AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just had my d3 installed and the bypass performed. The bypass works because video will play while in motion. My question is whether or not it is normal that every time the unit starts up, a warning message comes up saying that the parking brake lead is not installed properly and then I have to touch "OK" to get through. The bypass does work but it is a pain to see this message every time the unit starts up and then having to press "ok" every time. If this is normal then I guess its worth it.

I did it, and it works great for me. One thing that happened as a bonus: the voice command no longer mutes my music to announce a turn. I really hated that before anyway. Now, she just talks over the music, which is great!

As far as the parking break error, I got that too. It sounds like the unit wasn't reset after performing the bypass. You'll never see that error message again if the mute wire is moved properly, and the ground at the parking break is secure. ALSO... if you can pull out your system, make sure the ground is secure behind the D3. If it's not, that will trigger the warning screen also.

i have VSS connected on my bypass. alll connections are soldered and grounded to the vehicle chassis ground in the factory harness.

everything works great. i get no parking break warnings.

thanks website.

so any hacks for the D3 backgrounds? the sticky on the hack page is for D1 and D2.

I have a few questions for the group. I installed my D3 personally with a little professional guidance. I also installed a kicker 200W amp, 8GA amp kit, Infinity 6.5 door speakers, and a 10.2 inch dvd monitor on the roof. One problem I've incountered is that I am getting engine noise in the speakers through the radio. I've checked the wires, tried a different RCA cable, changed my ground, changed fuses, and I'm still getting the sound. I hooked up a portable DVD player to through the audio outputs to my amp and the sound is great with out any background noise. Any suggestions before I return the Pioneer Navigation?

Next, I did not connect the parking brake wire, the VSS, or the mute to anything when I first hooked it up because I was under the impression if I just hooked my parking brake wire up to a hot 12V wire it would trick it into thinking the brake was engaged. I guess I was wrong. So I want to make sure I have this correct. Hook up the green parking brake wire and the yellow mute wire from the radio harness to the ground provided in the manufacture harness and the system should be bypassed. The VSS wire is not necessary and I shouldn't have to do anything with the actual parking brake, just the wire from the harness? Any help would be appreciated. This has really been frustrating over the last few days and I was thinking of returning the navigation system for a regular CD player.

Can anyone explain to me what the function of the pin just above the mute pin is?

I understand the procedure but I would really want to know why this fix works by knowing the function of the pin.

The parking-brake signal grounding makes sense - no explanation needed!

My reason for implementing the fix is not so much of movies... I hope this will make it possible to enter destinations while on the move!

I have not yet received the unit and dont know the version/date of the unit at this point in time. I will post once fix is implemented including information about the unit.

Regards,

Peter

The parking brake wire and the mute wire should be grounded to perform the bypass. But, you must move the mute wire to the empty cavity above it. Pictures are in the begining of this tread.

This "secret" pin reads 5V when the unit is powered on. You are pulling this pin to 0V when you move the mute wire to this pin and gound it. This puts the unit in a bypassed mode and stops it from checking the GPS, VSS, and internal gyros for movement, but still maintains all functions.