AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

New to the board....

I don't seem to have the same harness as everyone else here on the board. I saw that someone else had mentioned that their installer said their harness looked different. Mine doesn't have the extra mute line you all are talking about and it doesn't have an empty pin location. I ordered my d3 from crutchfield. Is it possible that they swapped the harness out with their own?

Thanks!

there are two harnesses...one has all the power/speaker wires/parking brake/vss/etc...black plug which connects to the D3...

The other has a white plug...and has the RCAs and mute wire on it...that is the one where you need to move the mute wire to the pin above it...

When I initially got my D3, I was looking for the mute on the black harness...i rechecked the flash tutorial, and the first pic in this thread, and it steered me back on track...

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

quick question that was not touched on as far as I could see.

Will this bypass still work if the speed pulse and reverse wires are installed?

I didnt wire those up when I bought the unit cause I thought they mighta been another way for the unit to know I am driven.

Yeah, sorry about that. I mentioned that in the gallery but it cut off some of the text. :(

You need to ground the wire that is moved AND the green parking brake wire.

To ground: attach both wires to the big black ground wire. Then either attach that to the metal of your car (scrape off any paint) OR if your harness has a ground connection, you can cut off the spade connector and connect it there.

alright so you hook the mute wire and the green ground wire up to the big black ground wire, i didnt get my d3 yet , it comes on wed. So do you both the mute and green ground together and then put it to the black ground wire , and also is the ground wire the one that has the metal thing at the end or no cause i saw one on a pic that had a metal thing. please let me no

:lol:

OK - you monkeys all realize that Pioneer performed a specification change that prevents the "mute wire bypass" from working on the later machines ... right?

I'm an installer. I've been doing this work for 20+ years, so I kinda know what I'm talking about. When these Pio HDU's were initially released, the bypass worked perfectly. A few months down the road, we started to see things change. When the vehicle was driven, the picture would go out. When the vehicle came to a stop, the picture would come back on. When the nav sysyem senses that the vehicle is in motion, it cuts off the picture.

What this means is this ... if you have a fairly new machine, the "move the mute wire & ground it and also ground the parking brake wire" method will not work.

I do not know the date break for the change.

At this point, I am not aware of an alternate bypass method.

:lol:

OK - you monkeys all realize that Pioneer performed a specification change that prevents the "mute wire bypass" from working on the later machines ... right?

I'm an installer. I've been doing this work for 20+ years, so I kinda know what I'm talking about. When these Pio HDU's were initially released, the bypass worked perfectly. A few months down the road, we started to see things change. When the vehicle was driven, the picture would go out. When the vehicle came to a stop, the picture would come back on. When the nav sysyem senses that the vehicle is in motion, it cuts off the picture.

What this means is this ... if you have a fairly new machine, the "move the mute wire & ground it and also ground the parking brake wire" method will not work.

I do not know the date break for the change.

At this point, I am not aware of an alternate bypass method.

All this does is scare the people You have this same kind of risk any time you mod an electronic device. Take Xbox's for example. Early mods worked fine, then MS banned them. They found a way around, and MS kept trying.

And now with the 360, the DVD firmware hack could be detectable by MS and the machine banned again.

It's all cat and mouse. Pioneer wants to sell units. They don't care if you bypass it. Most all nav units can be bypassed by grounding the parking brake wire. So, until it happens, I wouldn't sweat it.

I don't know if this was mention within the last 130 post, but when doing the bypass make sure the wire is rotated 180 degree before putting it in the new position. rotating the wire will make the lock pin line up with the lock tab. If its not lock in it could get push out when you plug in the connector or make poor contact.

thanks avic 411 for the info.

I don't know if this was mention within the last 130 post, but when doing the bypass make sure the wire is rotated 180 degree before putting it in the new position. rotating the wire will make the lock pin line up with the lock tab. If its not lock in it could get push out when you plug in the connector or make poor contact.

thanks avic 411 for the info.

Yeah, it was mentioned. It's on the flash gallery tutorial. Thanks for reminding those that may have been having problems.