AVIC411.com

AVIC D3 Bypass with PICTURE!!!

Where did you hook the gps antenna at ???

There is a round gray hole for it. It's the only one the gps antenna will fit into.

how do you re pin the mute wire

You shouldn't have to re-pin the mute wire if you removed it correctly. If the pin came off, then you yanked it out instead of releasing the plastic clip holding it in. Look at my flash gallery in the sig below.

• Replies 384
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

about a week ago, i had D3 installed in my 2001 IS300. Before the purchase, I had no knowledge at all whatsoever about GPS/navigation system, etc etc. I'm soo glad to find out about this site, I've been lurking quite a bit,and all of you guys seem really chill and cool. I now have a custom made background, (thanks to this site) and its all pretty. :) My gf also bought me a new 30g iPod to go with my D3. So lets just say that, I get excited when I drive now :) BUT! enough with the intro... I want to do the bypass! I've been really debating whether or not to do it... I guess my question is, how much of a damage would it be make if for some reason the technician messes up? The first few posts on this thread said that their D3 were acting up after the bypass...

ps. Necro, the notes on the images on your flash were cut-off. I want to show your flash to the technician, and see if he can do it.

The pictures say it all! But if you need notes, tell me which picture you need notes on and I'll explain.

The bypass is simple and can be done after the technician installs it. Just be sure you disconnect your battery before attempting.

You could also do the bypass first and tell the technician to simply not connect the parking brake wire. Since you would have moved the mute wire and grounded it with the parking brake already, he could install all the rest as normal and you'll have no problems.

I have a question. I had a local shop install my D3 on my stock setup. Stock speakers and wiring harness. They didnt install the RCA connector. Is that okay? The unit still functions. I realize that the RCA connector is to be used with aftermarket amps. I have one just not yet install yet. I want to do the bypass. Can I just unplugg the mute wire and do the bypass. Then connect it to the back and be set? It wouldnt be running anything to it yet? Is this normal? Someone please help.

You'll need to:

DISCONNECT THE BATTERY

1. Move the mute wire pin on the A/V Harness (with the RCA jacks)

2. Pull out the radio

3. Plug the harness in

4. Ground the mute cable (tap into the ground they setup)

5. Cut and ground the parking brake cable (light green).

6. Put it all back together (including battery)

Then you will be bypassed. You may need to reset the D3.