectly. A few months down the road, we started to see things change. When the vehicle was driven, the picture would go out. When the vehicle came to a stop, the picture would come back on. When the nav sysyem senses that the vehicle is in motion, it cuts off the picture.

What this means is this ... if you have a fairly new machine, the "move the mute wire & ground it and also ground the parking brake wire" method will not work.

I do not know the date break for the change.

At this point, I am not aware of an alternate bypass method"

But if you look at the post date of april 20 it would seem that either he is a moron or that he was lying or it must be something pioneer may have planned. Because i have april manufactured unit along with others and they all work fine bypassed. So if on april 20 he had really experienced this then ours probably would not have been bypassable. point is if its not working your prolly not doing something right or may not understand the exact meaning of one or more of the proceders?

Anyone with newer manufacture date then april please confirm your date and your result so we can see if this guys claim holds water! personally i cant see how its only june3 today so unless it just started in may then it isnt true.

OK, I will admit. I am nervous that I have one of the dreaded "new" D3's (Manufacture date May '07). I am hoping the dude is just full of crap though. I am a total novice at car audio, but I am going to attempt the bypass myself.

Best Buy will be installing the following on my '07 4Runner:

D3, bluetooth phone kit, iPod cable, and rear-view camera, and the steering wheel audio control adapter.

Please someone tell me a success story on a May '07 model!

I will let everyone know how it goes.

OK, I just had my D3 installed with a bypass done by a professional (I don't do wiring) The unit tells me that the parking brake wire is installed incorrectly, OK, fine, and plays DVDs when stationary, but when I start to drive the car it gives the me warning screen about not having moving pics while driving. So, bad bypass vs. new unit issue? Manufactured March 07. How could it know I'm moving if it's not a new unit?

sup... new to the board here.

Anyway here's some info

Hack not working on D3 manufactured in May '07

Will not play DVD at all with hack. Message "Viewing from front seat is strictly prohibited". I am pretty meticulous about mods and encountered no problems performing it. Switched pins and grounded yellow/black and grounded the brake wire. FTR the pin slid out fine and snapped firmly in place in its new position. I get this message even when standing still. Did reset too.

'07 xterra

Any ideas or am I SOL???

"Always a day late dollar short"